Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

16 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Like I said in my predictions :P. The result would be ret-conned, didn't matter if Taker/Shane won. Same result. 

At least with Shane there, it means less Dr. Phil as the celebrity guest host.

I'm hoping Shane introduces Dr. Phil to some of those t-rex punches he's grown so fond of :P

It's almost like the WWE realized that they had to change course with everything that they had planned due to the poor response to Wrestlemania. How else do you explain the booking choices over the past two weeks?

The conspiracy theorist in me says that this was part of some kind of master plan all along: Vince books the shows like hot garbage on purpose, so that Shane could come in and be the "savior" of sorts with better booking, new stars, etc.

All of that aside: Bray Wyatt is a face now? Wha?

Edited by The Real McCoy

13 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

All of that aside: Bray Wyatt is a face now? Wha?

He would have got bigger cheers if he jumped Roman after the match or refused the tag. Not that I ever want to see Roman/Bray again.

I don't like that they gave Doc the name Luke back again. His real name is better and that's the name he got over with in NJPW. Also reminds people that he once a jobber who switched gimmick several times.

Not sure why they'd have Gallows/Anderson on the books for months then have them debut without Balor and just have them beat up the Usos. 

5 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

He would have got bigger cheers if he jumped Roman after the match or refused the tag. Not that I ever want to see Roman/Bray again.

I don't like that they gave Doc the name Luke back again. His real name is better and that's the name he got over with in NJPW. Also reminds people that he once a jobber who switched gimmick several times.

Not sure why they'd have Gallows/Anderson on the books for months then have them debut without Balor and just have them beat up the Usos. 

Maybe they will have them fued with Usos, Enzo and Cass will fued with Dudleys then they both win and Bullet Club vs Enzo/Cass, Maybe somehow AJ gets in with Bullet Club then Balor comes in to say WTF mates.  and then shit all hits the fan? 

6 hours ago, Bono said:

Maybe they will have them fued with Usos, Enzo and Cass will fued with Dudleys then they both win and Bullet Club vs Enzo/Cass, Maybe somehow AJ gets in with Bullet Club then Balor comes in to say WTF mates.  and then shit all hits the fan? 

Fallout, maybe? How fucking sick would it be if Balor comes out to interfere and help Gallows/Anderson win the titles off of the New Day, then they all help AJ beat Roman, and the Bullet Club suddenly holds all of the gold?!

I know, that would be awesome, so it's never gonna happen, but man oh man would I love that.

AJ and Zayn can't do a long-term program because there is no heal there, but holy goddamn hell what a magical match those two put on last night. Zayn is a special talent, AJ is truly phenomenal, and that chemistry..... Wow.

Ambrose is quickly becoming my favorite guy in the company. Second time in three weeks that the highlight of Raw has just been Ambrose interrupting someone and ignoring them. That bit with the plant and just quietly setting his show up was laugh out loud hilarious. And it's great to see Jericho back to putting guys over instead of giving AJ the Sting treatment (inexplicably burying him at Mania before sending him into a meaningless futile title chase)

Edited by axlslash

http://whatculture.com/wwe/who-will-be-the-third-man-for-karl-anderson-doc-gallows-bullet-club-wwe-invasion 

I'd assume Balor. Given the shirts sold. But they seem to be booking Anderson and Gallows as heels. 
The logical options are Balor and AJ, both face. So this feels... weird. I guess. I hope they'll surprise me. 

If it isn't Balor it doesn't make sense why they even signed both guys. They could do well, but it wouldn't last long in WWE land.

Balor's the one they have money invested in, he's the one that's been pushed as NXT. He despite not being the biggest guy, looks like a "WWE Wrestler". He's also been in NXT long enough that more people probably think of him as Balor than Prince Devitt. A.J. Styles was their leader in Japan until they kicked him out in Jan, but it's not like WWE is going to treat NJPW as cannon unless it comes to title reigns.

Can they really have A.J. play a supporting role to Balor too? Still though it all has to come down to Balor, they printed T-Shirts for it and had Balor tease it not so subtlety multiple times.

Imagine if it was Reigns? Wow the backlash online, it would be another extreme WTF moment. It's such a stupid idea, they might do it.

Edited by AtariLegend

38 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Imagine if it was Reigns? Wow the backlash online, it would be another extreme WTF moment. It's such a stupid idea, they might do it.

