Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

I wish, like some people have said; that there would be one title to spilt between both brands. And to be a contender for it, you would have to have a tournament style battles within your brand to build up to having a title match against the winner of the other brand. Maybe do the same with the tag titles. N the management could add stipulations or special rules. Like Hell in a Cell, or a TLC match. 

That, or have someone new come in and start tearing apart the one brand, but also want the title from the other to hold both. N have everyone try and take him out. 

14 hours ago, zeppelinrocksnexttognr said:

I wish, like some people have said; that there would be one title to spilt between both brands. And to be a contender for it, you would have to have a tournament style battles within your brand to build up to having a title match against the winner of the other brand. Maybe do the same with the tag titles. N the management could add stipulations or special rules. Like Hell in a Cell, or a TLC match. 

That, or have someone new come in and start tearing apart the one brand, but also want the title from the other to hold both. N have everyone try and take him out. 

I agree. In fact, I'd do this with the top title, the women's title, the cruiserweight title AND the tag titles. It'd bring an extra dimension to the big PPV's and increase competition between the brands. The IC and US title can be top titles within the brand and have some meaning. 

Or maybe give RAW the women and Smackdown the cruiserweights. But definitely not two of everything. Rumor has it they're bringing the old Woman's title back to SD. Terrible idea. 

6 hours ago, axlslash said:

Sandow ("Aron Rex" now) did a hell of a job last night. I really enjoyed his take on Christian's 2005 promo at Genesis :P 

It was pretty cool, although it's hard to not balk a little bit at the thought of TNA being the place where talent is not held back, just look at Styles and Joe

15 hours ago, bran said:

sandow and barrett wasted potential.

I'd love to see Barrett show up on iMPACT if he's going to come back to wrestling. I could see him vs EC3 being great, and him and Miracle could make a really interesting heel team IMO. He's too talented not to be a top guy someplace, hoping he's back soon.

• Like 1

WWE is really pushing that Rollins will "call out the demon king" on Raw tonight. They can't really be stupid enough to blow the Demon's main roster debut on free TV, can they? This has to be misdirection, right?! It'll be so anticlimactic to see Finn do the demon entrance at SummerSlam if he's already done it on Raw earlier in the week.... I really hope they're fucking with us. 

3 hours ago, axlslash said:

WWE is really pushing that Rollins will "call out the demon king" on Raw tonight. They can't really be stupid enough to blow the Demon's main roster debut on free TV, can they? This has to be misdirection, right?! It'll be so anticlimactic to see Finn do the demon entrance at SummerSlam if he's already done it on Raw earlier in the week.... I really hope they're fucking with us. 

They fucking better not. It may not be anything new to all of us who have followed NXT but it's going to be a much bigger reveal on a much bigger stage come SummerSlam. They can't blow it on a Raw. 

I'd think maybe Rollins having a double. Someone playing the roll. Him making light of the demon or something. Like, fake demon. It's stupid, but the smartest stupid decision I think they could make. 

25 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

They fucking better not. It may not be anything new to all of us who have followed NXT but it's going to be a much bigger reveal on a much bigger stage come SummerSlam. They can't blow it on a Raw. 

I'd think maybe Rollins having a double. Someone playing the roll. Him making light of the demon or something. Like, fake demon. It's stupid, but the smartest stupid decision I think they could make. 

I'm more hoping for Rollins calls out the Demon, long pause, Finn's music hits, human Finn comes out and tells Rollins that he'll have to wait until Sunday to meet the Demon King. Either way, they just can't blow this load too early. I'm not even sold on using the Demon at SummerSlam, I'd have waited for Mania, or at last the Rumble. But regardless of when, it *has* to be a PPV debut. And creative had actually been doing a good job up until now with the split, so hoping that continues. 

I'm more hoping for Rollins calls out the Demon, long pause, Finn's music hits, human Finn comes out and tells Rollins that he'll have to wait until Sunday to meet the Demon King. Either way, they just can't blow this load too early. I'm not even sold on using the Demon at SummerSlam, I'd have waited for Mania, or at last the Rumble. But regardless of when, it *has* to be a PPV debut. And creative had actually been doing a good job up until now with the split, so hoping that continues. 

Not watching tonight but saw pictures on instagram. Bunch of fucking idiots working creative. Jesus christ. 

22 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

Not watching tonight but saw pictures on instagram. Bunch of fucking idiots working creative. Jesus christ. 

Ugh seriously?! God fucking dammit. I hope they pull a "you know what, I don't even need the demon, I'll take you on myself" angle so that the Balor Club can form with him in plain face now. No point in the makeup now that it's fucking spoiled. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, axlslash said:

Ugh seriously?! God fucking dammit. I hope they pull a "you know what, I don't even need the demon, I'll take you on myself" angle so that the Balor Club can form with him in plain face now. No point in the makeup now that it's fucking spoiled. 

Newer paint looked cool at least. 

8 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

Newer paint looked cool at least. 

