Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

WWE announced Reigns defending the WWE championship against AJ Styles and Kevin Owens in a triple threat, Tag Champions New Day vs Uso's, Vaundevillains and Bullet Club in a 4-way and woman's champ Charlotte vs Natalya all for Tokyo July 1st.

Then they announced Reigns defending the WWE championship against AJ Styles and Jericho in a triple threat, Tag Champions New Day vs Vaundevillains and woman's champ Charlotte vs Becky for July 2nd in Tokyo.

Why on earth do they keep doing this? It makes the Extreme Rules and Money In The Bank PPV's completely pointless. 

Edited by username
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bran said:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/uncategorized/708825-cm-punk-not-progressing-well-as-a-fighter-concerns-about-how-he-has-fared-in-sparring

report cm punk not progressing as a fighter, rumored to be doing really bad in sparring.

He was supposed to have lost 14/15 practice fights in training until the injury happened (number is a little bit off, but you get the gist).

He's just too old to start a MMA career, I guess he wants to do it for pride even though it's a lost cause.

I don't get the online hate he's been getting though, I mean practically everything he said in the Colt Cabana podcast has been proven right since or backed-up by other people.

6 hours ago, username said:

WWE announced Reigns defending the WWE championship against AJ Styles and Kevin Owens in a triple threat, Tag Champions New Day vs Uso's, Vaundevillains and Bullet Club in a 4-way and woman's champ Charlotte vs Natalya all for Tokyo July 1st.

Then they announced Reigns defending the WWE championship against AJ Styles and Jericho in a triple threat, Tag Champions New Day vs Vaundevillains and woman's champ Charlotte vs Becky for July 2nd in Tokyo.

Why on earth do they keep doing this? It makes the Extreme Rules and Money In The Bank PPV's completely pointless. 

Hence *subject to change*. The card does change... sometimes. 90% of the time though they give away the results and 75% of the time they give away the future feud for whomever.... I don't it's the case though this time.

Their is a reasonable chance Prince Devitt will be added to the card too, I'd assume for the Tokyo shows. Nakamura/Wyatt would be cool, since Wyatt is supposedly a big fan of his. I'm surprised Titus O' Neil is on the card, did he get a reaction when he made his return from suspension?

Oh and I'm loving reading every week about the "Make Roman Look Strong Club" and how people think a 1 sided feud where 1 guy beats up 3 people (who've lost more matches than they've won) every week is supposed to help the 3 people.

Edited by AtariLegend

22 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

If they wanted to bring back Wargames later in the summer, they could have done Balor Club vs. Reigns, Cena, Orton and Rollins (or Triple H).

Alas what would be the point when Reigns has already proven he can win 1-3.

Or Balor Club vs Shield and a fourth person or something... 

Does anyone see any title actually changing hands this weekend? All of the current champs ended up laid out on their backs by the end of RAW, which would typically seem to indicate a whole bunch of titles staying put. Though other than Reignswinslol, I'm not sure there's anyone who I would really want to drop their belt. Gotta keep the strap on Charlotte for the eventual Charlotte/Boss feud (or put the strap on Natty and turn Banks heel?), Zayn/Owens will elevate their feud just fine without a belt and Cesaro/Miz will make a nice rivalry going forward, Vaudvillains just feel too green to already get the belts (plus I want a full blown New Day/Realest Guys feud for the straps, bada boom realest promos in the room). The one thing I'd like would be for Rusev to get the US strap and feud with Cena again when he gets back. Ease Cena back in with a familiar foe, remind people why Rusev was so over before being forced into the League of Booty, and just squeeze a one or two month program out of them with a finale at SummerSlam.

7 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Anderson/Gallows have lost their last 4 matches in a row... despite only showing up a month or so ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl9_gF6Cpow

Hilarious when they mention Kofi Kingston.

Yeah, incredibly poor booking. I wouldn't even have put them in matches for the first month or so if I were WWE. Just have them run interference for a while and have them debut in an actual match on a big PPV (and win). Pretty much like the Outsiders in WCW. At least make them seem like a force to be reckoned with, instead of a bunch of jobbers. All to make Reigns and the Uso's look strong. 

