Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

They couldn't get any one else. Ibushi probably would had to take a pay cut to work full time instead of part time, tone down his style, become a lower level wrestler (when he had climbed the ranks in Japan) and put on random 10-15 minute multi-man spot fest matches no one will remember for the duration of his contract. At least now he can go to Japan and have better matches that he ever would had in the states either in the semi-main event or main event occasionally.

Zack Sabre J.R. isn't as well known, but supposedly he just didn't fancy what he was offered. 

That left Máscara Dorada, but although he's signed... he still has dates to do for CMLL. That might have meant their Cruiserweight champion showing up on NJPW or even ROH TV doing a jobs.

Edited by AtariLegend

Didn't watch this week of course, but if Cena really lost clean for the first time in seven years on TV on a random SmackDown! alot of people never seen, it's really a wasted opportunity. To Ambrose too, I mean Ambrose gets the biggest victory of his career and no one will have seen it.

Also not that they should be doing the same 50/50 rematches every week with guys who've wrestled each other a 1000 times, but Ambrose/Cena was actually a fresh match. It could have been on a random PPV, now it's already happened. It's not the first time they've given away a fresh big match away on a random show.

I'm sure Reigns vs. Steen will be headlining a future RAW PPV (before the end of the year probably) after giving it away on TV too.

Edited by AtariLegend

I feel like the Owens/Jericho relationship will lead to them feuding and maybe Jericho with one last title run which eventually puts someone over huge. I'd be down for that. Jericho deserves one more run and his character right now would be pure gold with the belt 

On 1-9-2016 at 1:58 PM, axlslash said:
On 1-9-2016 at 11:54 AM, username said:

You're not wrong about anything, but that's pretty much also my problem with it. I mean, Owens has been playing this obnoxious in your face loudmouth smartass heel character to perfection. Kind of Austin-like. I love that. But, also a lot like Austin, he brings it. He's great to watch in the ring and walks the walk every bit as much as he talks the talk. 

This whole let's copy what we did with Rollins deal doesn't do that justice. I'd have much rather seen him win it on his own strength and still piss everybody off to their faces. The kind of heel you can hate for being an asshole who earned it rather than a coward who had it handed to him. This finish makes me feel like they'll put him in the same cowardly heel hiding behind someone role as they did with Rollins. And that would be a huge waste of potential.

Plus I'm just SO fed up with McMahon's and Trips being the centerpiece of everything. Step back for fucks sake. 

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until Monday when we find out what the full angle is. I think itll be different from the Rollins angle, and I don't think they're going to make KO a coward. He'll still be KO, a heel with a fuck-you-I'm-better attitude comparable to the guy who helped him win the strap.

And I'm totally with you on the Mac family, but H hasn't been on TV in four months. Not gonna fault them for bringing out their top guy after 4mo on the shelf.  

I would like to bring this up after the way KO/Rollins was booked, with the whole Jericho thing. It makes him look weaker. I hate that. Why won't they just for once book as heel as an asshole who walks the walk in ring. 

Considering how much money the McMahon's gave to Trump and how many republicans they have in that company... I doubt they'll be watching their own show.

Ratings will tank, but show will probably be worse than it normally is. Fortunately I don't watch weekly anyway.

Heard they saved the Triple H angle last night till after the show on youtube. I can see why some might complain.

Edited by AtariLegend

Jesus, WWE.  Anderson and Gallows deserve so much better than to job to the New Day again and again.  Especially Anderson. And New Day needs to use heel tactics to win, to boot. The sad part is I find it totally believable that they only signed Gallows N Gun to stick it to NJPW and never had any interest in having them be a dominant tag team (or even competitive really). Their work in Japan was phenomenal, pun definitely intended, and I'm just happy I can access some of it. Fuck Booty O's, seriously.

In 2012 Anderson was runner up in the G-1 final. He actually looked like he might have a singles career post the tag team gigs he got. Even beat Nakamura for example cleanly, he was treated seriously. Claimed he made $640,000 a year in NJPW in an interview back then. 

He was also someone who cut decent promos. Ironically enough he once cut a promo where he name dropped Kofi Kingston as a possible opponent for Bad Luck Fale as a joke and almost burst into laughter. 

Once they break him up with Gallows, he's fucked. There's zero chance he's getting a singles run above Social Out Cast level. 

Anderson & Gallows were doomed the minute WWE gave them the name The Club and then decided not to do Balor Club. They were buried when they done that elimination tag where Cena pinned both in like 4 minutes or something.

Edited by AtariLegend

1 hour ago, username said:

Is anybody else starting to feel the WWE-overload? With RAW on Monday, Smackdown on Tuesday, NXT on Wednesday AND much more freaquent PPV's I'm just getting overloaded. Some things going on in WWE now that I really like, but still. 

I'm definitely feeling it. I'm even turned off of watching NXT on a consistent basis. I'll just watch it literally when I find myself with nothing better to do. Too many damn PPVs. At least the TakeOvers have so much space between them that they feel special. PPVs every 2 or 3 weeks? Nah. 

As good as Smackdown has been(apparently, I never watch it) and with two "world" titles and two women's champs and two tag champs and US champ and IC champ and cruiser weight champ it's all so diluted. Then you got NXT and brand specific PPVs it's too much. Ratings are tanking despite the quality in shows. The brand split is never going to work long term. In fact I think it runs it's course by WrestleMania where they'll realize they  need to go back to how it was. It will never, ever happen but my honest opinion is they need to ditch Smackdown altogether and make RAW the premier and only show on the main roster that's a must see event each week. I mean seriously having Owens and Styles as THE champ devalues their reigns. It's horrible. Becky is the champ but so is Charlotte? Stupid. 

Edited by Bono

Reports that TNA talent are having flights canceled, this weekend's Bound For Glory PPV and next week's iMPACT tapings may not happen, and unless someone buys it by tomorrow, TNA may fold. WWE is likely to either buy all of TNA or wait for the bankruptcy asset sale so that it can own the video library. As a giant wrestling hipster who has always had a soft spot for TNA, this will be a hard weekend...

TNA will fade away and classify itself as obsolete