Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

3 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Goldberg hasn't wrestled in 12 1/2 years. He's had just several weeks of training and supposedly injured his arm on Monday.

He's also about to make his grand return in Toronto, Canada. Lesnar represents Canada now and Goldberg ended Bret Hart's career. It'll be interesting to hear the crowd reaction of the current generation vs. attitude era fans that night.

They also want to do Shane vs. Lesnar at Mania... all the warning signs say we should be worried.

3 hours ago, username said:

Goldberg wins because Shane screws Lesnar. It's that simple. I'd be shocked at any other outcome. Also, I can't imagine anybody would want to see Shane-Lesnar. It'll suck. Another "one big spot" match. 

They need to fill that dome for the Rumble. I'd say Shane screws Brock, Shane/Brock at the Rumble, Goldberg/Lesnar happens at Mania with Lesnar winning clean. 

18 hours ago, axlslash said:

Could Aztec Warfare have been any better?! What a magnificent hour of wrestling. So many intersecting storylines, the best return this side of Goldberg that I've seen in a long time, a unique yet believable finish.... can't wait to see how they book next week's main event. It'll be great. Lucha has felt a little slow so far this year, but this felt like it turned a big corner. 

Wow, that was unbelievable! Everything about it was perfect. I had the result spoiled for me on Facebook but still I punched the air at the finish!

The show tonight was great. Got to meet The Kingdom (Matt Taven, TK O'Ryan, and Vinny Marseglia from ROH), Lawler, and Maria and Mike Bennett before the show. The guys from the Kingdom loved my GNR Jersey Devil shirt from metlife. The Bennetts couldn't be any more different than their characters. Just the sweetest people. I got to talk to them for a solid 5-10min and they just seemed totally cool. And Maria might be more attractive in person than she is on TV, which is difficult to comprehend.

The show was great. If you're in the northeastern US, check out a Northeast Wrestling show if you can. Bennett vs Robbie E stole the show, but lots of their talent is really strong too. Tickets are cheap, and the shows are awesome. 

37 minutes ago, username said:

Haven't seen Takeover yet, but any thoughts on Nakamura-Joe and Asuka-Mickie? 

Nakamura vs. Joe was good, it was just them working WWE style though with a strange finish. Entrances were great and both looked great, but the match wasn't exactly the 5 Star Classic it would have been in the Ryōgoku or Tokyo Dome working for NJPW. 

It also bizarrely wasn't given that much time like in Brooklyn. Tye Dillinger got almost as much time in the opening match against Roode as Nak/Joe. Not sure on the logic. Maybe Nak's awesome extended entrance each Takeover takes time out of the actual match.

Asuka vs. Mickie was okay, Mickie didn't embrass herself and they had Asuka work her self down a level (which is still above the others) and then sell. 

TM-61 vs. The Authors of Pain was better than I'm sure most people expected, but everyone loved the DIY/Revival match (which again got more time than the main event).

Wasn't a fan of Dillinger vs. Roode. The crowd loved chanting along and stayed with it, but it was a fairly basic match that went alot longer than expected. 

Edited by AtariLegend

Either Goldberg only would do this if it was a squash, Lesnar's being punished for USADA (which is fucking stupid), he's done with the company or Lesnar just failed another test.

Insane booking either way. Lesnar hadn't been pinned in years and this was probably Berg's only match.

fyi Shane tonight spent more time in the ring tonight than Nakamura and Joe last night. He also beat up Reigns and Strowman, kicked out of multiple finishers... this company.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

My stream was a bit blocky. Did Goldberg seriously take fucking Brock down in like 2 minutes?

Less than.

They just feed their most credible/protected star (one of the few) to a man turning 50 next month who hasn't worked in 12 years and probably will never again.

Did any of you fucking smarks see that coming? No. Epic swerve. Use the extra time on the network to make you think the show will be long, build and build, then do this.

Now Brock-Goldberg III at Rumble or Mania will mean more. This is a good move long-term. 

