Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

You should have listened to the Observer show I posted a few pages back, Anthem/fight network been involved with TNA for quite awhile. Nothing's changed except Billy's failure to acquire it.

FYI TNA's assests from according to the trial is worth like a 10th of their debt. They're unsalvageble. 

Edited by AtariLegend

4 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

You should have listened to the Observer show I posted a few pages back, Anthem/fight network been involved with TNA for quite awhile. Nothing's changed except Billy's failure to acquire it.

FYI TNA's assests from according to the trial is worth like a 10th of their debt. They're unsalvageble. 

Corgan was their last good chance, he didn't care about anything other than the infrastructure and  roster. He'd have taken the debt to have the company. Have to figure they're on their last legs now... Damn. 

10 hours ago, axlslash said:

Corgan was their last good chance, he didn't care about anything other than the infrastructure and  roster. He'd have taken the debt to have the company. Have to figure they're on their last legs now... Damn. 

I can't for the life of me understand why Anthem/Fight Network would willingly force Corgan out but keep Dixie around when she is the one who has racked up the debts and has burned bridges with pretty much everybody in wrestling at this point.

1 hour ago, sturginho said:

I can't for the life of me understand why Anthem/Fight Network would willingly force Corgan out but keep Dixie around when she is the one who has racked up the debts and has burned bridges with pretty much everybody in wrestling at this point.

The whole reason the company sold a year ago or more and since, is she wants to maintain a place in the company to try and save face (despite the fact that she's done anything but). That was the deal.

Corgan just owns his shares. I think you guys are over estimating Billy anyway. They've lost their key TV deals, they're in alot of debt, they have no stars that people want too see (other than the Hardy's, but they're not going to change the ratting) and Billy didn't take over the world with his last company.

The company draws just over a 1000 fans for it's biggest PPV of the year. They're a high cost indie.

2 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

The whole reason the company sold a year ago or more and since, is she wants to maintain a place in the company to try and save face (despite the fact that she's done anything but). That was the deal.

Corgan just owns his shares. I think you guys are over estimating Billy anyway. They've lost their key TV deals, they're in alot of debt, they have no stars that people want too see (other than the Hardy's, but they're not going to change the ratting) and Billy didn't take over the world with his last company.

The company draws just over a 1000 fans for it's biggest PPV of the year. They're a high cost indie.

But Corgan had a plan and a desire to make it bigger than that, Dixie's plan is more of the same, limping from taping to taping, haemorrhaging cash, losing more top stars and losing more of their audience as time goes on. Not to mention that she pissed every last ounce of goodwill that she had left with the hardcore TNA fans away by trying to sell to Vince. And she was responsible for losing their deal with Spike, they would have renewed for less money (or a say in the decision making) but once again Dixie's ego got in the way.

1 hour ago, sturginho said:

But Corgan had a plan and a desire to make it bigger than that, Dixie's plan is more of the same, limping from taping to taping, haemorrhaging cash, losing more top stars and losing more of their audience as time goes on. Not to mention that she pissed every last ounce of goodwill that she had left with the hardcore TNA fans away by trying to sell to Vince. And she was responsible for losing their deal with Spike, they would have renewed for less money (or a say in the decision making) but once again Dixie's ego got in the way.

You're making it sound like Corgan is a creative genius. He did basically run a company prior to TNA that didn't set the world alight.

Anthem don't really have a choice in the matter as far as getting rid of Dixie goes, but Dixie isn't running the show you're watching atm anyway. She just determines whether are not anyone gets full control.

As far as "trying to sell to Vince", that's a bt of an exaggeration. WWE made a few low offers for the video library which basically would have meant no TNA. WWE have no interest in running TNA.

The brand itself is toxic, alot of the talent don't have the best reputations, they don't make money and they don't draw crowds. NXT in bigger markets outdraws TNA PPVs with house shows.

I like Smashing Pumpkins, but I think you guys are getting a little over hyped by people suggesting Corgan has different ideas than Dixie. They all do! It's a miracle the company still exists.

