Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

As long as Finn Balor and AJ Styles debut during the rumble, I'll be happy

Spoilers contained below regarding AJ's potential debut

AJ is in the building tonight. PWI had previously been reporting that he'd be debuting on tomorrow night's Raw, since WWE wants to treat this Rumble as a legit title match, and limiting it to the main roster rather than giving newcomers or part-time legends a title shot right off the bat. AJ is backstage for sure tonight, though. No word on whether he'll actually show up in the Rumble, or if he's just there to get himself ingratiated with the locker room before showing up tomorrow night.

As long as Finn Balor and AJ Styles debut during the rumble, I'll be happy

Spoilers contained below regarding AJ's potential debut
AJ is in the building tonight. PWI had previously been reporting that he'd be debuting on tomorrow night's Raw, since WWE wants to treat this Rumble as a legit title match, and limiting it to the main roster rather than giving newcomers or part-time legends a title shot right off the bat. AJ is backstage for sure tonight, though. No word on whether he'll actually show up in the Rumble, or if he's just there to get himself ingratiated with the locker room before showing up tomorrow night.

But if they're actually going to do something with him on the main roster, why not give him an actual shot at the title?

In all honesty, of the 30 people in the Rumble, there are only four I could really see being genuinely considered to win the title.

I love Kayfabe News.

http://www.kayfabenews.com/wrestling-fans-desperately-hoping-30-surprise-rumble-entrants/

They've also got an article about the Northeast being buried, presumably by HHH.

Was cool to see Banks, because otherwise the ending to that match was a bit disappointing. Right, now for the big'un. I've already accepted a pants winner, at least give me some nice legend pops, a return and a debut. Thanks for ticking none of these WWE in advance.

That was a pretty piss poor way for AJ Styles to be eliminated, without even getting a Styles Clash but I can live with Owens vs Styles going forward. Especially if we're going with any Sami feud for Owens. I can live it though, just fell a bit flat in the end. Smart booking to have Sami come out soon after though to fill that void.

Edited by Conor

That was a pretty piss poor way for AJ Styles to be eliminated, without even getting a Styles Clash but I can live with Owens vs Styles going forward.

styles pretty much got his ass kicked by the likes of ryback and titus o neil for 20 minutes.

Is this what it's like to actually have a Rumble match booked? I forgot after last year. Give the crowd Styles to cheer for, give them Sami Zayn, give them Lesnar. Funny how that works.

That was a pretty piss poor way for AJ Styles to be eliminated, without even getting a Styles Clash but I can live with Owens vs Styles going forward.

styles pretty much got his ass kicked by the likes of ryback and titus o neil for 20 minutes.

We'll find out tomorrow where he stands I guess. But Cole certainly put him over as an instant upper midcard, and Owens is the perfect guy to eliminate him.