Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

AJ's new shirt is sold out already on WWESHOP in all sizes but 5XL. I wonder if that and the pop he got at the Rumble will be dismissed by Vince as the work of smart marks? He's only got a few years left,WWE should push him while they still can.

How about the gloves?

AJ's new shirt is sold out already on WWESHOP in all sizes but 5XL. I wonder if that and the pop he got at the Rumble will be dismissed by Vince as the work of smart marks? He's only got a few years left,WWE should push him while they still can.

How about the gloves?

Along with Sting's gloves,those are a SHOPTNA.COM exclusive.

you read and listen to people talk online and they make it out to be the only people who know aj styles are smarks. these people forget at one time tna wrestling had an all time viewership of 2.1 million people, to put that in perspective raw hit an all time low just this last november at 2.95 million viewers. this isnt counting fans of njpw, roh, AAA etc. i would have loved to have seen aj in lucha underground.

on a side note i think they made roman reigns look really bad in this ppv.

Edited by bran

i was wondering how they'd manage to have him last the entire match and not gas, should've guessed they'd go the whole "gets killed early on, spends the entire match being medically attended to and amazingly returns 100% fine 20 minutes later" route.

All in all though, I liked the Rumble match. Wish they'd done more with Brock, almost seems like they're cooling off on him a bit, but I guess a Brock-Wyatt match is cool. Zayn-Owens confrontation was great. Hope they pull the trigger on giving them a Mania match.

Edited by bacardimayne

i was wondering how they'd manage to have him last the entire match and not gas, should've guessed they'd go the whole "gets killed early on, spends the entire match being medically attended to and amazingly returns 100% fine 20 minutes later" route.

All in all though, I liked the Rumble match. Wish they'd done more with Brock, almost seems like they're cooling off on him a bit, but I guess a Brock-Wyatt match is cool. Zayn-Owens confrontation was great. Hope they pull the trigger on giving them a Mania match.

when he came back it didnt feel like mick foley when he went through the cage vs the undertaker, where he was the battered "hero" coming back to battle, reigns it felt more like a weasel not being hurt all that bad and waiting to steal a win IMO.

It's funny. Owens came out still selling his injuries from the match over an hour ago, while Reigns came back 20 minutes after getting wheeled off in a stretcher, fresh as a daisy.

exactly, even when owens was eliminated, when the camera cut to whoever was coming down the ramp, owens was still selling it all the way to the back, reigns comes down like nothing happened to him, to me it came of like a weasel, something a heel would do.

if i was writing the story and i wanted to show reigns as a badass, a guy that you want the fans to get behind, i would have had reigns come down the ramp with some medical staff behind him, reigns all battered, torn shirt,limping, bandaged ribs or something, with a chair. i would have the league of nations down there and i would have had reigns lay everyone of them out.

Edited by bran

Not going to rant too much, but I'm looking forward to Michael Cole shouting at the top of his voice "The Roman Reigns Era Has Just Restarted!" as the crowd boos wildly at Wrestlemania.

Why was Lesnar even in the Rumble? It's another wasted appearance. He walked into Mania last year as the biggest face in the company, probably bigger than Bryan (due to booking). Now it's just "stick him whatever heel we have left".

Hope AJ doesn't get booked like Neville.

Edited by AtariLegend

While I find it really annoying that he came running out fresh as a daisy, it was a bit unusual that he went out to no fanfare. As soon as he was eliminated that it was it, they weren't shoving the story down our throats. It was pretty refreshing.

I know some people will hate the ending, but given the current storyline it makes perfect sense, I'm fine with it. It was a really good Rumble, that actually involved some booking, god forbid. There were some lovely little subplots going forward, and backed up by a few solid and one great match before.

My main complaint is that they could've chucked in a couple legend pops (instead of Jack Swagger/Mark Henry primarily), but at the same since it was for the title, I can live it. The AJ Styles debut and Sami return are enough to keep me happy. If they've any sense, they'll throw AJ against Neville or someone similar tonight and just give them fifteen minutes. So they won't.

Most disgusting thing was Braun Strowman oiling up the Big Show so he slipped over the ropes. And Lesnar not killing everyone when he was eliminated.

Awesome Rumble, shit ending.

So... number one contenders match between Reigns and somebody else at Fast Lane which Reigns will win? Giving us Reigns-Trips and Brock-Wyatt's at Mania.

Really hoping for Styles-Owens at Mania too. Should be an awesome match.

Ok, going a bit off-schedule here. But what if..

- Trips refuses to face Reigns and has a match with Ambrose at Fast Lane

- Rock screws Trips causing him to lose the title

- Rock faces Trips at Mania, if Rock wins Reigns earns another shot at the title and if Trips wins one of his boys earns the shot (Sheamus or whatever?)

- Rock wins, Reigns vs Ambrose for the title at Mania

It's sort of shit, but it's definitely not beyond the realm of possibility.

Edit:

Which would also make room for AJ and Kevin Owens in a IC title feud.

Edited by username

If Roman was well enough to walk backstage of his own accord after the League of Nations beatdown, why wasn't he well enough to continue? :lol:

Anyone who's in it from the start to end always has a 30 minute break somewhere in between. Remember 99 ? :P

I think they failed in their plan to make "Roman look really strong".

Would not be shocked if Bryan shows up soon on TV having been magically cleared the night after the Rumble.

If Roman was well enough to walk backstage of his own accord after the League of Nations beatdown, why wasn't he well enough to continue? :lol:

Anyone who's in it from the start to end always has a 30 minute break somewhere in between. Remember 99 ? :P

Doesn't excuse the fact that he came out again after Sheamus, failing to sell anything and as energetic as ever. Hardly suggests he was getting treatment backstage. He came out more energetic than he did at the beginning! That's the real kick in the teeth.

So, I haven't watched in forever until last night. Was AJ Styles like TNA's flagship guy? And are the League of Nations to stereotypes what the Nation of Domination was for pissed off black guys?

Yeah, for ages. He left last year I think, then worked in other promotions and Japan, putting in some of the best stuff in his career. He's really elevated himself in the last year year, won PWI Outstanding Wrestler of the Year for 2015. I remember in 2006 TNA he was their standout guy, and had been ever since.

Also yes.