Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Watched some RAW episodes from '96 last night. Man, those were honestly the good days.

Wasn't 1996 kind'a terrible...? At least the first half of the year.

They were always playing 96 episodes on Thursdays when I had the network. I found them hard to watch.

Watched some RAW episodes from '96 last night. Man, those were honestly the good days.

They were always playing 96 episodes on Thursdays when I had the network. I found them hard to watch.

Working my way up to the Attitude Era.

Even then, for every memorable Stone Cold or DX segment, you've got a Mideon match. 1999 is a bit better, and I'd argue that Raw probably peaks in 2000 when Austin was out. 2002 Smackdown was the absolute shit as well, really good stuff.

• Like 1

Even then, for every memorable Stone Cold or DX segment, you've got a Mideon match. 1999 is a bit better, and I'd argue that Raw probably peaks in 2000 when Austin was out. 2002 Smackdown was the absolute shit as well, really good stuff.

I really started tuning in in 2001 so for the longest time 2001 raw was the shit for me. Now looking back, lolinvasion.

Smackdown in 02 and 04 was fucking awesome. Those were the days.

• Like 1

2000 might've been perfect. Only bad PPV was Wrestlemania, ironically. What in the fuck happened there.

lolgooddxsegments

IN THIS BUSINESSAH I COMMANDEERED A TANK INTO THE WCW ZONE AND DECLARED WAR ON ERIC BISCHOFF EEEEEEEERRRRRRRUUUUHHHHHHH

Edited by bacardimayne

2000 might've been perfect. Only bad PPV was Wrestlemania, ironically. What in the fuck happened there.

lolgooddxsegments

IN THIS BUSINESSAH I COMMANDEERED A TANK INTO THE WCW ZONE AND DECLARED WAR ON ERIC BISCHOFF EEEEEEEERRRRRRRUUUUHHHHHHH

Suggesting coked up Shawn at the beginning of the Attitude Era wasn't wonderful. 2000 really was the tits though. In particular, the best twelve months of WWE was probably from the Raw after Wrestlemania 2000 until Wrestlemania X-Seven. You've got them embracing Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, the tag team division has The Hardy Boyz, The Dudleys, Edge & Christian, APA and others, all the while having The Rock and Triple H arguably at their peak fighting for the top spot in Austin's absence, who then came back and rekindled two of the best feuds of his career against the two of them. It's fantastic. Undertaker's pretty boring at this point, as I don't think the gimmick really took off until the end of 2001 when he cut his hair and got rid of the beer gut, but Kane was over as fuck for a while there too. Bonus points for Commissioner Foley as well.

lolgooddxsegments

Suggesting coked up Shawn at the beginning of the Attitude Era wasn't wonderful. 2000 really was the tits though. In particular, the best twelve months of WWE was probably from the Raw after Wrestlemania 2000 until Wrestlemania X-Seven. You've got them embracing Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, the tag team division has The Hardy Boyz, The Dudleys, Edge & Christian, APA and others, all the while having The Rock and Triple H arguably at their peak fighting for the top spot in Austin's absence, who then came back and rekindled two of the best feuds of his career against the two of them. It's fantastic. Undertaker's pretty boring at this point, as I don't think the gimmick really took off until the end of 2001 when he cut his hair and got rid of the beer gut, but Kane was over as fuck for a while there too. Bonus points for Commissioner Foley as well.

I stopped following for a quite a while in the early - mid 2000's. I completely missed Brock's entire first run. I think the last thing that had me interested was the Invasion angle and then I tuned out for a long time afterwards.

Bret Hart

It is with great remorse that I feel compelled to speak truthfully to my friends, family and my millions of fans around the world. In the past few years, I've spent more than enough time paying the price for all those years trying to be the best there ever was as a professional wrestler. I executed excellently and my proudest claim was that I never seriously hurt or injured another wrestler in my 23 year career. I've paid a price for all that "fake" wrestling. Aside from a devastating career-ending concussion and numerous surgeries when I was younger, in recent years I've had two knee replacements, two hernia operations, surgery on my right elbow, and, just a few months ago, I underwent a four-corner fusion of my right wrist that even now makes it most difficult to write or type.

Mark Helprin wrote: "We are all perfect clocks that Divinity has set to ticking when, even before birth, the heart explodes into a lifelong dance." I've had a great lifelong dance and I'm a survivor of many hard battles. I now face my toughest battle. With hesitation and fear, I openly declare myself in my fight against prostate cancer. In the next few days, I will undergo surgery with the hope of defeating this nemesis once and for all.