• Like 1

Fucking horrible decision to book Goldberg win over Brock. Fucking idiots. What a god damn waste.  This is how I'd have done it,

Brock should have won this match. No question about it. Then go on to as always dismantle whoever he faces. I feel like Taker should challenge AJ for the belt, win it, then challenge Brock for a redemption match at WM. This way everyone is thinking Taker is going to get his win back at WM. I think Brock should win clean going 2-0 over Taker at WM. It would be nuts but it would also be s shocker cause a rematch would have people thinking Taker gets his win back. But nope. Brock wins, gets the belt and the next night on RAW have Finn Balor return as the heir apparent to Undertaker and confront Brock..... then have Finn go over on Brock and win the belt at I don't know. Summerslam or something. Yes Brock is on RAW and AJ and Taker are on Smackdown so I know that creates a small problem but Taker can challenge whoever the fuck he wants after winning the belt and the rematch vs Brock would be appealing.  Nobody else should ever beat Taker at WM. Never. Having anyone else beat him on that show diminishes what Brock did and it also taints the streak knowing 2 guys actually beat him in the end. A match with Cena winning is pointless now since Brock already did it so Brock should be the only guy to ever do it and doing it twice would make Brock beyond incredible and would also shoot the guy who beats Brock into the stratosphere. 

But those stupid stunned cunts booked a 49 year old Goldberg who hasn't been in the ring in 12 years to beat Lesnar. Unreal. The stupidity is unmatched. 

• Like 1

They could have made a star by having them be the one who pinned Lesnar.

Berg vs. Brock means nothing at the Rumble. Rumble sells itself and Brock has lost twice to Berg, the first time being an infamous clusterfuck.

They might get some people excited on the Internet short term, but this is the worst possible booking they could have done long term. Damage Lesnar more so that when Lesnar losses again, it means nothing. Berg is 49 year old and at most has a few matches left.

Lesnar was the only protected wrestler they had. It's not a big deal now if Nakamura/Joe or a Reigns beat him later down the line.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AtariLegend said:

They could have made a star by having them be the one who pinned Lesnar.

Berg vs. Brock means nothing at the Rumble. Rumble sells itself and Brock has lost twice to Berg, the first time being an infamous clusterfuck.

They might get some people excited on the Internet short term, but this is the worst possible booking they could have done long term. Damage Lesnar more so that when Lesnar losses again, it means nothing. Berg is 49 year old and at most has a few matches left.

Lesnar was the only protected wrestler they had. It's not a big deal now if Nakamura/Joe or a Reigns beat him later down the line.

Exactly. This was arguably the worst booking decision I have ever seen. It's so bad it literally pisses me off. The amount of stupid that went into that is unfathomable. They could've made huge stars out of anyone. Even having Jericho pull off an upset would've been better than this shit. Brock beating Taker was a bold and shocking move that took guts and it was badass because they built Brock into what he is. This though is just complete and utter shit. I guess Goldberg could've ended the streak in less than a minute. Fucking WWE.  :facepalm:

I seen Shane kick out off 3 finishers tonight by Jericho, beat up Reigns/Strowman and Seth. He also spent more actual time inside the ring than anyone this weekend.

When he was eliminated by the Reigns spear the ref counted him getting his arm up, then only eliminated Shane by saying he was unable to continue.

Even if you took the main event out off the equation, this is up their with the most mind melting PPVs for booking decisions I remember in almost 20 years of watching wrestling.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

This is the shit that makes me wanna stop watching completely. I don't dislike Goldberg at all but this is just horseshit booking. It would be like 50 year old Shawn Michaels coming out of retirement and then beating AJ Styles for the title in less than 2 minutes. Fucking stupid beyond belief and I'ma massive HBK fan.  

Y'all can eat a 3D. 

And you can't say "Rumble sells itself" when it's at the goddamn Alamo Dome. Filling that will be a struggle, and this might just be the fire they need. And WrestleSheet is reporting that goldberg is already signed for the Rumble. This is a long-term choice.