Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

21 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Fuck, I hope Enzo is okay

Reportedly talking and moving in the ambulance. But oh fuck. You never want the ref throwing up that X after a head injury. Just horrifying. "Wrestling is fake" my ass.

14 minutes ago, luciusfunk said:

Fucking predictable WWE. Reigns gets hit with like four finishers and kicks out. Styles gets speared once and it's over. 

Even with Anderson and Gallows interfying. Reigns bascially won a handicap match against the new killer tag team.

My favorite moment was when Cole said Reigns was the leader of a new era at the end of the show.

Edited by AtariLegend

I haven't watched wrestling since maybe 1994, but I watched the 1992 Royal Rumble last night and sat at the computer for 60 minutes with a huge smile on my face listening to Gorilla Monsoon, Roddy Piper and the Brain.

Cons: 

- No Reigns heel turn

- No Balor

- No AJ as champ

- No Bullet Club reforming

- Not answering ANY of the bullet club questions that made the match intreguing in the first place. 

- Enzo getting hurt (not WWE's fault though) 

- No real explenation (still) about the Taker thing 

- Making the main event about the McMahon's 

- The lines the announcers get fed, especially 

Pros:

- Owens vs. Zayn 

- Ambrose gets a win

- Main event actually had some good wrestling, despite the outcome and the McMahon's 

- AJ stays in the title picture 

Edited by username

4 hours ago, username said:

Yup. What he said to the other announcers was basically what most fans actually think. I like that. 

The Good Brothers were on TIJ last week and they talked about how normally a heel puts people down without pointing out their real-world weaknesses, and that only the Rock could really get away with non-kayfabe attacks. KO does well with them, too. He was outstanding, and that Zayn matchup was magical. Zayn is now the favorite for Match of the Year in both WWE and NXT. Well played, Sami.

As of early this morning, Zo is out of the hospital, but has to pass concussion protocol before he can compete again. Big sigh of relief there. The E has to consider banning the baseball slide now, no? Neville and Enzo are just the most recent, that slide can do serious shit so quickly. 

6 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I read Jericho is back on a break again. Well at least he got to beat A.J. clean twice, before A.J. got fed to Roman.

When you put it that way, AJ sure is looking great so far in WWE. 

I watched little bits of the Edge/Christian show. It was pretty bad at times, but their were some hilarious moments.

The "Will WWE Talk About It" segments where they along with buried TNA with A.J. was pretty amusing.

Edge pretending to be a stoned Jeff Hardy was pretty good too.

On the last show it was about Kurt Angle getting inducted into the hall of fame, the punchline being WWE of course would welcome Kurt Angle... into the Observer Hall of Fame. Also said yes they'll talk about Punk's UFC debut... if he ever has one.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1