Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

He has injured quite a few people before with it.

aC1ZcjRP.gif

Enhancement talent Yoshi still hasn't wrestled a singles match since or at least that I see listed on pro fight. It was 2 years ago. 

The worst part is, NJPW decided that while he was recovering to put him on the English commentary team alongside Jim Ross and Matt Striker at Wrestle Kingdom IX. It was not good.

Edited by AtariLegend

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

WWE would have to make a deal with Sinclair first for that to happen. It's a bit of stretch.

It was just a survey and TNA haven't given up yet and sold the library. 

Extremely unlikely.

Oh, I think unlikely is an understatement for sure. But there's that little voice in the back of head saying "But what if..."

Its hard to blame AJ for enhancement talent not knowing how to take the Clash. It's dangerous if you don't know what you're doing, but even I know that rule #1 is DONT TUCK YOUR CHIN. Has he injured any real stars with it, or is it all enhancement talent?

24 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Oh, I think unlikely is an understatement for sure. But there's that little voice in the back of head saying "But what if..."

Its hard to blame AJ for enhancement talent not knowing how to take the Clash. It's dangerous if you don't know what you're doing, but even I know that rule #1 is DONT TUCK YOUR CHIN. Has he injured any real stars with it, or is it all enhancement talent?

I was joking when I used the term enhancement talent with Yoshi. He's just someone I never seen win a singles match in Japan or the US.

AJ did break Lionheart's neck a few years ago with it. He has injured people like Stevie Richards and Frankie Kazarian too. He almost killed Kojima in NJPW with it a few years back too. Kojima for perspective is more experienced than anyone on the WWE roster.

Edited by AtariLegend

15 hours ago, axlslash said:

Sure but the very first thing they teach new wrestlers is to tuck the chin when taking a bump, the Styles Clash requires you to do the opposite of that, so it's little wonder that so many wrestlers struggle to resist their natural instinct to tuck the chin when taking that move

21 hours ago, axlslash said:

In his Broken Brilliance, Matt Hardy name checked the New Day on iMPACT last night, along with the Young Bucks. How amazing would it be to see those teams throw down on the Hardy Compound?!?!

Hard to tell if this is kayfabe, just selling Total Nonstop Deletion, or a shoot, but JB says TNA is getting interest from tag teams that would be "violating their contracts" by appearing on the show. I'm excited, however this all turns out. 

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/765185-jeremy-borash-shares-details-on-total-nonstop-deletion-says-wrestlers-will-breach-contracts-to-work-apocalypto-tag-team-match

His wife's lawyer released a fun statement on their engagement. Mentioned that Alberto is still legally married and that they're are far from divorced. Also called out Alberto saying to take note on how he is denying and  treating his wife and says that history repeats itself, then warns Paige about this. Talk about ugly. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

The last time Hell in the Cell mattered as a gimmick was the year 2000.

The gimmick was killed when it became just a glorified no dq match where the Cell had no relevance on the match.

Remember this?

Now it's just whatever.

HOAX!!! That man at the beginning never even existed!!! 

19 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

His wife's lawyer released a fun statement on their engagement. Mentioned that Alberto is still legally married and that they're are far from divorced. Also called out Alberto saying to take note on how he is denying and  treating his wife and says that history repeats itself, then warns Paige about this. Talk about ugly. 

Ricky Knight came out and stated he's 100% against it.

13 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

The last time Hell in the Cell mattered as a gimmick was the year 2000.

The gimmick was killed when it became just a glorified no dq match where the Cell had no relevance on the match.

Remember this?

Now it's just whatever.

Damn I just watched this on the network last week. What a great time. I actually saw on Facebook today  wwe posted a clip of taker vs Kane insjde the cell and up until now had no fucking idea those 2 ever fought each other in a cell. Those matches haven't mattered for far too long now. Although Brock and Taker I felt had a very solid cell match last year. 

I hate how Charlotte and Sasha get a cell match as some kind of reward. Fuck, that match should be a punishment. It just doesn't make sense to me. I miss the old days. 

I thought Goldberg's promo was pretty good last night. Crowd was into it. I can't see them booking Lesnar to lose though and at the same time Goldberg agreeing to come back just to lose doesn't make sense unless of course they paid him a huge amount of money. Goldberg has to lose cause storyline wise going forward it would make zero sense to have him win. 

As for Charlotte and Sasha, Sasha is a prime example as to why they need to hang onto Paige. Sasha may be better in the ring than Paige but it's not so much better that you can foresake mic skills and decent character. Watching her cut promos is fucking cringe worthy. I really hope Charlotte wins and gets the belt back. The only decent women in WWE as far as cutting promos go right now is Charlotte and Alexa. The rest are fucking horrible. Nikki isn't bad but still....... this is why they need Paige or someone like her. 

Oh and Jericho absolutely deserves one last run as Champion. The guy is fucking gold and is easily the best thing going in WWE right now. His persona at the moment + the belt would be absolute genius. I thought he should've beat Seth last night. Not clean but still without help from Owens. It was kind of a let down to see him get pedigreed and lose. 

Edited by Bono

47 minutes ago, Bono said:

She's better than

Nikki's pretty awful. Never gave anything believable in a promo ever. Doesn't matter what anyone else is doing.

About Smackdown tonight, I could swear they've done that bit with Ambrose interrupting the match with random announcements before.

Edited by moreblack