Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

As one of few people who actually likes Sheamus, I've wanted to see this match for years and now it happens on a house show and we don't even get to see it. Fuck sake Vince.

I like sheamus as well not sure why people always knock him.

His face run in 2012 was shit (mainly due to the awful Del Rio feud), and granted Big Show did carry him in their feud after that, but he's a great brawler in a promotion that's short on great brawlers.

He is far better as a heel.

I'm so glad I'm going to Wrestlemania this year to scratch it off the bucketlst because seriously I'm so not interested in WWE anymore. The programing is so aweful that this migh actually be the last WM ina LONG time what has anything worthwhile and that will likley be Taker's last match(hopefully). I mean what else is there to look forward to? It's horrible. I'll be at WM and it will be the worst WM in history hahaha

I'm so glad I'm going to Wrestlemania this year to scratch it off the bucketlst because seriously I'm so not interested in WWE anymore. The programing is so aweful that this migh actually be the last WM ina LONG time what has anything worthwhile and that will likley be Taker's last match(hopefully). I mean what else is there to look forward to? It's horrible. I'll be at WM and it will be the worst WM in history hahaha

I doubt it'll be WM9 bad. Can't get much worse than the Yokozuna/Bret/Hogan debacle closing the show.

Like, even if the card is the drizzling shits, I'm sure Reigns/Lesnar will still be a better match than the likes of Hogan-Yoko, Taylor-Bigelow, Taker-Sid and Cena-Miz,

I doubt it'll be WM9 bad. Can't get much worse than the Yokozuna/Bret/Hogan debacle closing the show.

Like, even if the card is the drizzling shits, I'm sure Reigns/Lesnar will still be a better match than the likes of Hogan-Yoko, Taylor-Bigelow, Taker-Sid and Cena-Miz,

or as bad as wrestlemania II, i mean it will be bad but i think there will be a couple of good matches.

As one of few people who actually likes Sheamus, I've wanted to see this match for years and now it happens on a house show and we don't even get to see it. Fuck sake Vince.

The terrible promo's being over pushed. The stupid gimmick (albeit not as offensive as Finley) of being an American stereotype of an Irish person from an imaginary land. Being goofy and smiling cheering like he's the star of the show a week after loosing the title.

His attempted burial (all be it the writters fault), of having him squash Bryan at Mania. The fact that he's one of the highest paid wrestlers on the roster (for comparison he's paid almost Triple Bryan's wages). The stories about the company trying to force the company that makes the games for them change their mind about Punk on the cover and instead put Sheamus. That he's buddies with Triple H which certainly helped with his initial push.

*lucky charms* cough, cough.

Edited by AtariLegend

The terrible promo's being over pushed. The stupid gimmick (albeit not as offensive as Finley) of being an American stereotype of an Irish person from an imaginary land. Being goofy and smiling cheering like he's the star of the show a week after loosing the title.

*lucky charms* cough, cough.

Connor McGreggor is the real life version of this stereotype playing out right in front of our eyes though.

His face run in 2012 was shit (mainly due to the awful Del Rio feud), and granted Big Show did carry him in their feud after that, but he's a great brawler in a promotion that's short on great brawlers.

Even still, he had two of the matches of the year in Bryan (Extreme Rules) and Big Show (Hell in a Cell). I like Sheamus.

They could've gotten a good streak match out of him just after he got the initial mega push as a heel, I really have zero interest in seeing Undertaker face him now though. It's the Undertaker (most likely retirement) match that really throws a spanner into the Wrestlemania card. He can't face Wyatt or Lesnar again, and who else could he go out with? Finn Balor? Kane? Those seem like the only two plausible options now, and meh.

Undertaker is a tricky one this year. If it's really his last match, out of the oldies, I'd like it to be with Kane for poetic reasons. It probably would be an ok match rather than a great one. But given their history you could really build it to be amazing.

Out of the youngsters, I'd like it to be against Balor. And give him the win too. Many of the greats have stepped down on a loss at Mania. Flair against Michaels, then Michaels against Taker. If Taker would step down, I would be ok with him not winning. And a guy like Balor kan really benefit from the push.

With Kane I'd be ok with either man winning.

They should have not gone with Taker-Wyatt in the past. Wyatt beating him could have been a great passing of the torch moment too. But if they'd do it now it'd be a bad re-hash.

Also, what about the Bullet Club debuting in-ring at Mania as an invading faction? Maybe have them face a group of NXT guys? Joe and AJ would be great to see. Some of the best matches in the history of TNA were between Joe/AJ/Daniels. Could be a great showcase for all of them.

We keep saying it's going to be shit (and it probably will), but what I'd love to see is WWE taking a risk, properly booking a large group of young guys for the next 3 months and have them tear the house down at Mania.