Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

16 minutes ago, luciusfunk said:

Cena screws Taker in the Rumble. AJ retains, Wyatt wins Rumble. 

So... heel Cena? I'd take that. BrayJ at Mania for the title would be wonderful, and I absolutely would not care who won. I just want Finn and the Good Brothers winning their respective gold and getting the original Biz Cliz back together :P

The Observer is reporting that Kyle O'Reily and Ray Rowe will be leaving ROH for WWE, and that Cole likely will do the same when his deal opens up in May. Crushing loss for ROH, but Cole/O'Reily bringing their rivalry to NXT will be outstanding, baybay. 

9 hours ago, moreblack said:

And he'll be on fellow Winnipegger Jericho's podcast this week. With co host and also Winnipegger Don Callis(Jackal).

Also Brock Lesnar's a Jets fan
1484058606528.png?ve=1&tl=1

Is he  a Jets fan or a guest of the organization at a Jets game? haha. I would imagine he has some loyalty to the Minnesota Wild 

10 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

Cena screws Taker in the Rumble. AJ retains, Wyatt wins Rumble. 

Nope. Cena wins the belt clean vs AJ, Taker wins Rumble and  sets up the only BIG match left for Taker at Wrestlemania that being Taker vs Cena. Taker wins clean over Cena and retires the next night on RAW as champion. As much as some want to see AJ vs Taker it just doesn't make sense. It just isn't a fitting last match for the Undertaker. Cena vs Taker makes all the sense in the world and Cena doesn't need the belt going forward cause well... movies. Taker relinquishes the belt setting up a tournament for the title heading into the next PPV or even Summerslam.  As for Wyatt...... nah. he's been so misused I can't see them having him win the Rumble and "headline" Wrestlemania for a belt. 

**** Also Cena just cut a very Thug-a-Nominc Cena style promo. G rated mind you but very much in the same style of his old heel persona. Slow burn to heel Cena??

Edited by Bono

Don't need to headline if you win the Rumble. That's been seen many times. Wyatt can win the Rumble and fight for the WWE title and there are still two-three matches that could be main events. WWE Universal, Undertaker/Whoever, and Lesnar/Goldberg.

Regardless of who wins the Rumble, AJ retains against Cena.

2 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

Don't need to headline if you win the Rumble. That's been seen many times. Wyatt can win the Rumble and fight for the WWE title and there are still two-three matches that could be main events. WWE Universal, Undertaker/Whoever, and Lesnar/Goldberg.

Regardless of who wins the Rumble, AJ retains against Cena.

You know what I mean.  That's why I put "headline" in quotes. 

13 hours ago, Bono said:

Nope. Cena wins the belt clean vs AJ, Taker wins Rumble and  sets up the only BIG match left for Taker at Wrestlemania that being Taker vs Cena. Taker wins clean over Cena and retires the next night on RAW as champion. As much as some want to see AJ vs Taker it just doesn't make sense. It just isn't a fitting last match for the Undertaker. Cena vs Taker makes all the sense in the world and Cena doesn't need the belt going forward cause well... movies. Taker relinquishes the belt setting up a tournament for the title heading into the next PPV or even Summerslam.  As for Wyatt...... nah. he's been so misused I can't see them having him win the Rumble and "headline" Wrestlemania for a belt. 

**** Also Cena just cut a very Thug-a-Nominc Cena style promo. G rated mind you but very much in the same style of his old heel persona. Slow burn to heel Cena??

Word is RKO vs Bray is the matchup for Mania, so Bray winning the Rumble wouldn't seem likely.

How can you say that the biggest star (or at least top 3) the WWE has ever produced vs the (until recently) biggest star WWE had never signed isn't a "big match"? The Phenom vs The Phenomenal One is a moniker that practically promotes itself. And how is it not fitting? Taker goes out by putting over the company's hottest commodity on the biggest stage. Wrestlers typically lose their final match. Cena going over Taker (or going over AJ at the Rumble) would just piss people off. AJ over Taker would pop the crowd, be a fitting end, put another notch on the Face That Runs The Place's belt, and be a fitting end to Taker's career.