Think about the style/presentation of the cruiser weights in WWE and T.J. Perkins/Kendrick.

Compare it to this; http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4jhril 

Could WWE sign both? Maybe-ish (not so sure). The match would look completely different though in WWE and neither would look like people you want on your TV screen.

Oh and in other news. Sin Cara just took down another locker room opponent. Jericho this time.

He's previously unbeaten in shoots against Simon Gotch/Sheamus.

Edited by AtariLegend

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

I hope that I'm not getting ahead of myself but I'm looking forward to Survivor Series.

Despite the decent build, you know what REALLY fucking bugs me about Survivor series? What is there to gain? Bragging rights? Is that enough for every feud in the company to be set aside and team up? Bragging rights over the other group of people that was randomly drafted just recently? The IC title, the cruiserweight title.... there's stuff on the line there. But the 3 traditional Survivor Series matches, there's nothing to really win. That's just lazy fucking booking.

Smackdown showing once again that it's the better brand this week, absolutely solid episode

Curious to see if Undertaker is going to be a full time talent up to Wrestlemania this year, I'm betting something's gonna happen to Shane at some point on Sunday where Undertaker replaces him in the SS match (and Ellsworth gets his revenge on Strowman)

Edited by Gackt

10 hours ago, username said:

Despite the decent build, you know what REALLY fucking bugs me about Survivor series? What is there to gain? Bragging rights? Is that enough for every feud in the company to be set aside and team up? Bragging rights over the other group of people that was randomly drafted just recently? The IC title, the cruiserweight title.... there's stuff on the line there. But the 3 traditional Survivor Series matches, there's nothing to really win. That's just lazy fucking booking.

3 SS matches is overkill, especially when it means that no top-flight titles are getting defended. No stakes means the matches are pointless, the women's division isn't deep enough to warrant a 5-on-5, and the 10-on-10 match is going to be only marginally better than the 4th of July match was. I'm honestly not sure what the point of it all is other than giving the fans in the stadium an excuse to drink for 4hrs before Goldberg and Brock do their rock-em-sock-em bit to close the show. 

Just got tickets for my first live wrestling show. It's an indie fundraiser for a local police department being put on by Northeast Wrestling this weekend. Lawler, Booker T, Robbie E, and the Bennetts (Miracle and Maria Kanellis) will all be there, and a front row seat was $30. I'm excited. 

Could Aztec Warfare have been any better?! What a magnificent hour of wrestling. So many intersecting storylines, the best return this side of Goldberg that I've seen in a long time, a unique yet believable finish.... can't wait to see how they book next week's main event. It'll be great. Lucha has felt a little slow so far this year, but this felt like it turned a big corner. 

30 minutes ago, zeppelinrocksnexttognr said:

I have a feeling deep in my gut that the Lesnar/Goldberg match will be bad. Like someone is going to interfere and ends up a cheesy ass ending. 

Goldberg hasn't wrestled in 12 1/2 years. He's had just several weeks of training and supposedly injured his arm on Monday.

He's also about to make his grand return in Toronto, Canada. Lesnar represents Canada now and Goldberg ended Bret Hart's career. It'll be interesting to hear the crowd reaction of the current generation vs. attitude era fans that night.

They also want to do Shane vs. Lesnar at Mania... all the warning signs say we should be worried.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

Just now, AtariLegend said:

Goldberg hasn't wrestled in 12 1/2 years. He's had just several weeks of training and supposedly injured his arm on Monday.

He's also about to make his grand return in Toronto, Canada. Lesnar represents Canada now and Goldberg ended Bret Hart's career. It'll be interesting to hear the crowd reaction of the current generation vs. attitude era fans that night.

They also want to do Shane vs. Lesnar at Mania... all the warning signs are their.

Goldberg wins because Shane screws Lesnar. It's that simple. I'd be shocked at any other outcome. Also, I can't imagine anybody would want to see Shane-Lesnar. It'll suck. Another "one big spot" match.