Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

14 hours ago, Bansidhe said:

Devitt injured. Bugger.

Shame for those with NXT Live tickets, but it's not the end of the world. They've already got all episodes of NXT recorded until Takeover Dallas, so he's plenty of time to recover.

Bayley doing his entrance was immense.

3 minutes ago, Conor said:

Any chance that the Daniel Bryan thing is a work? Seems odd for him to announce his retirement on Twitter hours before Raw.

It'd be more odd to try and create a scenario where they advertise that he'll be on Raw tonight to make a major announcement only to announce retirement for a "TV moment".

I wouldn't be surprised if we see him on NJPW shows or ROH after this.

I just hope though that either way they don't have Stephanie come out to "heel it up" and call him B + one last time or have him attempt to give a rub again to Reigns.

40 minutes ago, Conor said:

Any chance that the Daniel Bryan thing is a work? Seems odd for him to announce his retirement on Twitter hours before Raw.

I say absolutely not. Got into this convo with a buddy of mine a little bit ago. I just don't see how you "work" the most over star in the company retiring before 'Mania. If this were a work, you have him come back tonight, get him in the ring with some megastar at 'Mania (Taker still has no opponent), and let the fake retirement happen there. PWI has a report (and had it up before the tweet) that Bryan tried to hand in notice and was refused. All signs point to WWE won't let him wrestle, wouldn't release him from his contract, and wouldn't let him wrestle elsewhere, so this is the best way for him to get out of it.

I don't know what the no-compete in his deal was like, but I would expect to see Bryan Danielson wrestling someplace the first day he's eligible if he really has been cleared by independent docs.

"It's just not possible to compete at the highest level with neck injuries. And that is why, it pains me to say, I must ret-"

"I WON AN OLYMPIC GOD MEDAL WITH A BROKEN FREAKIN' NECK." Career Vs Career Submission Match at Wrestlemania

• Like 2

Still find it hard to believe bryan just accepted the wwe's decision. It feels like mysterio all over again. Vince wanted a face to put on his "getting tough on concussions" campaign with the lawsuits coming in, he sacrificed  bryan for what he feels is a short term loss that he can recoup. Vince doesn't pull that shit with reigns,cena,and orton

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

So Bryan's done. That's it. No more hope for Bryan-Lesnar. No more hope for an actual title run. Just 10 years of Reigns. I think I'm going to stop watching non-Mania PPVs.

And now to patiently wait for the return of Rollins.

• Like 1

lol @ the crowd immediately not giving a shit about what Stephanie is saying and starting the Bryan chants. 

Stephanie was ok as Smackdown GM back in the day. But she's getting really on my nerves more every time I see her. 

Very sad to see Bryan's career end like this! He deserved an epic title run and so many more great matches. :( But I also understand WWE doctors. It's a risk they can't possibly take. When something happens, they are the ones who made the call. Bryan might be paralized. Everybody loses in that scenario. 

I have a feeling that Lesnar / Reigns / Ambrose could actually be really good. As long as Reigns doesn't win. 

Contract signings shouldn't be a thing in WWE anymore. Ever. It's a really shit way to do promo's. 

I wish they wouldn't overplay the Dean Ambrose is crazy card so much. Especially the announcers. 

Edited by username

In a decade this company will crash like WCW.

There's no one on the roster I really care about enough anymore to tune into watch. I like Owens, A.J. and Seth, but I'm not going to watch a 2 hour program in the modern era to see them nevermind a 3 hour one.

Michaels is gone, Taker only shows up once a year to go threw the motions, Rock isn't getting paid enough to actually be in a feud, Punks gone, Bryan was treated like a midcarder then forced to retire and the ship sailed on an Austin return years ago.

It's not just the show being awful every week, it's the corporate presentation that panders to everyone except the people who actually watch the show. The social media pugs and adverts for other shows. Cole's so obnoxious with his "this is a moment" shtick that he would have ruined Austin vs. Bret. JBL calling every other the match a classic ever is pathetic. The modern era Cena fans chanting "This is Awesome" any time they see anything above mediocre, only encourages them.

I need to retire as a wrestling fan. I'm only 27, but it's a decade over due.

Anyway thanks Bryan for the memories.

Edited by AtariLegend

25 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

In a decade this company will crash like WCW.

There's no one on the roster I really care about enough anymore to tune into watch. I like Owens, A.J. and Seth, but I'm not going to watch a 2 hour program in the modern era to see them nevermind a 3 hour one.

Michaels is gone, Taker only shows up once a year to go threw the motions, Rock isn't getting paid enough to actually be in a feud, Punks gone, Bryan was treated like a midcarder then forced to retire and the ship sailed on an Austin return years ago.

It's not just the show being awful every week, it's the corporate presentation that panders to everyone except the people who actually watch the show. The social media pugs and adverts for other shows. Cole's so obnoxious with his "this is a moment" shtick that he would have ruined Austin vs. Bret. JBL calling every other the match a classic ever is pathetic. The modern era Cena fans chanting "This is Awesome" any time they see anything above mediocre, only encourages them.

I need to retire as a wrestling fan. I'm only 27, but it's a decade over due.

Anyway thanks Bryan for the memories.

This. I'm glad I'm getting my wrestlmania in this year. It's a bit late but at least it's in Texas so Austin and Michaels are all but guaranteed to be there. The Rock will be there HHH, Taker's last atch possibly. Brock will be there and really that's kinda it. I don't see how I will be able to stay interested in WWE past this Wrestlemania. They just don't have the product anymore and you are so fucing right about the presentation. I can't fucking stand hearing "WWE Universe" or Cole telling people what to hashtag. Also when you consistenlt have shit like New Day and Uso taking up 40 minutes of the show............. Shoot me.