I just finished watching the show. They should have saved that Balor reveal for the PPV, no question, but the segment was absolutely perfect for what it was. They built it nicely, the fan interruption was outstanding (fan runs into the ring, as security ground him and take him out Rollins scoffs "what, is this the demon king?!"). Plus we've buried the doubt as to whether the full entrance works in a big building. This wasn't Chicago or DC or some other city of fat marks. The pop in a midsize city in TX for the Demon was unreal. So at least we know he's over. My only concern coming out of this segment is that, with 50-50 booking, does this mean that Balor is jobbing to Rollins at Summerslam? They have the Demon built as this superhuman unstoppable force (which carries over back to NXT, the house show where Joe took the belt had Finn Balor as champ, not the Demon King). It's totally ruined and stupid if Rollins wins.

Speaking of 50-50 booking, I've never been happier for Reignswinslol. The match was atrocious - boring, flat, lacking in any sort of story, just Rusev going after Reigns arm. Reigns kicks out of three our four diving headbutts, breaks the Accolade twice, hits one spear, wins. I'm glad, though. Reigns winning the non-title match means Ruru retains on Sunday, and God forbid Roman holds another belt.

And what the fuck is up with the way they're booking that belt? The Universal title build is solidly in the middle of the show, and the second Roman gets in the US strap picture it's in the main event two weeks in a row? Fuck that noise. 

53 minutes ago, axlslash said:

I just finished watching the show. They should have saved that Balor reveal for the PPV, no question, but the segment was absolutely perfect for what it was. They built it nicely, the fan interruption was outstanding (fan runs into the ring, as security ground him and take him out Rollins scoffs "what, is this the demon king?!"). Plus we've buried the doubt as to whether the full entrance works in a big building. This wasn't Chicago or DC or some other city of fat marks. The pop in a midsize city in TX for the Demon was unreal. So at least we know he's over. My only concern coming out of this segment is that, with 50-50 booking, does this mean that Balor is jobbing to Rollins at Summerslam? They have the Demon built as this superhuman unstoppable force (which carries over back to NXT, the house show where Joe took the belt had Finn Balor as champ, not the Demon King). It's totally ruined and stupid if Rollins wins.

Speaking of 50-50 booking, I've never been happier for Reignswinslol. The match was atrocious - boring, flat, lacking in any sort of story, just Rusev going after Reigns arm. Reigns kicks out of three our four diving headbutts, breaks the Accolade twice, hits one spear, wins. I'm glad, though. Reigns winning the non-title match means Ruru retains on Sunday, and God forbid Roman holds another belt.

And what the fuck is up with the way they're booking that belt? The Universal title build is solidly in the middle of the show, and the second Roman gets in the US strap picture it's in the main event two weeks in a row? Fuck that noise. 

Roman has to main event no matter what. Vince logic. 

I'll have to check out that segment yet today. Saw online someone tried jumping the ring. Wondered if cameras caught it and if Rollins acknowledged it or not. Always seems to be Rollins attracting the crazies at live shows. 

18 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

I'll have to check out that segment yet today. Saw online someone tried jumping the ring. Wondered if cameras caught it and if Rollins acknowledged it or not. Always seems to be Rollins attracting the crazies at live shows. 

Have they put it up on youtube?

24 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

On the TV camera angle, you barely see the guy pass at the bottom of the frame, but the camera holds tight on Seth until they get the guy out. The tweet @moreblack posted gives you the full picture. Seth handles it like the consummate pro that he is. So well handled I almost think it's a work. 

On the TV camera angle, you barely see the guy pass at the bottom of the frame, but the camera holds tight on Seth until they get the guy out. The tweet @moreblack posted gives you the full picture. Seth handles it like the consummate pro that he is. So well handled I almost think it's a work. 

Fuck Michael Cole. You can clearly see the fan jump in Seth's face before camera pans out. Then you have that idiot, "Rollins is in a trance." We all saw the guy in there Cole. Shut the hell up. 

52 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

Fuck Michael Cole. You can clearly see the fan jump in Seth's face before camera pans out. Then you have that idiot, "Rollins is in a trance." We all saw the guy in there Cole. Shut the hell up. 

The show would be better if Cole and Saxton just weren't there, Graves did all the work, but people occasionally said disparaging things about Saxton anyway (since he's virtually silent he doesn't need to even really be there, just periodically talk about how shitty he is.)

• Like 1

On 8/16/2016 at 7:19 PM, Gunner55 said:

Talk about fucking idiots. They blow the Demon King load on RAW. They announce the fucking stupid best of 7 between Cesaro and Sheamus even though Cesaro is already up 2-0, they did something else really fucking dumb on RAW too but I can't remember.  Rollins once again was the highlight of the show...... well Heath Slaer interupting Brock was pretty good too haha. The Demon King was so lack luster and so stupid to unveil him on RAW. OH YEAH! Fucking morons have Reigns go over clean on Rusev 7 days before their match at SummerSlam. It's like WWE creative just don't give a flying fuck about anything. Absolute idiots. 

I didn't watch Smackdown tonight but did catch the Ziggler/Ambrose promo. PLease baby Jesus let Ziggler win this match and win the title and then please baby Jesus let AJ beat Cena and then please baby Jesus let Ziggler feud with AJ.