Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

46 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Say what you will, but Goldberg's physique at 50 or however old he is, puts Lesnar's to shame, and peak Goldberg physique was insane.

Goldberg had a reputation for getting gassed if a match went more than a few minutes almost 20 years ago. Lesnar is an MMA fighter.

Physic means nothing in wrestling other than aesthetics.

Edited by AtariLegend

Just now, AtariLegend said:

Goldberg had a reputation for getting gassed if a match went more than a few minutes almost 20 years ago. Lesnar is an MMA fighter.

Physic means nothing in wrestling other than aesthetics.

I'm aware, but I was just commenting how great Goldberg looks for his age.

3 hours ago, axlslash said:

Did any of you fucking smarks see that coming? No. Epic swerve. Use the extra time on the network to make you think the show will be long, build and build, then do this.

Now Brock-Goldberg III at Rumble or Mania will mean more. This is a good move long-term. 

I had the same realization. We've all been complaining about predictable booking. This had everybody in complete disbelief. I think I like it. 

I've also heard rumors about Goldberg being booked for the Rumble now, and maybe even Mania after that. If true, this could be a really smart move. Rumble could set up Bork-Berg III perfectly. Yes, it would probably be 50/50 booking in the end which is meh, but fuck this was shocking. And Lesnar matches had all gotten horribly stale anyway. At least this is a change in the status quo. 

6 hours ago, username said:

I had the same realization. We've all been complaining about predictable booking. This had everybody in complete disbelief. I think I like it. 

I've also heard rumors about Goldberg being booked for the Rumble now, and maybe even Mania after that. If true, this could be a really smart move. Rumble could set up Bork-Berg III perfectly. Yes, it would probably be 50/50 booking in the end which is meh, but fuck this was shocking. And Lesnar matches had all gotten horribly stale anyway. At least this is a change in the status quo. 

I think WhatCulture's "What Just Happened?" video from last night did a fantastic job of capturing my emotions on the show:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, moreblack said:

I love Whatculture, they're smarks but can still mark the f*ck out when the moment is right.

Simon and Adam Blampied do some nice analyses and breakdowns. I'm not a fan of the fantasy booking stuff that Adam does, it's a touch smarkier than I can handle, but the breakdowns of what happened tend to be pretty good. Ross is funny too. Not such a fan of Pacciti or Jack. 

When it comes to smarks, though, Bin Hamin on WrestleZone. He was a writer for OVW and really knows the business, better creative breakdowns than anyone else I've heard. 

9 minutes ago, username said:

No Bork on RAW tonight, that's a shame. I'm assuming they'll have Heyman further the feud though. 

Brock has to be "in the hospital" after those spears last night. Goldberg can gloat without Heyman, or Heyman can push it forward in Brock's place. Either way, Brock categorically should not be there. They can't be face to face for a good long time. Have to protect the rematch. This was the right booking call, but it has to be handled properly.  

I thought that the ending was great. It completely shatters the whole lesnar is a beast thing. Regardless of how you feel, you didn't expect a 1:25 match. Lesnar being beast, and the streak, and the suplex city shit was getting annoying. Having Goldberg just break him the way he did sets up a future that brocK isn't all powerful.

And props to Shane! Other than him spending like an hour laying down on the mat, the dude took some big hits! That spear he took from reigns had to hurt like fuck. 

Pillar to post, that was the best Raw in a long time. This might be the first week in recent memory that Lucha and Impact fall behind a WWE show for my favorite of the week. My only complaint is that with Dillinger being so fucking over with this smarky Toronto crowd, it's a waste not to debut him there. Fingers crossed for tomorrow night, though. 

After seeing and meeting the Kingdom this weekend, I decided to start watching old episodes of ROH starting from October 1 of this year to catch up by Final Battle. Just watched O'Reilly/Shibata from Field of Honor, and I'm exhausted from just watching. What an absolutely spectacular match. 

2 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

They had a much better match at King of Pro Wrestling last month that's worth checking out, since I'm going to assume you don't watch NJPW PPVs.

Not yet, but ROH is a gateway drug to NJPW (especially since I started with a joint event), so it's only a matter of time :P

Unfortunately no source, since I just briefly saw something about it on instagram, but apparently vince doesn't see nakamura as a top guy and wants him shoved in the cruiserweight division whenever they call him up. No doubt he'd have some great matches with the others in there but God fucking damn that guy deserves so much fucking more than that. Taking it as a grain of salt for the time being, but that totally sounds like a Vince thing. 

1 hour ago, Gunner55 said:

Unfortunately no source, since I just briefly saw something about it on instagram, but apparently vince doesn't see nakamura as a top guy and wants him shoved in the cruiserweight division whenever they call him up. No doubt he'd have some great matches with the others in there but God fucking damn that guy deserves so much fucking more than that. Taking it as a grain of salt for the time being, but that totally sounds like a Vince thing. 

How dare you not want what Vince tells you to want! Go buy a Roman Reigns t-shirt right away! 

Edited by username

6 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

Somehow, someone convinced Vince to let Tyler Black, Kevin Steen, AJ Styles, and Fergal Devitt be top guys. Shinsuke will get there in time, don't worry.