Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

9 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

Paige suspended yet again. At this point I'll be surprised if she returns from this one. Betting she'll quit. 

She already tried. Before the suspension.

Oh well, more time she gets to spend with Del Rio :(.

They're only suspending people, because they think they'll look better for the Lesnar situation after admitting a few months ago that non regular performers don't get tested. Del Rio was buried and leaving anyway, he was expendable and she didn't want to be their anyway. Eva Marie was doing a gimmick where she didn't wrestle every week and had filming to do for their other shows.

Reigns was obviously just to make it look like no one's above the law (as if he's The Rock/Triple H/John Cena/The Undertaker for example) and so that they could try and tell a redemption story (which no one was ever going to buy).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, moreblack said:

WWE almost don't deserve him

e77faa23b7a06dfb-600x400.gif

More than almost. That right there is the best technical worker alive today, one of the greatest sellers of all time, and can go from face to heel and back seamlessly. He's way too versitile for these dumb predictable WWE stories.

Gotta give it to 'em though, the finish last night was wonderful, a nice twist on the "triple threats must have a clear winner" rule. But AJ has carried Ambrose throughout the program. I'd watch Styles/Cena all day every day, no story needs. Their chemistry is off the damn chain. 

3 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

Heyman officially challenged Goldberg on behalf of Brock. Ugh, it's happening. 

Can't be worse than last time. 

9 hours ago, axlslash said:

More than almost. That right there is the best technical worker alive today, one of the greatest sellers of all time, and can go from face to heel and back seamlessly. He's way too versitile for these dumb predictable WWE stories.

Gotta give it to 'em though, the finish last night was wonderful, a nice twist on the "triple threats must have a clear winner" rule. But AJ has carried Ambrose throughout the program. I'd watch Styles/Cena all day every day, no story needs. Their chemistry is off the damn chain. 

This. 

18 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

She already tried. Before the suspension.

Oh well, more time she gets to spend with Del Rio :(.

They're only suspending people, because they think they'll look better for the Lesnar situation after admitting a few months ago that non regular performers don't get tested. Del Rio was buried and leaving anyway, he was expendable and she didn't want to be their anyway. Eva Marie was doing a gimmick where she didn't wrestle every week and had filming to do for their other shows.

Reigns was obviously just to make it look like no one's above the law (as if he's The Rock/Triple H/John Cena/The Undertaker for example) and so that they could try and tell a redemption story (which no one was ever going to buy).

this was posted on the general wwe forum, it is from some gossip site that i guess has a track record of being legit, not sure but if true it seems like paige has some drug (dealer) issues.

Very Interesting Bind Item; Wonder Who It's About....

Today’s Blind Items – Pay Your Dealer

One of my pieces of advice that celebrities would be good to heed is to pay your dealer

. Bad things happen when you don’t. It doesn’t matter who you are, eventually you are going to have to pay. Oh, sure if you are this foreign born A- list celebrity in her roped corner of the entertainment world you can sleep with your dealer for awhile in order not to pay, but that only lasts a short time. Eventually they find someone else who can’t pay and wants to trade and you are replaced. The next thing you know you agree to do a little courier run using your status and you promise yourself you will just do it one time. That one time becomes two or three because your habit keeps growing. Then, the unthinkable. You lose your status and can’t make the courier runs but still have your habit. One drug dealer cuts you off so you move to the next and the next. At this point, you owe several dealers but haven’t told your celebrity boyfriend. When they come calling he is caught in the crossfire. You go into hiding. The thing is you can’t hide for long because your addiction is so bad. My guess is you will end up dead. Either of an overdose or from crossing the wrong people.

http://crazydaysandnights.net/2016/10/todays-blind-items-pay-your-dealer.html

Hmmmm....  That would've been a  tad more interesting had it been posted before ADR was stabbed because it's easy to make that storyline after the fact but it definitely plays into that for sure. I wonder...........

That shit WWE pulled with AJ losing to that jobber because of Ambrose was fucking terrible. Ambrose sucks so much. Awful character, awful ring attire, awful voice, awful facial expressions, average wrestler. He sucks so bad and is so boring. Then to have that bullshit happen to the WWE Champion. Like you said Moreblack WWE doesn't even deserve AJ. 