My fans have always looked upon me as a hero and I've always done my best to live up to that in and out of the ring. I beat the odds when I suffered my stroke in 2002, but it is now yet again, that I draw upon the many adults and young children I've met throughout my life who courageously fought and usually lost in their battles against this deadly disease. One year ago, I watched a brave young man named Whesley fight brain cancer to the end. If I can find even an ounce of his courage to stand unafraid and face the tough road ahead of me, I will march toward this destiny with his spirit chanting in my ear.

I make a solemn vow to all of those that once believed in me, the dead and the living, that I will wage my fearsome fight against cancer with one shield and one sword carrying my determination and my fury for life, emboldened by all the love that's kept me going this long already. Love is my weapon and I've got much of it around me all the time, for which I'm truly blessed and eternally grateful. My children, grandchildren, and my loving wife Steph have been and will constantly be at my side. I refuse to lose, I will never give in or give up, and I will win this battle or die trying.

Most important of all, I hope I can take the fight to prostate cancer. To be a leader in awareness and to set the example for men everywhere who find themselves in my very same shoes, that prostate cancer can be beaten.

B x

Edited by Subtle Signs

Never particularly liked him, and even going back on everything he did it's always his opponent I prefer throughout his best matches. That's still a credit to him because it takes two to make a match, but I've always had respect for him as a wrestler/performer and wish him all the best as I wouldn't want to see any ill come to him. It's a real shame about the concussion/stroke, he could've had some seriously kick ass matches at the end of his career in 2002/2003 with Jericho/Benoit/Edge/Angle/Guerrero.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Conor said:

Never particularly liked him, and even going back on everything he did it's always his opponent I prefer throughout his best matches. That's still a credit to him because it takes two to make a match, but I've always had respect for him as a wrestler/performer and wish him all the best as I wouldn't want to see any ill come to him. It's a real shame about the concussion/stroke, he could've had some seriously kick ass matches at the end of his career in 2002/2003 with Jericho/Benoit/Edge/Angle/Guerrero.

Yeah it's crazy to think of what could have been had that injury not happened. 

During a backstage segment on #RAW, Stephanie McMahon made a joke about Dean Ambrose being the "Marty Jannetty" of the Ambrose/Roman Reigns team. Marty Jannetty responded to the comment on his Facebook page: 

Did that biitch just say what I think I just hurrd on RAW??? Steph...should I remind the world.all them kids might not be Hunter's....wanna step ??

175 Likes · 133 Comments · 33 Shares

http://nodq.com/wwe/456390507.shtml

Edited by Subtle Signs

19 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

During a backstage segment on #RAW, Stephanie McMahon made a joke about Dean Ambrose being the "Marty Jannetty" of the Ambrose/Roman Reigns team. Marty Jannetty responded to the comment on his Facebook page: 

Did that biitch just say what I think I just hurrd on RAW??? Steph...should I remind the world.all them kids might not be Hunter's....wanna step ??

175 Likes · 133 Comments · 33 Shares

http://nodq.com/wwe/456390507.shtml

Marty is off his...."rocker."

:awesomeface:

sick of these 3 hour Raws.. everything is just filler. 

Kevin Owens looked like he was legit mad at Dolph Ziggler in that match though.. Owens barley let Dolph get any sort of shot in, that fore arm shot and the kick to the head were too close for comfort, and Ziggler left the match with a bunch of scratches, some even drawing blood... Either Owens plays that pissed off character all too well, or someone got bitched at after that match. 

The Golden Truth segments are pretty funny too me. Borderline PG-13 at times, definitely funnier then some of the other stuff WWE has put out in the last couple of months. 

I also find the New Days stuff to be pretty funny too. The way they just ad lib the shit out of anything kinda keeps you on the edge of your seat even if you don't like them. 

Other then that, all filler no killer. 

• Like 2

the show was just boring anti climatic bullshit.you tease a potential rift between ambrose and reigns and nothing comes of it, big show saves reigns from getting his ass kicked by the wyatts, now big show is getting his ass kicked by the wyatts and if you are following the story you would think reigns would have came out but he doesn't. lesnar just lets ambrose out of the ring without doing jack shit. the main event was god awful.

• Like 1