Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

9 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

It'd be a waist. Then again Nakamura making Reigns look strong or getting buried on the main roster :tongue2:.

That's the thing though, therre's not really any alternative. On the main roster I imagine he'd just get buried. To be honest I'm shocked they even put AJ in the title picture like this. Even if he'll just be jobbing to Reigns. Hope they won't be demoting him to midcard after that. I'd love something like AJ vs Rollins. 

Oh proof that Prowrestling > MMA.

That was Liger's only fight for reference and that was in 2002 not 2013.

Here's both opposite each other in a 6 man tag in 2014.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1lt1so_yuji-nagata-jushin-thunder-liger-tiger-mask-vs-minoru-suzuki-taka-michinoku-taichi-njpw_sport

Edited by AtariLegend

Man... Tonight COULD be really awesome. Imagine AJ winning and then being challenged by Rollins or Balor. Both feuds would be ace. 

Im done with Reigns and the Usos. Time for a good top feud. 

Hoping Cesaro wins the IC title, Rusev wins the US title and KO and Zayn will feud into eternity without even needing a belt. Rusev could feud with Cena. 

Hope Ambrose wins and starts being meaningful too. And PLEASE give Anderson and Gallows a win. They should be a fucking force. 

Then there's the woman's title pic. Where the hell is Sasha. Please have her challenge Charlotte. 

But it sadly none of that will happen because WWE. 

Man... That crowd HATED Reigns. Great match, Reigns-AJ. Just the wrong outcome. Seriously Vince, listen to your audience. 

Rollins return is great, but now it'll be Rollins-Reigns for the title. Should be nice because Rollins, but the world is still sick of Reigns. 

Hope that doesn't mean AJ gets demoted to midcard. I still want an AJ-Balor feud. But I wouldn't be surprised if they do a Club vs Wyatt Family feud first. 

Wrestling-wise that was a pretty good PPV. Lot's of good things too. Amazing IC title match. The Club finally gets a win. We'll get more Cesaro-Miz and Zayn-KO, which should be great. Ambrose wins. Hope Ambrose-Jericho is done now, but I have no clue where they'll be going with Ambrose after this. Rusev as a US champ is good too. Hoping he'll feud with Cena and NOT get buried. The main event outcome was a huge downer on a good PPV and a great match though. They could've shot AJ into mega-stardom with this. Fuck Reigns. 

Edited by username

Adam Rose is officially unemployed. 

I thought that was a solid PPV. Every match went more or less as I'd have expected. Nice to see the Good Brothers get a win and look strong in the end to rehab their image after the shite booking they've gotten. The IC title match topped KO-SZ for match of the year in my mind, and Ambrose-Jericho was perfect (those tacks...ouch). I'd have preferred to see AJ with the belt, but nfw Vince is giving TNA's golden boy a strap on his first feud for it. Just not happening. Sorry. And that match was way better than Payback. Both kicked out of each other's finishers, both come out looking good. I'm for it.

Only finish I couldn't get behind was Charlotte/Natty. That was awful. I know Emma getting hurt threw it off, but Dana's booking is nonsense. I was hoping it would be Lil' Naitch when the music hit.

People excited about Seth's return, seem to forget how crap the show was even when he was on it.

I believe he lost 16/17 at one point and he is just going to fed here to Reigns. Even Cena will probably get fed to Reigns and possibly Lesnar too.

This "new era era with Roman Reigns as it's leader" according to Cole, is going to be a long painful title reign. If he loses the title late in the year, he'll probably win the Rumble again too.

I see no way forward, I also feel bad for the fans who started watching in the last decade... who never watched the show when the guy pushed as the face of the company didn't just get 50/50 reactions at best. 

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

I really hate WWE booking. Having AJ go out and cut a promo on how good Reigns is on RAW is pathetic. Styles carried Reigns in both their matches and everybody hates Reigns. Then having him dump The Club AND lose to KO is just a terrible way to treat Styles. I'm assuming we'll get that Balor-AJ feud soon now, since AJ isn't in MITB. That's good I guess. 

Why is it good? A.J. will lose too, their's no way A.J. is winning Finn's first feud on the main roster. The guy is 1-4 on PPV, loses every other match... has everyone kick out of his finisher. Lost clean twice to Jericho before the Roman feud.

Now the casual audience isn't too fussed, because they see him as a heel who loses a lot.

As for endorsing Reigns, they even managed to get Bryan booed last year after their match. Bryan cut a promo about how Reigns is the better man and deserves it. He might as well have let Reigns have a go at his wife. That was Bryan's last 1 on 1 PPV match.

Edited by AtariLegend

I'm torn, and I do understand WWE's position to an extent. AJ is a legend, a sure-fire hall of famer, crazy over, and in his late 30s. Usually at that point, you book the guy to put over your up and comers. AJ is a weird case in that he is so over and such a legend but not for serving in WWE. I don't see any harm in letting him try to put Roman over, then have an epic feud with Balor when he comes up. That feud will put both guys over, and you can get the big strap on AJ once Vinnie's infatuation with Reigns has run its course. 

1 hour ago, Gunner55 said:

Last money in the bank spotspot up grabs this coming Monday. 

John Cena returns Monday night. 

You know what comes next. 

I would agree with you, but the Cena/Ruru match for the US belt is too perfectly set up. Cena will restore the US title to what it was before Kalisto took a big ol' mask-wearing deuce on it, while Cena doesn't quite fit with the other guys in MITB.

That being said, what I've explained makes any damn sense, so it won't happen, and @The Real McCoy is probably right.

BUT WAIT! What happens when Cenawinslol faces Reignswinslol?!?! THEY CAN'T BOTH BE THE CHAMP! Guess the heavyweight title is coming back with a brand split at summer slam :P