Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

WTF? The Father of the Year is suspended for hugging Vince McMahon? If this wasn't PWInsider reporting it,I'd think it was NEWZ from rajah.com!

http://www.ringsidenews.com/wwe-news/titus-oneil-suspended-after-incident-with-vince-mcmahon/

Video of the incident :

http://nodq.com/wwe/457120708.shtml

Edited by Subtle Signs

3 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

WTF? The Father of the Year is suspended for hugging Vince McMahon? If this wasn't PWInsider reporting it,I'd think it was NEWZ from rajah.com!

http://www.ringsidenews.com/wwe-news/titus-oneil-suspended-after-incident-with-vince-mcmahon/

Video of the incident :

Seems like someone won't be making "millions of dollars" after all.

3 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Video of the incident :

Funny that, I'd actually wondered what was up when he bumped into him, it seemed really unusual. And here I thought Vince liked a huggie!

1 hour ago, Conor said:

Funny that, I'd actually wondered what was up when he bumped into him, it seemed really unusual. And here I thought Vince liked a huggie!

All I can think of is Vince was protecting his character after the big Danielson retirement ceremony.  We are however taking about a man who has had no problem with other men kissing his bare ass on TV.

3 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

All I can think of is Vince was protecting his character after the big Danielson retirement ceremony.  We are however taking about a man who has had no problem with other men kissing his bare ass on TV.

Aye, protecting his character whilst having a huge beamer on his face that his best worker has retired and he's finally cleared the way for Reigns.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Conor said:

Aye, protecting his character whilst having a huge beamer on his face that his best worker has retired and he's finally cleared the way for Reigns.

I have no other explanation for why Titus would be suspended for 90 days for grabbing Vince's hand. Maybe if it had happened off air Vince might not have come down so hard on him. I'm no Titus mark but 90 days seems excessive. 

There's no way. This is a guy they demoted to the pre-show of Wrestlemania then the next year jobbed out in 17 seconds to fucking Sheamus of all people.

They gave him the title at Summerslam that year because of the overwhelming crowd support, just so he could drop it to Orton a minute later to keep... Orton/Cena fresh.

After the crowd shit on the Orton/Cena unification title ceremony, they tried to turn him heel for a few weeks... then were forced to abandon it resulting in that crazy crowd pop when Bryan left the Wyatt Family. Afterwards they jobbed him out to Wyatt (to keep Wyatt who losses to everyone else strong for Cena) and didn't even enter him into the Rumble. You know the rest.

They give him the title at Mania then book him in a feud against title against Kane... He get's injured, returns , looks stupid at a Rumble where he does nothing and gets eliminated fast then booked to enhance Reigns who the crowd hated.

His final PPV match was in the opener of Wrestlemania in a ladder match against the rest of the midcarders. A guy who just came back from a neck injury with a history of concussions booked in a ladder match...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

Isn't the story that Vince buried DDP because DDP had the audacity to hug him when they first met? And that the entire Austin/Angle/Vince hug thing in 2001 was a rib on DDP? 

i also remember reading something about that, vince is a fucking nut that is for sure, the paul heyman story about vince sneezing is one of my favorites.

so punk needs back surgery and his mma debut has been pushed back.....again. wouldnt getting all this shit taken care of be the first priority before training to fight a real fight?

Shit man punk stalling once again. Can't wait for his KO loss

Also apparently Bryan's retirement is legit. Meltzer says he was trying to wrestle for other companies but then doctors found something wrong with his brain so he decided to retire, it wasn't a Vince thing. The Vince thing was refusing to grant him a release beforehand. Can't wait for his HBK run in 5 years. 

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 1

i still find it incredibly unlikely that we have seen the last of bryan in a wrestling ring, i know i might be in denial but i still think a couple of years down the road he will get another run in.

punk is going to get his ass kicked and will run to japan or roh or some shit.

Supposedly he was telling people up until the release rumors started that he wanted to go to NJPW or ROH.

I'm not sure though, Bryan did seem pretty convincing when talking about that latest test he got and that retirement. As much as I'd love for him to come back for the HBK run, I don't think it's a work.

No issue with Punk personally, at least he had the balls to go to UFC even though we expect he'll lose and retire. He'll make alot of money, but I do think he'll wrestle again. Considering Triple H will be running the company in a few years though, I don't see how it'll be in WWE.

EDITING THIS POST

One last thing. It's a shame we never got Bryan vs. Lesnar at Mania last year or Bryan vs. Taker.

Even Bryan vs. Cena II. Oh well :cry:

Edited by AtariLegend

4 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I don't know much about Drago but his character looks intimidating and powerful. Watching him get beaten by cheesy heel moves like a backslide rollover on the ropes was some of the dumbest shit ever. So was the black/green shorts guy doing a flip after being punched. Stupid indie bullshit.

You kinda get an appreciation for that stuff when you realize all the stuff you don't see in the big promotions, is still fun.

On 2/13/2016 at 2:40 PM, Wagszilla said:

I don't know much about Drago but his character looks intimidating and powerful. Watching him get beaten by cheesy heel moves like a backslide rollover on the ropes was some of the dumbest shit ever. So was the black/green shorts guy doing a flip after being punched. Stupid indie bullshit.

I agree, what a way to waste Drago's first appearance of season 2. Also I really don't get what people see in Jack Evans....

At least they took the IC title off Ambrose. I kind of want him to win at Mania. I'd be ok with Brock too, but I'd love Ambrose to really take the fight to Brock and win. 

Maybe even have Ambrose win despite a Reigns heel turn which could lead to Ambrose retaining against heel Reigns at Extreme Rules. 

• Like 1