Don't say that! You shut your dirty whore mouth! Vince might be reading along! :wow:

I think WWE is struggling to find over heels, with all of the faces being so hated. New Day were over as heels, but they have no heat now and might as well be faces. Same for the Wyatts. The only people with heat are a lot of the faces - Roman, the Usos to a lesser extent seem to be losing the crowd. Maybe they want a heel bullet club? I could see that working, and bringing Balor in. Eventually maybe you turn them face and bring AJ into the fold.

Also, I missed Bray's finger pistol at the end of RAW this week. Holy shit is this a gorgeous shot. For all of the things WWE cameras fuck up, this is about as good as it gets.

Edited by axlslash

1 hour ago, axlslash said:

I think WWE is struggling to find over heels, with all of the faces being so hated. New Day were over as heels, but they have no heat now and might as well be faces. Same for the Wyatts. The only people with heat are a lot of the faces - Roman, the Usos to a lesser extent seem to be losing the crowd. Maybe they want a heel bullet club? I could see that working, and bringing Balor in. Eventually maybe you turn them face and bring AJ into the fold.

Also, I missed Bray's finger pistol at the end of RAW this week. Holy shit is this a gorgeous shot. For all of the things WWE cameras fuck up, this is about as good as it gets.

That is glorious. 

Haven't watched wrestling since Mania. Might have to check our this week's Raw based on what everyone's saying. 

6 hours ago, username said:

http://whatculture.com/wwe/who-will-be-the-third-man-for-karl-anderson-doc-gallows-bullet-club-wwe-invasion 

I'd assume Balor. Given the shirts sold. But they seem to be booking Anderson and Gallows as heels. 
The logical options are Balor and AJ, both face. So this feels... weird. I guess. I hope they'll surprise me. 

They could make it AJ and try and swing him heel in an attempt to get Reigns over. I know Reigns is never going over but WWE doesn't seem to know that. Migt all be too quick though but imagine if Gallows and Anderson helped AJ win the title at ..... Ummm.... shit I just drew a blank on the  next ppv..... payback? 

2 hours ago, axlslash said:

The pistol shot was awesome. I had to watch it a second time the other night because I wasn't sure if it was intentionally directed towards the spear or not. Badass. Bray is wicked. 

As for Bullet Club it would be cool to have AJ join and then one night on RAW down the road have Balor show up and then have this power struggle between AJ and Balor. Then you could have AJ kicked out again and have a Balor vs AJ feud...... 

So many options though really. It's like NXT has completely taken over WWE right now. I wish Paige had a better story and was mor einvolved in the women's picture though. She should disappear for a while maybe till like Summerslam or some shit and then come back as a major heel because what is she right now? I don't think she would even know if you were to ask her haha. 

The wrestling was very good, no doubt. I will never complain about a show with a few top-shelf matches, Enzo and Cass cutting promos on the Dudleys, and the like. Not to mention Ambrose silently stealing the show again. Worth checking out at least.

Fuck sakes Bray is out now with a calf injury. All these guys getting injured at lame house shows sucks. Injuries suck period but hving them happen on house shows sucks even worse. They should shut Bray down for 5 months and then reboot him. His character has been ruined, he's hurt too often lately to get the ball rolling on any new story line. He needs to go away and then come back and have some massive impact. 

7 hours ago, Bono said:

From a revenue side of things they would never do it but they should really only be wrestling twice a week. RAW and Smackdown. These dark house shows are pointless.  

I think taking away the house shows has a lot more damage than people would realise. Firstly, as you said, you've a huge revenue loss. It would take a lot of people away if they were never given the opportunity to see this in real life, as no matter how bad things have gotten, house shows are considerably more fun and entertaining. The other thing is, I think you'd find injuries potentially go up actually, and people who are wrestling once a week will not improve in the ring anything like as quickly as they would if they're working house shows, getting used to working in an audience and enjoying what they're doing. The other thing is, believe it or not as they seem to be terrible at booking, WWE tends to use these shows to gauge audience reactions for future storylines, see the kind of chemistry two people have together and so on. 

Plus I'm going to Newcastle to see WWE Live and Undertaker is going to be there so fuck you all.

Edit: Also hearing that the Bray injury isn't as bad as they feared, and was more of a precaution to stop the main event.

Edited by Conor