For me in a perfect SDL world Dolph would go on a  serious run and beat some top level guys in some big fueds and hold the IC belt till Wrestlemania and then have him feud with AJ who should still be WWE Champ. I'd even have Dolph go over on AJ at WM setting up a rematch and then possible rubber match. Those guys would tear down the house. Along the way Dolph should get a perfectly clean win vs Ambrose. 

2 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

AJ saved that kid from potential paralysis. He tucked his chin in on the Styles clash, AJ caught it right as he jumped and had it in him to land on his knees and feet protecting his neck, knowing James would be fucked had he not. 

AJ is truly phenomenal. 

AJ's WWE run makes me wish I'd watched more TNA back in the day. I'd heard about him and knew he was supposed to be amazing, but damn I didn't know he'd be that good!

Edited by luciusfunk
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, luciusfunk said:

AJ is truly phenomenal. 

AJ's WWE run makes me wish I'd watched more TNA back in the day. I'd heard about him and knew he was supposed to be amazing, but damn I didn't know he'd be that good!

Just check out the absolutely epic AJ / Joe / Daniels triple threat matches. Some of the best stuff TNA has ever seen. Their match at Unbreakable 2005 was epic. The same goes for their Turning Point 2009 match. 

And yeah, Styles absolutely is phenomenal. 

I really hope that in buying the TNA Library, WWE will start promoting his epic TNA matches as well. 

Like I mentioned earlier - Sting, Angle etc got me to watch TNA, but AJ, Daniels, Joe, Beer Money, MCMG, Jay Lethal etc kept me watching it right until Hogan and Bischoff ran it into the ground. 

Edit: Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe matches are also awesome. As are Angle vs AJ matches by the way. 

Edited by username

Nakamura/KENTA teamed up to take on Riddick Moss and Tino Sabbatelli recently in front of tens of people at a small NXT house show. One of the developmental guys dropped KENTA on his neck (almost killing him) and it looks he's injured again.

It's absolutely preposterous for Nakamura/KENTA to be working WWE developmental shows against green prospects who only came from non wrestling backgrounds 2 years ago. Nakamura 10 years ago had already headlined 3 Tokyo Dome shows and KENTA had he stayed in NOAH might have been wrestling Okada a few days ago at King of Pro Wrestling in front of a sold out Ryōgoku.

I don't see the purpose of KENTA in WWE. Nakamura had his style watered down for WWE too, but at least he can get away with it, KENTA can't. 

Fingers crossed Ibushi doesn't sign a full time contract with WWE.

I'd seen the spoiler that EY was the leader of Sanity, but still marked the f out over that reveal. Hoping for big things for him in WWE. Fascinated by the choice to have Santiy start with a match with Bobby Roode, then never have him and Young interact. Will be curious to see if NXT ever acknowledges their history together - especially once WWE officially controls the TNA library.

Maybe the best full episode of LU yet this season last night. Sagrada/Havoc vs Famous B/Wagner, Sexy vs Evans, and Pentagon vs Rey vs Chavo. Just a solid, solid card up and down. Mil vs Puma main evening next week should be dynamite as well. Curious to see who the White Rabbit is when they finally make that reveal. Cody has been very coy when asked if he would be working LU at all, so crossing my fingers...

On 10/12/2016 at 1:15 PM, Gunner55 said:

AJ saved that kid from potential paralysis. He tucked his chin in on the Styles clash, AJ caught it right as he jumped and had it in him to land on his knees and feet protecting his neck, knowing James would be fucked had he not. 

I guess he finally learned from all the necks he broke in Japan with it lol.

Edited by moreblack

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

I heard he's the new Tiger Mask now

It was a pre-show match at the PPV a few days ago to hype the new Tiger Mask anime. I'd assume it be a one off or only infrequently.

He's still scheduled to do the Dusty Roads Tag Tournament with Itami on NXT and DDT in Japan around the same time NXT is doing a Japan show later this year.

Ibushi vs. Omega is almost certainly happening at a major NJPW show next year if Ibushi doesn't sign full time with WWE.

Edited by AtariLegend

1 hour ago, axlslash said:

I'm getting a little tingly. With WWE about to add ROH and TNA to the Network, could this shit actually happen?!??

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/764451-matt-hardy-wwe-roh-tna-match

WWE would have to make a deal with Sinclair first for that to happen. It's a bit of stretch.

It was just a survey and TNA haven't given up yet and sold the library. 

Extremely unlikely.

Edited by AtariLegend