Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

4 hours ago, moreblack said:

Nikki's pretty awful. Never gave anything believable in a promo ever. Doesn't matter what anyone else is doing.

About Smackdown tonight, I could swear they've done that bit with Ambrose interrupting the match with random announcements before.

try really hard to not misunderstand what I'm saying. They all suck but Nikki unfortunately is better than the ones I mentioned. Anyone who says anything Becky or Naomi has ever done promo wise is believable isn't being honest. Of my entire post I never thought we'd be focusing on the 5 word sentence about Nikki Bella. 

13 hours ago, Bono said:

I thought Goldberg's promo was pretty good last night. Crowd was into it. I can't see them booking Lesnar to lose though and at the same time Goldberg agreeing to come back just to lose doesn't make sense unless of course they paid him a huge amount of money. Goldberg has to lose cause storyline wise going forward it would make zero sense to have him win. 

What about classic WWE 50/50 booking? 

Honestly as much as I'd like to see Brock vs. Nakamura/Joe, I doubt it's ever going to happen.

I'd prefer that Brock was back in NJPW working with Hiroshi Tanahashi (this will never happen) as a fan.

Brock's been completely wasted this year. There was no point in putting him in the Rumble. The Wyatt family feud was a mess (with no pay off, since Bray was injured) . Ambrose via 50/50 booking was already branded midcard and never credible against Lesnar. 

The Orton feud looks like it was booked to build to Brock Lesnar vs. Shane O' Mac at Wrestlemania XXXIII. Which will no doubt make Shane vs. Taker this year look like the most realistic match of all time.

Honestly, just thinking about Shane being the biggest babyface in the company and Stephanie being the biggest heel in a 50/50 era with terrible ratings, mediocre PPVs (where people chant "this is awesome" any time something goes above average), the worst regular main stream commentary teams I've seen, that terrible camera angle that gives me a head ache every time I watch a clip, with 3 hour + raws...

I cannot see them lasting another decade.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bono said:

I thought Goldberg's promo was pretty good last night. Crowd was into it. I can't see them booking Lesnar to lose though and at the same time Goldberg agreeing to come back just to lose doesn't make sense unless of course they paid him a huge amount of money. Goldberg has to lose cause storyline wise going forward it would make zero sense to have him win. 

Goldberg could have dropped trow in the middle of the ring and left a steaming deuce. It wouldn't have mattered. In the mid-to-late 90s, I was a scrawny, pre-adolescent Jewish kid. There are no words to describe what seeing a guy named Bill Goldberg do what he was doing meant to me at that age (of course I didn't understand kayfabe at the time, but who gives a fuck?). Goldberg is the reason I started watching wrestling and the reason I fell in love with it. To hear that music, to see him walk through the back, to see those sparklers go off and to see him walk down that ramp again literally made me misty-eyed. That was magnificent in every way. I don't care what the result of the match is. I get my boyhood hero back one more time.

Where was Karl Anderson 1 year ago?

Sure it might not have been a major NJPW PPV, but I think you get the point?

He should have stayed in NJPW, now he's just the weak link in a jobber tag team in WWE with an absolutely terrible win/loss ratio.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

It was pretty much doomed when they figured there was zero chance NJPW was selling them the Bullet Club name and that they couldn't do Balor Club without turning Finn heel.

At this point, Finn's better off not being associated with at all.

Unless Finn vs. A.J. happens as soon as Finn returns, I doubt this will ever be referenced again. Anderson will probably end up in a stable similar to the social outcasts and released.

Terrified how they're going to book Nakamura once he's called up. Remember the people that book NXT don't book WWE.

1 minute ago, moreblack said:

To be fair they did put rockets under Devitt and Styles from that faction

...And Omega now. I'd think though now that the faction ends with his inevitable face turn after Wrestle Kingdom.

Until listening to MSL's podcast yesterday, I thought hell in a cell was this Sunday. Was beyond confused when they kept saying 2 weeks to go. Jesus. 

