Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Did cena have a concussion? That whole match just looked sloppy. I mean, cena is tool, but he usually delivers a better show than that. He looked like he could barely stand the whole match. Then he got that calf clapper slapped on him n he barely moved. It just looked like aj had to try to find ways to carry him through it.

Edited by zeppelinrocksnexttognr

Can't believe ambrose actually got it. I was at a wedding and decided to instagram results and was stoked to see everyone posting that Rollins won. Didn't expect that at all so I was pleasantly surprised. Was even more surprised when I went back on afterwards after being back at the hotel to see Ambrose. 

Sounds like the AJ Cena match was good. Will reserve judgement until I can watch in a few days. 

So they just went with the easiest, most predictable storyline possible to get dean the belt. I get it but in some small way I can't help but roll my eyes and yawn.  Ambrose as champion is actually horrible I think. 

They didn't need Ambrose to win Money in the bank to set up this Shield Triple Threat feud. Zayn, Del Rio, Cesaro were never gonna win it, Owens doesn't need it right now. Jericho should've won it.  Have him hold on to it till Royal Rumble(I know it's a long ways away) have Owens win the Royal Rumble, have Jericho cash in at Royal Rumble and then Jericho vs Owens build an epic feud to Wrestlemania. Jericho gets to headline as Champion one last time(he deserves it) and Owens goes over int he biggest way possible.  Jericho could then retire in classic fashion. BUT that would take some well thought out story telling that takes time, something they have no interest in doing anymore. 

Edited by Bono

2 hours ago, username said:

I haven't said this about a WWE PPV in a long time, but MITB sounds like something I really need to see. 

I'd only watch the second half. Everything before Cena vs Styles is worthless.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

The tag title match was worth watching. 

That ending was hardly predictable! It's WWE. The predictable ending is Roman winning clean and beating whoever cashes in against him. 

It was 100% predictable. It was the easiest route to go. They baically spelled it out on RAW the week before. Anyone paying attention saw it coming a mile away. Sure Roman losing clean was a bit surprising but Seth winning wasn't and Dean cashing in most certainly wasn't. 100% predictable for anyone who pays attention. Sorry but that's the truth

On June 20, 2016 at 11:52 AM, luciusfunk said:

The tag title match was worth watching. 

That ending was hardly predictable! It's WWE. The predictable ending is Roman winning clean and beating whoever cashes in against him. 

Agreed. Some just like to bitch for the sake of bitching. Every single result there is somebody claiming they knew what was going to happen and the truth is, they didn't. 

12 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

Holy shit! Reigns is suspended!!

image.jpeg

As much as I hate hopw WWE has been trying to force-feed Roman to the fans for the past 2 years or so, I was REALLY looking forward to The Shield tripple threat... :( So that's a huge shame! It's more than 30 days away, but I can't see them going through with it now. 

Plus, they were making Roman more heel'ish. I felt that role had a lot more potential for him than just presenting him as Cena 2.0. 

Edited by username

WhatCulture is saying they (WWE) knew about the violation before MITB. So that's also before they announced Shield triple threat. So.... I wonder what they'll do with the whole Battleground match now.... 

Edited by username

Glenn Jacobs to portray Fake Roman Reigns

Of all the characters Glenn Jacobs has portrayed during his long WWE tenure — Kane, Isaac Yankem DDS, Fake Diesel, El Torito — none will be as divisive among fans as his new role, Fake Roman Reigns.

Jacobs reportedly signed a 30-day contract with the company this morning to portray Fake Reigns, filling the spot vacated by the real Reigns, who was suspended for unexpectedly grabbing Titus O’Neil.

It is believed that Jacobs, in the Reigns role, will pick up exactly where his predecessor left off, feuding with his former Shield brethren and being unanimously disliked by jaded adult males.

Jacobs is expected to appear next week on Monday on Raw, using a slightly modified version of Reigns’ catch-phrase: “I’m not a good guy, I’m not a bad guy. I’m not even this guy. But I am a guy.”

• Like 3

The more I think about the "extension" draft, the more annoying it is. I can make time every week for RAW and Lucha, but Smackdown has always been an if-I-have-time show for me. If they put people I want to see on both shows, I have to find the time for both more regularly. And it's gonna be two mediocre shows that I grudgingly watch. Blargh. 

At least Ambrose is the champ.

It's been a long couple weeks, so I'm just catching up on last week's WWE stuff. Gotta love Del Rio's wardrobe choices. After wearing his League of Nations shirt a few times of late, it made me giggle to see him bust out the El Patron trunks on SD. To be fair, he was also regularly wearing his ADR trunks while he was with AAA/Lucha, so it's not a surprise. Just funny little details. 

On June 30, 2016 at 9:33 AM, axlslash said:

The more I think about the "extension" draft, the more annoying it is. I can make time every week for RAW and Lucha, but Smackdown has always been an if-I-have-time show for me. If they put people I want to see on both shows, I have to find the time for both more regularly. And it's gonna be two mediocre shows that I grudgingly watch. Blargh. 

At least Ambrose is the champ.

Does the fact that it's moving to Tuesdays help any?

1 hour ago, luciusfunk said:

Does the fact that it's moving to Tuesdays help any?

Nope, I don't usually watch them live anyway. That does make it easier, though. 

Pretty huge spoiler coming out of LU this week...

Trevor Mann (Prince Puma / Ricochet) finished his contract with Lucha Underground at their Season 3 taping this week, losing a retirement match at Ultima Tres. Reports are that he will work his NJPW commitments through the end of the year, then sign with WWE. LU's standard is a no-compete for 6mo after your last episode airs, but because Mann would join WWE as an unmasked wrestler, there's speculation that it won't apply and he could start with NXT in early 2017.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/ricochet-reportedly-turns-down-lucha-underground-deal-for-wwe/ 

Edited by axlslash