Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

It's a troll.

Nakamura isn't exactly less than 205 and is taller than most of the roster including Cena ect.

He supposedly paid main roster "main event" money just to boost network subscriber numbers in Japan as well. NXT is running a show in a few weeks in Osaka. Pretty good chance Nak will win back the belt.

Edited by AtariLegend

22 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

It's a troll.

Nakamura isn't exactly less than 205 and is taller than most of the roster including Cena ect.

He supposedly paid main roster "main event" money just to boost network subscriber numbers in Japan as well. NXT is running a show in a few weeks in Osaka. Pretty good chance Nak will win back the belt.

Reports I've read are Shinsuke gets the strap back in Osaka, then starts to build up for a GLORIOUS main event title bout at Takeover the weekend of the Rumble. Seems like a logical way to go. And maybe we finally get Joe on the main roster. 

On 29/11/2016 at 7:21 PM, moreblack said:

Dunno about Osaka. Seems like WWE's whole MO these days is to have the hometown hero lose.

e2557609fd1ecb1105cee9826b5b9df3.jpg

"Now listen here, all of you out of shape sweat-hogs. I'm going to show you in (insert whatever town he was wrestling in here!) what a real man looks like. Cue the music!"

You could look like that too pappy. Just search the deep web for an inject yourself with everything buffet. You'll end dead at 40 (unless you're over 40) though like Rick did.

fyi for those of us unlucky enough to live in the UK. Apparently ITV is going to show a new version of World of Sport soon.

It'll be brutal.

Edited by AtariLegend

Last night's iMPACT was quite good. Dynamite triple threat for the X Division Championshop, a show stopping main event from Rosemary and Jade in a cage for the Knockouts Title, Hardyz vs Bram and Kingston for the tag belts. Only low point in the show was a bizarre opener between Moose and Rex, though Rex's response to having to fight Moose was hilarious. 

8 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

You could look like that too pappy. Just search the deep web for an inject yourself with everything buffet. You'll end dead at 40 (unless you're over 40) though like Rick did.

fyi for those of us unlucky enough to live in the UK. Apparently ITV is going to show a new version of World of Sport soon.

It'll be brutal.

Rick Rude was the master of going to a town and insulting everyone before beating the hometown jobber in a squash and then going home!

25 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Apparently the new Japanese girls in LU are crazy good wrestlers.

Dude. Watch this week's episode. Hour long gauntlet against Pentagon. All three new ladies can WORK. They take some insane bumps and have mighty impressive move sets. Hope to see them get serious attention as the season progresses.

On 12/2/2016 at 10:05 PM, axlslash said:

Dude. Watch this week's episode. Hour long gauntlet against Pentagon. All three new ladies can WORK. They take some insane bumps and have mighty impressive move sets. Hope to see them get serious attention as the season progresses.

That's funny. This is one of the reviews from the Wrestling Observer;

I'm behind on my shows this week, thanks to the two-PPV weekend. I'm about halfway through TLC at this point, and I have to say, don't watch a WWE PPV within 24hrs of a ROH PPV. After Final Battle, every fucking thing feels flat. The march to the end of the show - Kindgom vs White/Kushida/Rush for the six-man belts, Cody vs Lethal, Ospreay/Lee/Scurll for the TV belt, Young Bucks vs Briscoes for the tag titles, and Cole vs O'Reilly for the big belt - was just one dream match after another. The only dud on the card was Silas Young va Jushin. All respect to both of those dudes, but two slow old dudes stick out like a sore thumb on that show.

And the storylines coming out of the show are spectacular. TNA and ROH are clearly on good terms again. They were already sharing Cody, but now the Broken Hardyz vs Bucks of Youth feud is actually happening?! Matt calls out the Bucks on video at Final Battle, Vanguard 1 shows up at the next TV taping and the Bucks superkick if out of the air, Matt will call them out on Impact this week... Love it. Can't wait to see where the collaboration goes. 

And on top of all that, heel Cody is expected to join the motherfucking Bullet Clup this weekend at NJPW's show. 

15 hours ago, axlslash said:

I'm behind on my shows this week, thanks to the two-PPV weekend. I'm about halfway through TLC at this point, and I have to say, don't watch a WWE PPV within 24hrs of a ROH PPV. After Final Battle, every fucking thing feels flat. The march to the end of the show - Kindgom vs White/Kushida/Rush for the six-man belts, Cody vs Lethal, Ospreay/Lee/Scurll for the TV belt, Young Bucks vs Briscoes for the tag titles, and Cole vs O'Reilly for the big belt - was just one dream match after another. The only dud on the card was Silas Young va Jushin. All respect to both of those dudes, but two slow old dudes stick out like a sore thumb on that show.

And the storylines coming out of the show are spectacular. TNA and ROH are clearly on good terms again. They were already sharing Cody, but now the Broken Hardyz vs Bucks of Youth feud is actually happening?! Matt calls out the Bucks on video at Final Battle, Vanguard 1 shows up at the next TV taping and the Bucks superkick if out of the air, Matt will call them out on Impact this week... Love it. Can't wait to see where the collaboration goes. 

And on top of all that, heel Cody is expected to join the motherfucking Bullet Clup this weekend at NJPW's show. 

TNA-ROH-NJPW collaboration could potentially be EPIC! :o

9 hours ago, sturginho said:

TNA-ROH-NJPW collaboration could potentially be EPIC! :o

ROH is almost an NXT for NJPW currently due to the working agreement. Practically almost every top card wrestler at ROH including the commentators have contracts with NJPW.

I fail to see what NJPW would gain from TNA. They had A.J./Joe/Angle/Roode/Jeff have matches when they were with TNA (during the disastrous working agreement where Russo buried everyone who was Asian) during it's ratings peak years ago working the undercard at NJPW shows. Only A.J. worked and that was after A.J. disassociated himself with TNA. NJPW got nothing from it, no one cared about Jeff doing a two star match in Tokyo or Rob Van Dam doing hardcore matches.

NJPW isn't an indie and Cody was only contracted for those dates with TNA. 

The Young Bucks vs. Hardy match btw is set for a ROH house show in a few months. They aren't on that great terms, if they're not allowed to actually broadcast it.

Edited by AtariLegend

59 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

ROH is almost an NXT for NJPW currently due to the working agreement. Practically almost every top card wrestler at ROH including the commentators have contracts with NJPW.

I fail to see what NJPW would gain from TNA. They had A.J./Joe/Angle/Roode/Jeff have matches when they were with TNA (during the disastrous working agreement where Russo buried everyone who was Asian) during it's ratings peak years ago working the undercard at NJPW shows. Only A.J. worked and that was after A.J. disassociated himself with TNA. NJPW got nothing from it, no one cared about Jeff doing a two star match in Tokyo or Rob Van Dam doing hardcore matches.

NJPW isn't an indie and Cody was only contracted for those dates with TNA. 

The Young Bucks vs. Hardy match btw is set for a ROH house show in a few months. They aren't on that great terms, if they're not allowed to actually broadcast it.

I think it's a work, or the Bucks are going to break their contracts. This is too much high profile build to run the match on a house show. Either they'll do a few house shows to warm up for an ROH PPV, or the Bucks are coming to TND next week. It would be a creative disaster to have this high profile a build - the video at FB, the superkick to Vanguard 1 on TV, Hardy about to cut a promo on Impact - only to pay it off at a house show? Absolutely no way. 

I've gotten super hooked on UpUpDownDown. It's so much fun to see the superstars out of character hanging out with each other. Love that New Day are exactly the same backstage as they are in the ring. Wish they could have done one with Cody out of Starsust character, he was super fun but the character was distracting.