Minority here maybe, but I hope Nakamura never gets called up. They will fuck him up so hard on the main roster it won't even be funny in the least bit. 

Seeing reports that the Survivor Series matches might have roster-raiding stipulations attached. Not sure how I feel about that. 

Just kidding, I know exactly how I feel about that, why couldn't we out the brand split over for a while before doing the free agent / raiding angles... As his royal highness King Ross would say, new era, same old shit. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, username said:

Why on earth would you do something so horrific to yourself? 

Self inflicted harm is fun sometimes.

I can't stand his podcast with Sullivan. Don't subscribe to that anymore. But the one with Court Bauer is listenable. 

On 10/19/2016 at 4:08 PM, AtariLegend said:

Where was Karl Anderson 1 year ago?

Sure it might not have been a major NJPW PPV, but I think you get the point?

He should have stayed in NJPW, now he's just the weak link in a jobber tag team in WWE with an absolutely terrible win/loss ratio.

I think they make Anderson look weak because big man/little man teams are always booked as good wrestler/bad wrestler respectively in WWE.

I think the Club is going to run roughshod over the jobber tag teams until New Day beats Demolition's record (around Rumble I believe). They're part of the class action suit so they have to make them seem less impressive like they did with AJ Lee. Maybe they'll do it with Punk too by letting Styles hold the title that long (one can dream).  Idk when Balor's supposed to be back, but the image of the Club holding Raw Tag and both "World" titles is nice to me.  They need to replicate the faction completely I think.  Give them a cruiserweight tag team and a big fat slow guy as their muscle/jobber(weeeeeell, well it's the underbooooosss). I like those idea. Too bad it's not NXT and that'll never happen

3 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

Just watched Lesnar and Heyman from last night. What a gong show. As if Vince sent them out there thinking there was any way to get heat on Brock. In Minneapolis of all fucking places. Lmfao 

No shit. It was fucking horrible. The crowd was CLEARLY in favour of Lesnar and Heyman kept going on about how half the crowd is chanting Goldberg. Ummm.. No half the crowd was scratching their head though when he said that despite the entire crowd cheering for Lesnar and chanting Goldberg sucks!  They literally went out there with the thought that Lesnar was going to have huge heat from the "pro Goldberg" crowd. Like WTF.  And the way Heyman tossed the mic and they walked out seemed as if he knew the whole thing was gonna fail. It was one of the worst promo/segments I've seen in a very long time.......... Other than the fucking stupid arm wrestling thing with Bailey and Dana. :facepalm:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bono said:

No shit. It was fucking horrible. The crowd was CLEARLY in favour of Lesnar and Heyman kept going on about how half the crowd is chanting Goldberg. Ummm.. No half the crowd was scratching their head though when he said that despite the entire crowd cheering for Lesnar and chanting Goldberg sucks!  They literally went out there with the thought that Lesnar was going to have huge heat from the "pro Goldberg" crowd. Like WTF.  And the way Heyman tossed the mic and they walked out seemed as if he knew the whole thing was gonna fail. It was one of the worst promo/segments I've seen in a very long time.......... Other than the fucking stupid arm wrestling thing with Bailey and Dana. :facepalm:

I'm sure Heyman argued it beforehand but got nowhere with it. That mic toss was great. Just like, "fuckin called it boss." Toronto crowd is going to eat Goldberg alive. 

Didn't get last week how they presented Goldberg though. Did his promo, was a different and humble Goldberg. But then like they pointed out on the sheet podcast, he does his wwe.com interview and he's suddenly old Goldberg huffing and puffing and grunting at the mention of Brock. 

Maybe it was discussed and I missed it, but wtf Evan Bourne was arrested in Japan over a month for marijuana possession?! Apparently he had other people running his twitter to try and hide it in hopes of things working themselves out and him being freed, but it's a legit huge offense in japan. Crazy.