Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

9 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

Konnor and Adam Rose suspended. 

Adam Rose was destined for release after they dropped his gimmick.

Did The Ascension ever win a match past their first month on the main roster?

-edit-

Duff re-tweeted this.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Bono said:

the Bellas and Paige are so hot.... well shit they are all hot haha

Bella's are overrated. Paige is hot in a British slag kind of way. She'll do all the perverted shit you want and more, but the next day your dick will fall off. 

• Like 1

Just watching some old wrestling compilations on Youtube... MAN I miss Jim Ross! :( All that terrible horseshit commentary these days... JR can make mediocre amazing and he can make amazing absolutely unforgettable. 
Was Vince less involved in commentary those days? Or does he do it despite the occasional horrible Vince-fed line? 

• Like 2

I'm liking the AJ / Bullet Club / Reigns thing! I'm loving it. They're building it well. 
The only sad part about it is that Vince won't take the title off Roman anyway. 

So.... Am I the only one thinking they're going to do an AJ/Balor feud involving Bullet Club after Payback. I would absolutely love that. 

I don't like the idea of a Balor/A.J. feud right away. It'd essentially mean Styles would be losing non-stop on PPV until SummerSlam. There's more of a chance of A.J. beating Reigns cleanly at Payback than there is with him beating Balor who's probably going to get a bigger push than Sheamus ever did heel/face (except alot of fans actually like Balor).

...And I don't think there's any chance of A.J. beating Reigns clean :P.

3 hour + Raws and Reigns as Champion longer than a month is a scary thought :thumbsdown:.

Edited by AtariLegend

Am I the only one who really wants Jericho to make one more run at the title? He's such a  great heel and this is likely his last real run in WWE and they're making him a big time player. Beat AJ clean at Mania, Beat Sami clean last night. I'd love heel Jericho to go over Ambrose and then weasle his way into the title picture and stick with the whole "I'll bury you" theme going on.  It would be so awesome. One last hurrah. Everyone else is young enough they can afford to lose to the G.O.A.T right? Right?  haha

On 4/18/2016 at 9:55 PM, username said:

Just watching some old wrestling compilations on Youtube... MAN I miss Jim Ross! :( All that terrible horseshit commentary these days... JR can make mediocre amazing and he can make amazing absolutely unforgettable. 
Was Vince less involved in commentary those days? Or does he do it despite the occasional horrible Vince-fed line? 

Mauro is fantastic, shame he's stuck on Smackdown mind. Michael Cole isn't even that bad when he can actually just commentate, it's the Vince-fed lines that kills it. And JBL.

WWE in Newcastle tonight! :)

Edited by Conor

On 4/19/2016 at 5:54 AM, username said:

I'm liking the AJ / Bullet Club / Reigns thing! I'm loving it. They're building it well. 
The only sad part about it is that Vince won't take the title off Roman anyway. 

So.... Am I the only one thinking they're going to do an AJ/Balor feud involving Bullet Club after Payback. I would absolutely love that. 

There is so much potential here, but I'm sure creative will fuck it up as usual. I'd love to see AJ be revealed as the architect behind BC jumping Reigns. Continue having BC interfere and continue to have AJ deny involvement.... until Payback where you have BC help AJ win and all 3 beat down Reigns. AJ leading BC again would be a great "cool-heel" turn. It won't happen of course, Vince has too much of a hard-on for Reigns.

What Reigns really needs is a significant heel run to get some proper heat on him. Right now it's just nuclear heat and not in a good way.

9 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Which is too bad because Reigns need a hot mega heel to shine him up.

Is there a heel alive that can shine Roman up right now? I don't think so. BTW, why the hell doesn't someone get to Reigns and tell him to take off the stupid padded vest?? From a storyline-psychology standpoint, it makes Reigns seem like a cheater. So every heel he faces takes bumps without a vest, but your top babyface has a padded vest that protects him?! It's like fucking bizarro world!

5 minutes ago, The_Original_RK said:

Is there a heel alive that can shine Roman up right now? I don't think so. BTW, why the hell doesn't someone get to Reigns and tell him to take off the stupid padded vest?? From a storyline-psychology standpoint, it makes Reigns seem like a cheater. So every heel he faces takes bumps without a vest, but your top babyface has a padded vest that protects him?! It's like fucking bizarro world!

I remember hearing Brock was pissed at Mania last year when he got all cut up in the face on the vest when he gave him the first suplex.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Of all the wwe losses in the last year or so, this feels the saddest. She was so damn young, and the last 10 years of her life truly seemed to have been hell. Check out her Opie and Jimmy interview where Pac calls in - it's enlightening and horribly depressing.

This Is rough. RIP Chyna. 

Chyna deserves to be in the Hall of Fame twice. Once as a singles competitor and once with DX. Probably will never happen though. 

What do you guys think the reaction would be if when Cena comes back he feuds with Reigns? Think Cena would get the cheers and Roman still get massive boos? 

• Like 1

I guess maybe there is a chance because isn't Triple H quoted at some point saying he feels she deserves to be in the HOF? If that's true then she will get in some day eventually.  Once Vince is gone. 

19 minutes ago, bran said:

such a shame, and you could see it coming a mile away, she never got over the triple h stuff and it drove her down a really dark path. i remember her being such a bad ass as a kid. RIP :( 

McMahon doesn't care; he has his pound of flesh from her along with every other wrestler. No other industry that I can think of has so many people die at such a young age from either heart issues or drug issues; it's a disgrace that the industry brushes under the carpet and people like McMahon are just vampires who suck everything out of the performers and then leaves their broken husks on the sidewalk when the next stars come along.

• Like 2