Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Wyatt is like Ambrose... they're above Ziggler, but they're the guys that work with the top guys then lose. If they saw Bray as any sort of future top star, he wouldn't be jobbing to Kane. Kane of course is getting built up for that dream match against Baron Corbin.

It just feel like standards have plunged to the depths if this was deemed acceptable. The show wasn't offensive, but average seems to be the new gold standard for "this is awesome" chants. Terrible roster too, I mean that was everyone except Cena (who they have doing house shows only atm), American Alpha (that were kept off the show to make the Usos look strong, thus burying the titles when Slater/Rhyno are the top team) and Orton (who hasn't been medically cleared in a month, but they advertised him anyway).

December to Dismember had more star power than this show and it was a WWE-C branded show that ended with Bobby Lashley winning the title.

Kudos to A.J. though. He's held now held the NJPW Title, WWE Title, ROH Title, NWA Title, TNA Title, PWG Title ect... It's just a shame that the brand split means that he has no one except Orton interesting to work with.

Edited by AtariLegend

Color me impressed. I was way down on this card going in, and was proven absolutely wrong. Women were solid, and THRILLED to see them not take the easy out and put the strap on Lady Cena. The Uso turn was perfectly executed, getting them heat on the Hype Bros then putting over Heath and Congressman Rhyno. Miz and Ziggles were unreal - a perfect match that doesn't weaken Miz in the ring but continues his "coward" storyline (and what the fuck, man, stop this cock teasing if you aren't going to actually give me Miz/Bryan at WrestleMania, it's perfect but I can't deal with the disappointment if it doesn't pay off). And of course - will I ever get used to saying "WWE champion AJ Styles"?! How fuckin cool is that! Can you imagine, going into Survivor Series, AJ with Smackdown's big belt and the Good Brothers holding the RAW tag straps?! Hoo boy. The Bullet Club had arrived. 

He won the Pure Championship which I assume was intended to be treated as a top title similar to the other one. A few months afterwards afterwards something happened... scroll down and read or google; http://wrestlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Rob_Feinstein_Controversy

Anyway TNA/ROH ended their relationship soon afterwards and the belt ended up vacated. The title though was held by the likes of Joe, before it got unified with Bryan's belt.

Had he still been on NJPW though, I reckon their's a good chance he'd held the other ROH belt given their relationship.

What a fucking trainwreck Raw was last night. A whole bunch of "maybe we'll change this match" followed by "lol kidding." Can't tell if Rollins is supposed to be face or heel. Can't tell if Dana is face or heel. Lots of wheel-spinning all around. Pretty solid wrestling, but mighty shitty storytelling. Only worthwhile segment was the Highlight Reel and the backstage interviews with KO and Y2J. Those two are top choice heels. 

14 hours ago, axlslash said:

What a fucking trainwreck Raw was last night. A whole bunch of "maybe we'll change this match" followed by "lol kidding." Can't tell if Rollins is supposed to be face or heel. Can't tell if Dana is face or heel. Lots of wheel-spinning all around. Pretty solid wrestling, but mighty shitty storytelling. Only worthwhile segment was the Highlight Reel and the backstage interviews with KO and Y2J. Those two are top choice heels. 

Dana is supposed to be a heel, but supposedly they see her as a future mega star baby face according to Metzler. 

The female Roman Reigns.... good luck with that.

Still shocked some of you people seem to be watching 5 hours of RAW/SmackDown! every week.

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

Dana is supposed to be a heel, but supposedly they see her as a future mega star baby face according to Metzler. 

The female Roman Reigns.... good luck with that.

Still shocked some of you people seem to be watching 5 hours of RAW/SmackDown! every week.

My commute is about 80 minutes each direction, so my consumption is at unhealthy levels. I watch everything on the train the day after it airs: Raw on Tuesday, Smackdown Wednesday, NXT and Lucha on Thursday,  iMPACT on Friday. Between that and podcasts, the last couple of months have seen pro wrestling consume an ever increasing percentage of my life :lol:

Dont compare Dana to Roman. Roman doesn't deserve the boos and "you can't wrestle" chants. He's like Cena: the crowds hate him because management loves him, but all he ever gives is 110% in the ring, and the result is almost always something like his matches with AJ and KO. Dana legit cannot wrestle. Every time she botches the face-to-the-turnbuckle spot, I chuckle. 

Edited by axlslash

5 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

After 3 hours of Backlash, 3 hours of Raw and 2 1/2 hours of Smackdown, I'm exhausted

I like to watch TNA sometimes also, but unless your life is wrestling, it's very difficult to also keep up with things like ROH, PWG, AAA, LU, etc also

Only time I ever really check out ROH is during the NJPW tours. 

CWC Finals are tonight. It might not be the Super J Cup 94, but it'll no doubt be the best WWE show since Takeover: Brooklyn II.

Only problem is, the best wrestler in the tournament isn't (or wasn't a few weeks ago) under contract and on the wrong side of the bracket. Might be a swerve though.

The biggest shame though, is the people who are signed will be doing jobs in mediocre matches on RAW.

Edited by AtariLegend

Folks in the NYC area: there will be a Lucha Underground panel at  NY Comic Con, Sunday Oct 8. Rey, Taya, and some behind-the-scenes folks are confirmed, with more participants to be announced. I have other plans that day already, but if you're in the area, sounds like it'll be neat.