Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

2 hours ago, bran said:

that was awesome, why the fuck wasn't this on the actual fucking show. i think miz is one of the most underrated/under used talents in the wwe.

Because it would've gone through writers and it would've sucked. There's a reason the vast majority of promos from stuff like this and the wwe.com exclusives are considerably better than anything on TV.

5 hours ago, Conor said:

Because it would've gone through writers and it would've sucked. There's a reason the vast majority of promos from stuff like this and the wwe.com exclusives are considerably better than anything on TV.

WWE would be better with more unscripted promo's. 

Miz looked ready to cry. He really took offense to Bryan and how everyone sees him. Good on him for sticking up for himself but until now, if you asked me for a great Miz moment in the ring, I can't name a single one.

I lied, I remember this
GShgVGp.jpg

But they made up later
rflakRv.jpg

Edited by moreblack

Just reading coverage from raw tonight. Is Stephanie teasing someone coming for Lesnar? Swear to God if we get Triple H coming for another snoozer of a match with Lesnar...has Trips been on TV (except for nxt) since losing at Mania? 

EDIT. Oh, would you look at that. What are the chances. 

Edited by Gunner55
Trips

59 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Only Steen would end the show with a you deserve it chant despite the heeliest most screwjob finish.

I really wish Triple H would just stay the hell off tv. Why the hell would anybody book a finish like that. 

Kevin Owens deserves better than this shit. He's one of the greatest all-round wrestlers they have right now. 

2 hours ago, username said:

I really wish Triple H would just stay the hell off tv. Why the hell would anybody book a finish like that. 

Kevin Owens deserves better than this shit. He's one of the greatest all-round wrestlers they have right now. 

Are you fucking serious? Hunter just made KO the biggest heel in the company. They just strapped the same rocket to his back that made Rollins a top guy, gave him the big strap, put on one of the most spectacular basic cable main events in recent history, totally swerved the finish, maybe turned Rollins face, continued to bury Roman.... How fucking smarky do you have to be to hate that finish?!?! I know it's all subjective, but this was perfect. Hunter's been gone for months, no hints he's coming back, then BAM. He's back, he's aligned with KO (and maybe Y2J) to elevate the guy who might be NXT's biggest success ever, and so well executed. 

If someone new is coming in for Brock, my money is on Joe. I've heard multiple people, including Austin and Jeicho, say that Joe is a viable competitor with Brock if booked properly. My real money is on Billy G, though. TMZ has a source saying that the wheels are starting to turn for a Goldberg return, and what better way to bring him back than a Mania rematch? Not sure I totally love the idea and don't think that match will hold up to Balor vs whoever the champ is at that point or any sort of Bullet Club angle going down at WM33, but that'd be my guess. 

Is it just me, or was this the best Raw (or really any WWE show) in an extremely long time? What a fucking ride, loved every minute of it, and I thought that payoff was SUPREME. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Not that long, just since the one where Sasha won the title and Balor beat Reigns.

That episode was great too, but I think I liked this one a little bit better. Had a bit more edge to it, and a much bigger surprise finish (I was guessing Finn winning as soon as they announced the mini-tournament at the beginning of that episode)

According to WrestleZone, El Patron and WWE have come to terms on a release. ADR is free to work internationally immediately, and will be eligible to work in the US in a few weeks. That guy is too damn good for the shit WWE has consistently sent his way. Hope to see El Patron return to the Temple in the fourth season of Subteranean Lucha. 

Won't copy and paste it cuz the transcript it's pretty fucking long winded, but given who its coming from it kinda can't be anything but long winded. Russo ranting about Owens as champion. 

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/749785-vince-russo-rants-on-kevin-owens-as-universal-champ-says-wrestling-is-at-rock-bottom-david-arquette-was-more-over-than-owens-ever-will-be

Yeah . You see that correctly. He actually says Arquette was more over than Owens. Wrestling has hit complete rock bottom as far as he's concerned. But he doesn't care 1 bit about it. So he says. Sounds like he cares an awful lot actually. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ace Spade said:

Maybe not, but at least when he was "relevant" he wrote good Wrestling television unlike the shit that they have now.

WCW 2000/TNA were the only time he remotely had full control and both were messes.

Russo during the AE was working with a Austin/Rock/Mick Foley ect. in their prime who could easily tell him to fuck off. Vince had a different mentality about the product along with competition. Jim Ross was booking/writing shows too. Russo/Ed Ferrara were given too much credit. It's was alot more than just a 1/2 person change in the set up.

At least Cornette though even if some of his ideas are a little dated did run a developmental that got Lesnar/Cena/Orton/Batista during the early 2000's not counting earlier work the previous decade.

He said some less than complementary things about Omega recently. In fairness Omega until the Naito match did have people believing that he was just taking the piss out of NJPW to get NXT. Omega did a pretty spectacular job of conniving people he was leaving with his behavior, despite not actually saying it.

I also hope people realize Bryan isn't joking and it isn't a complete work, if WWE let him out of his contract earlier this year... he'd been taking Shibata headbutts in the G-1 this year.

Edited by AtariLegend

On 8/30/2016 at 6:52 PM, axlslash said:

Are you fucking serious? Hunter just made KO the biggest heel in the company. They just strapped the same rocket to his back that made Rollins a top guy, gave him the big strap, put on one of the most spectacular basic cable main events in recent history, totally swerved the finish, maybe turned Rollins face, continued to bury Roman.... How fucking smarky do you have to be to hate that finish?!?! I know it's all subjective, but this was perfect. Hunter's been gone for months, no hints he's coming back, then BAM. He's back, he's aligned with KO (and maybe Y2J) to elevate the guy who might be NXT's biggest success ever, and so well executed. 

You're not wrong about anything, but that's pretty much also my problem with it. I mean, Owens has been playing this obnoxious in your face loudmouth smartass heel character to perfection. Kind of Austin-like. I love that. But, also a lot like Austin, he brings it. He's great to watch in the ring and walks the walk every bit as much as he talks the talk. 

This whole let's copy what we did with Rollins deal doesn't do that justice. I'd have much rather seen him win it on his own strength and still piss everybody off to their faces. The kind of heel you can hate for being an asshole who earned it rather than a coward who had it handed to him. This finish makes me feel like they'll put him in the same cowardly heel hiding behind someone role as they did with Rollins. And that would be a huge waste of potential.

Plus I'm just SO fed up with McMahon's and Trips being the centerpiece of everything. Step back for fucks sake.