Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Lesnar has to be at Summerslam. If RKO is healthy, he has to be there too. Neither has a feud to come back to right now, so as much as I'd rather see other match ups, they haven't worked together in damn near 15 years, and it'll get eyeballs on the PPV. 

With the timing of Orton's return, I feel like it's safe to assume that we'll see him return on the 19th, right? Probably not in the ring until Summerslam, but making the TV return at least would be a nice headline maker for the draft. 

21 hours ago, moreblack said:

I dunno, but WWE straight up stole it for Wyatts/NewDay this week.

Been hearing a lot about that but haven't seen it yet. 

Watched final deletion again and it didn't age at all yet. Turns out when I saw it live I missed the cut scene just prior at Jeff's house. Good God that was something else to say the least. 

I went to Inside The Ropes Live with Paul Heyman in Glasgow last night.

Brilliant night with loads of stories and back & forth with the crowd.

Spoke very highly of the UK wrestling scene, in particular ICW and Mark Dallas.

Interesting to hear him speaking about Nakamura as someone he'd love to see Brock work with.

He said that as Vince certainly has a history of giving foreign (particularly Oriental) wrestlers a stupid, lazy gimmick, Nakamura is legit but it's up to him to prove to Vince that he is indeed main event material.

So.... 

Raw

Seth Rollins
Charlotte (WWE Women's Champion)
Finn Balor
Roman Reigns
Brock Lesnar
The New Day (WWE Tag Team Champions)
Sami Zayn
Sasha Banks
Chris Jericho
Rusev (United States Champion, with Lana)
Kevin Owens
Enzo and Cass
Gallows and Anderson
The Big Show
Nia Jax
Neville
Cesaro
Sheamus
The Golden Truth
Titus O'Neal
Paige
Darren Young (with Bob Backlund)
Sin Cara
Jack Swagger
The Dudley Boyz
Summer Rae
Mark Henry
Braun Strowman
Bo Dallas
The Shining Stars
Alicia Fox
Dana Brooke
Curtis Axel

Smackdown

Dean Ambrose (WWE Champion)
AJ Styles
John Cena
Randy Orton
Bray Wyatt
Becky Lynch
The Miz (WWE Intercontinental Champion, with Maryse)
Baron Corbin
American Alpha
Dolph Ziggler
Natalya
Alberto Del Rio
The Usos
Kane
Kalisto
Naomi
The Ascension
Zack Ryder
Apollo Crews
Alexa Bliss
Breezango
Eva Marie
The Vaudevillains
Erick Rowan
Mojo Rawley
Carmella

I'm sticking by my opinion that this brand split is a flaming turd of an idea and that it will only make shitty things even shittier. 

Some notable absent people too. Undertaker, Harper, I kind of expected Bayley to be in there, Heyman (though he's probably just a package-deal with Brock), Trips wasn't included (so what's his role now?), a few women like Emma or Tamina (or maybe even Nikki), no real outside-WWE surprises... Maybe Nakamura or Joe? Or would that leave NXT without any starpower? They even split up The Wyatts and The Club. Two stables I thought had a lot more potential in them. 

On the bright side this might set up Balor Club and then lead to AJ-Balor down the road. Which is a feud I'd love to see. 

Edited by username

Brand split is stupid. I haven't been watching as much last few weeks/months and I didn't gain any motivation after the split. At least NXT isn't totally raided like rumoured to have happened, but sucks that we'll have to sit through whatever other shite they shove at us to see Balor and Alpha. Gunna miss those guys on Wednesdays. 

Stilldon't get the appeal of having 2 world titles. Hopefully it gets a couple reigns to guys like Sami and Owens and Styles. But along with that will come pointless degrading reigns like Swagger back in the day. 

Heyman wasn't drafted with Brock because he's still negotiating his contract. 

Lesnar also failed an in comepetition test. 

WWE's not suspending him. 

We still don't know we're getting two world titles. Probably will, but they haven't announced it yet. Two world titles was ok until the last few years when the WHC match would open a PPV. There were years when that title was the main event instead of the WWE title. 

10 hours ago, username said:

I just ordered a pizza. I'm looking forward to it more than I am looking forward to battleground. Which is weird, because the card is pretty good. But the whole draft thing kinda still has me bummed out. 

I stand corrected. That was pretty great!