9 hours ago, axlslash said:

Does anyone see any title actually changing hands this weekend? All of the current champs ended up laid out on their backs by the end of RAW, which would typically seem to indicate a whole bunch of titles staying put. Though other than Reignswinslol, I'm not sure there's anyone who I would really want to drop their belt. Gotta keep the strap on Charlotte for the eventual Charlotte/Boss feud (or put the strap on Natty and turn Banks heel?), Zayn/Owens will elevate their feud just fine without a belt and Cesaro/Miz will make a nice rivalry going forward, Vaudvillains just feel too green to already get the belts (plus I want a full blown New Day/Realest Guys feud for the straps, bada boom realest promos in the room). The one thing I'd like would be for Rusev to get the US strap and feud with Cena again when he gets back. Ease Cena back in with a familiar foe, remind people why Rusev was so over before being forced into the League of Booty, and just squeeze a one or two month program out of them with a finale at SummerSlam.

Same here. I'd like to see Cesaro eventually win the belt off Miz though. If this is their last match, WWE should go with that. I also wish Becky was in the title picture. 

1 hour ago, username said:

Yeah, incredibly poor booking. I wouldn't even have put them in matches for the first month or so if I were WWE. Just have them run interference for a while and have them debut in an actual match on a big PPV (and win). Pretty much like the Outsiders in WCW. At least make them seem like a force to be reckoned with, instead of a bunch of jobbers. All to make Reigns and the Uso's look strong. 

Same here. I'd like to see Cesaro eventually win the belt off Miz though. If this is their last match, WWE should go with that. I also wish Becky was in the title picture. 

I think she would have been. They had her set up to tag against E&D, and I think there's a strong chance her surprise partner would have been Sasha. Let Sasha feud with Charlotte with Becky in her corner, then Sasha turn heel with the belt and feud with Lynch. At least that's how I would have booked it. And I think there's no question that, when the dust settles on the Intercontinental belt picture, it's on Cesaro, most likely after a Summerslam singles match. 

I was listening to WOR and heard Meltzer who's generally more reserved, basically say along the lines of "fuck the new day", American Alpha should be the tag champs on the main roster and New Day should be relegated to the comedy segments.

He's right.

Looking at the NXT roster atm for Nakamura opponents. I guess unless Nakamura get' Aries (I'm not even Aries biggest fan) their's not much possibility for any big exciting matches. KENTA's injured and I doubt they'll ever do much with him. Joe's feuding with Finn and at least one of them is going to be on the main roster soon.

Who is left? Nakamura vs. ex-TNA guys or developmental wrestlers isn't too exciting.

Edited by AtariLegend

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

I was listening to WOR and heard Meltzer who's generally more reserved, basically say along the lines of "fuck the new day", American Alpha should be the tag champs on the main roster and New Day should be relegated to the comedy segments.

He's right.

Looking at the NXT roster atm for Nakamura opponents. I guess unless Nakamura get' Aries (I'm not even Aries biggest fan) their's not much possibility for any big exciting matches. KENTA's injured and I doubt they'll ever do much with him. Joe's feuding with Finn and at least one of them is going to be on the main roster soon.

Who is left? Nakamura vs. ex-TNA guys or developmental wrestlers isn't too exciting.

I'd be interested in Nakamura vs Roode, if he signs. 

I think Roode was supposed to have got a part time-wrestler/trainer role or was offered one. I'd guess there's a reasonable chance he shows up at the next set of tapings.

Anyway I don't want to sound like a dick, but I wouldn't really be interested in Nakamura vs. Roode at a Takeover unless their really wasn't anyone else. Nakamura isn't an indie wrestler, he was one of NJPW top stars with Okada and Tanahashi, one of the best wrestlers on the planet over the past several years if not decade and one of the most over people in the company. Roode is just a TNA guy that some people recognize that could wrestle and got pushed.

It'd be a waist. Then again Nakamura making Reigns look strong or getting buried on the main roster :tongue2:.

Edited by AtariLegend

5 hours ago, username said:

I was listening to WOR and heard Meltzer who's generally more reserved, basically say along the lines of "fuck the new day"

Meltzer's definitely a rasslin' guy, not a sports entertainment guy. The reality is if they give the belts to anyone else it will either be to feud with New Day or heading down to the pre-show at PPVs while New Day have the marquee tag match.