Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

1 hour ago, The_Original_RK said:

Do you guys listen to any wrestling podcasts? I have a couple in my rotation.

I listen to Talk is Jericho when he has a worthwhile guest on, though honestly I tend to like his non-wrestler interviews even more than his wrestler ones. Also a big fan of the Chad Dukes Wrestling Show. It's based out of DC, and it's a weekly Wednesday night show that gets great interviews and some pretty solid analysis.

1 minute ago, Bono said:

the designs of that shirt actually look like something they'd make for the Bella twins. 

NAKA-MODE!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you guys listen to any wrestling podcasts? I have a couple in my rotation.

Just the observer shows here;

Observer Live, Bryan and Vinny Show.

Not a fan of other podcasts, have a disdain for Torch audio shows. Except for the Bruce Mitchell one, because it's the least Keller heavy one they do. Not worth subscribing though for that.

There's a reason btw for bad merchandise, it's an excuse not to push people when it doesn't sell. See Daniel Bryan's beard T-Shirts. It it looks so silly and uncool, no one will buy it... then they don't need to push him/her.

I see WWE trying to trademark Nakamura's real name? Bit odd, worse though is that they want to trademark the "King of Strong Style" nick name... that he's been using all around the world for like a decade? He won't be pleased after he inevitably leaves the company in a few years.

Edited by AtariLegend

You can't trademark a legal name, or at the very least you can't enforce that trademark. That's why Chyna legally changed her name from Joanie to Chyna; now, even though WWE trademarked her name while she was there, she can still market herself as Chyna without a problem. So Nakamura's real name is safe. The King of Strongstyle nickname can't be trademarked by anyone but the person/organization that created it, so unless Shinsuke or NJPW signed over the rights to it (entirely possible), that should be safe too. That said, WWE is fairly notorious for just ignoring other place's trademarks since they have the money and the lawyers to just tie it up in court until the other side taps out, so could go either way.

5 minutes ago, moreblack said:

I listen to Ross, Austin, Cabana, Jericho, Cornette, Flair on various degrees of regularity.

Moreblack, where is the old avatar pic with your cat? Always gave me a chuckle.

Ross is good when he has Dave Meltzer on. Cheap Heat is also a good one. The latest Austin podcast featuring Enzo and Big Cass was awesome! Do yourselves a favor and download that episode.

-RK

Can't get enough of Enzo and Cass lately. Wish Carmella joined them on the main roster, but apparently she's going to get a push in NXT. HOW YOU DOIN! #NotSAWFT

3.jpg

Their promos are SO FUCKING GOOD. I think the heat with the Dudleyz is wonderful, but how amazing will the inevitable Enzo/Cass vs New Day feud gonna be? That'll be Rock vs Austin levels of promo awesomeness.

Carmella is OK, but I'm fine with her not getting the call-up. The WWE women's division is stacked right now, and I'm not sure where Carmella would fit. Give her the push, let her work regularly, and call her up when you have a program for her.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Their promos are SO FUCKING GOOD. I think the heat with the Dudleyz is wonderful, but how amazing will the inevitable Enzo/Cass vs New Day feud gonna be? That'll be Rock vs Austin levels of promo awesomeness.

Carmella is OK, but I'm fine with her not getting the call-up. The WWE women's division is stacked right now, and I'm not sure where Carmella would fit. Give her the push, let her work regularly, and call her up when you have a program for her.

Yeah, Enzo is straight fire on the mic! Selfishly, I just like looking at Carmella. *swoon* :P

Edited by The_Original_RK

15 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Enzo's such a natural on the mic
https://streamable.com/ywez

"I could put my mouth on a treadmill, and I got 100 things I could say about the Ascension. But I think the worst thing I can say is... they're the Ascension. How you doin'?"

"I know how I got here - my mom and my dad got it on, how you doin'?"

Fucking love his little jabs. Just the best.

2 hours ago, axlslash said:

"I could put my mouth on a treadmill, and I got 100 things I could say about the Ascension. But I think the worst thing I can say is... they're the Ascension. How you doin'?"

"I know how I got here - my mom and my dad got it on, how you doin'?"

Fucking love his little jabs. Just the best.

ZERO DIMES! Haha.

• Like 1

So the house show I'm going to on Wednesday currently has a card consisting of (among plenty others):-

Undertaker

Kane

Triple H

Big Show

Chris Jericho

AJ Styles

Dean Ambrose

Kevin Owens

Now while I'm aware that is subject to change, most likely with Triple H being the replacement for Undertaker, that's fucking awesome.

22 minutes ago, Conor said:

So the house show I'm going to on Wednesday currently has a card consisting of (among plenty others):-

Undertaker

Kane

Triple H

Big Show

Chris Jericho

AJ Styles

Dean Ambrose

Kevin Owens

Now while I'm aware that is subject to change, most likely with Triple H being the replacement for Undertaker, that's fucking awesome.

That's a pretty awesome list of wrestlers to see. Also Kane and Big Show. But still a damn fine event you're gonna see.

7 minutes ago, axlslash said:

That's a pretty awesome list of wrestlers to see. Also Kane and Big Show. But still a damn fine event you're gonna see.

100% will be excited for Big Show and Kane. Think it's Brothers of Destruction teaming together too.

10 hours ago, axlslash said:

Guys - WWE are referring to Gallows/Anderson as the Bullet Club on their official YouTube channel...

It would not have been cheap to buy that name off NJPW. I still doubt they'll be called that on TV.

The name's loaned out for use in ROH, Chikara, CMLL and even GFW. Basically the faction is used in every promotion except TNA and Lucha Underground. 

Edited by AtariLegend