Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

6viaolaw6ngx.jpg

"Bayley, if it's okay with you I'd like to pick you up at your house and take you out to dinner and let you order as many appetizers as you want and also desert if you're not too full, then i'll drive you home and I'll open the car door for you and give you a hug because I know you love hugs I'll definitely text you tomorrow like I said I would and then we can have consented sex on the next date if you want to, but only if you want to. Love always"

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

Anyone catch last 2 matches? Are they worth checking out tomorrow? I left right as asuka came out for beers and bowling. The dude abides. 

They're worth watching, very strong matches. Nothing could match the tag match, though.

2 hours ago, axlslash said:

They're worth watching, very strong matches. Nothing could match the tag match, though.

That tag match was easily the best on the card. 

Loved Nakamura winning. Crowd was crazy into it. Made it so much better.  Wonder if Joe's injury was legit or not. He looked like he was holding his jaw a lot and that shot looked pretty stuff. Even caught the ref throw up the X. Who knows, could be trying to play the smarter NXT crowd. 

35 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

That tag match was easily the best on the card. 

Loved Nakamura winning. Crowd was crazy into it. Made it so much better.  Wonder if Joe's injury was legit or not. He looked like he was holding his jaw a lot and that shot looked pretty stuff. Even caught the ref throw up the X. Who knows, could be trying to play the smarter NXT crowd. 

Yeah, I'm never sure with the X, especially in a spot like that. And with Graves constantly saying "Joe might have broken his jaw," it feels like it must be a work. You never know, guess we'll have to see if Joe is out for any extended period. 

The women's match was a bit of a letdown. I was hoping for a Sasha/Bailey level of awesomeness. The one plus was that the end totally felt like a send-off to the main roster, so hopefully we see Bailey up there sooner rather than later. 

I don't mind the new belt. It's pretty much along the lines I expected and we knew red was gonna be a predominant colour given it's RAW's belt. People are seriously overracting to it. It's not that bad. It's not great but it's not horrible the way people are acting. 

On 8/8/2016 at 3:08 PM, Bono said:

CpWsJVoXEAAI4Ar.jpg

It's pretty much this (the red one obviously) but the problem is they made the strap red so it's a bit overkill on the red. Oh well whatever. It's a belt. They're almost meaningless in this day and age in pro wrestling

Surprised Rollins/Balor isn't the main event. 

Great match between Styles and Cena. I skipped the first hour on purpose and thought I missed Reigns/Rusev. Didn't realize it was going to be between the universal championship match and Lesnar/Orton.

New Day Match was shit, even though I like them. Kinda hoped Ziggy would win, but didn't expect it. 

What was that awful KFC promo?

Edited by luciusfunk

I didn't get to watch it but I saw the elbow from Brock on Lesnar. Do you guys think that was intentional or a miscue? At first I thought maybe Randy botched it by dropping his arms but after watching it a few times there seems to be some real intent behind it on Lesnar's part. I wonder if he was pissed off about the "No enhancement needed" comment by Randy. Hopefully it's not intentional and hopefully nothing comes of it. Call me crazy but Goldberg's been vocal lately about Brock so I wonder if tomorrow night Goldberg shows up on RAW an calls out Brock???? 

12 minutes ago, Bono said:

I didn't get to watch it but I saw the elbow from Brock on Lesnar. Do you guys think that was intentional or a miscue? At first I thought maybe Randy botched it by dropping his arms but after watching it a few times there seems to be some real intent behind it on Lesnar's part. I wonder if he was pissed off about the "No enhancement needed" comment by Randy. Hopefully it's not intentional and hopefully nothing comes of it. Call me crazy but Goldberg's been vocal lately about Brock so I wonder if tomorrow night Goldberg shows up on RAW an calls out Brock???? 

i think brock was supposed to do a grazing elbow shot to the head to open him up but caught too much of ortons head and busted him wide open. it is being reported orton needed 10 staples to his head to close the cut.

26 minutes ago, bran said:

i think brock was supposed to do a grazing elbow shot to the head to open him up but caught too much of ortons head and busted him wide open. it is being reported orton needed 10 staples to his head to close the cut.

fuck me. It looked so vicious. Like a legit MMA elbow strike where the guy just laid there and took it on purpose. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

I'm just having a hard time trying to see that thing on the same-ish level as the wwe championship.

That's the whole thing. They shouldn't be. The WWE title should transcend brands with these belts being top titles within the brand. Which would basically mean they'd replace the US and IC belts. 

Just watched the Orton vs Lesnar match. That shit had to have been somewhat planned. No way Brock continues to lay the beat down if that was a mistake and Orton was bleeding and cut open that badly and no way Shane takes an F5.  This was planned to make Lesnar look like an absolute monster........ Goldberg is coming back to face Brock I bet. This is leading into it. Goldberg will be booked as this Holy Shit guy wh's returned to slay the beast but he'll lose too. 

5 hours ago, Bono said:

It's pretty much this (the red one obviously) but the problem is they made the strap red so it's a bit overkill on the red. Oh well whatever. It's a belt. They're almost meaningless in this day and age in pro wrestling

It looks a lot worse than that first pic though. With the red leather. 

wwe-universal-champion-belt-195841.jpg 

3 minutes ago, Bono said:

Just watched the Orton vs Lesnar match. That shit had to have been somewhat planned. No way Brock continues to lay the beat down if that was a mistake and Orton was bleeding and cut open that badly and no way Shane takes an F5.  This was planned to make Lesnar look like an absolute monster........ Goldberg is coming back to face Brock I bet. This is leading into it. Goldberg will be booked as this Holy Shit guy wh's returned to slay the beast but he'll lose too. 

So are we saying that ultimately Goldberg will be used to conquer the beast who conquered the streak? Ugh.... 

Edited by username

Just now, username said:

It looks a lot worse than this pic though. With the red leather. 

wwe-universal-champion-belt-195841.jpg 

Yeah that red strap isn't so great. Definitely should be black. The red leather inside the logo would be fine if the strap was black. It's kinda too bad they unveiled the women's belt as white because this red one would maybe be ok for the women and the white one as the universal but now the white one is so attached to women's wrestling they could never switch it or even use a white strap for the men. 

pwinsider reporting finn balor might have suffered a pretty serious injury in his title match. supposedly his arm is in a sling and some are saying it may require surgery. he will be evaluated further tomorrow.

you can notice after the match he wouldn't raise his right arm at all. when he went to shake hands with the fans he only used his left arm.