That said - I think Mania being in NOLA again next year just extended Taker's shelf life. He has to be there, right? He even referenced it on Raw this week. 

15 hours ago, Bono said:

Is he  a Jets fan or a guest of the organization at a Jets game? haha. I would imagine he has some loyalty to the Minnesota Wild 

Apparently he's legit Jets fan

But then again he walked right over the logo

Edited by moreblack
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, axlslash said:

Word is RKO vs Bray is the matchup for Mania, so Bray winning the Rumble wouldn't seem likely.

How can you say that the biggest star (or at least top 3) the WWE has ever produced vs the (until recently) biggest star WWE had never signed isn't a "big match"? The Phenom vs The Phenomenal One is a moniker that practically promotes itself. And how is it not fitting? Taker goes out by putting over the company's hottest commodity on the biggest stage. Wrestlers typically lose their final match. Cena going over Taker (or going over AJ at the Rumble) would just piss people off. AJ over Taker would pop the crowd, be a fitting end, put another notch on the Face That Runs The Place's belt, and be a fitting end to Taker's career.

That said - I think Mania being in NOLA again next year just extended Taker's shelf life. He has to be there, right? He even referenced it on Raw this week. 

No. Taker beating Cena (the biggest name in pro wrestling the last 10+ years) for the title and retiring the next night on RAW is THE way he should go out. Yeah yeah guys lose their last match but Taker is different and having him lose at Mania to anyone now is just meh. The streak has been broken and the pop AJ would get if he beat Taker  wouldn't be even remotely the size of the pop Taker would get if he not only beat Cena but took the title off him. THAT is the holy shit moment.  Sometimes storybook endings can be great. AJ doesn't need the push by beating Taker and sorry it's just not the big match that Cena vs Taker is. 

3 hours ago, moreblack said:

Apparently he's legit Jets fan

But then again he walked right over the logo

Sounds like maybe he wasn't even a hockey fan until he moved to Saskatchewan. That interview is actually the most relaxed, most chilled out and happiest I've ever seen Brock Lesnar. Just seems like a totally cool guy lovin' life in that video. He seems genuinely gigddy to be at the game.

4 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

Nah

Nah you don't know what I mean?  Ok. :rolleyes:

The Observer is reporting that Vince has changed his mind and both Taker/Cena and Taker going for a belt are by in the plans. So, @Bono, we're both wrong :P. Word is Strowman isn't his most likely opponent either. The same report has a fatal 4-way penciled in for Charlotte's strap. Yet another has Joe set to debut at the Rumble to set up a "major match" for him in Orlando... will be an interesting couple of weeks, that's for damn sure!

This Rumble is super unpredictable. I could see so many different things happen. The only thing that will disappoint me is if Dillinger isn't #10. 

10 hours ago, axlslash said:

The Observer is reporting that Vince has changed his mind and both Taker/Cena and Taker going for a belt are by in the plans. So, @Bono, we're both wrong :P. Word is Strowman isn't his most likely opponent either. The same report has a fatal 4-way penciled in for Charlotte's strap. Yet another has Joe set to debut at the Rumble to set up a "major match" for him in Orlando... will be an interesting couple of weeks, that's for damn sure!

This Rumble is super unpredictable. I could see so many different things happen. The only thing that will disappoint me is if Dillinger isn't #10. 

Just think about what would be the worst possible scenario. That's what they'll do. 

Seriously though, I have this creeping feeling it might be utterly disappointing. I wish they'd done a better job at keeping Sami strong. Should've been in the main event scene by now. And I wish they'd go a little slower with Braun and put him in the US title picture first instead of moving him straight to the main event scene. 

Edit: 

http://whatculture.com/wwe/samoa-joe-set-for-big-wwe-main-roster-push

Fingers crossed for AJ-Joe! 

Edited by username

31 minutes ago, username said:

Just think about what would be the worst possible scenario. That's what they'll do. 

Seriously though, I have this creeping feeling it might be utterly disappointing. I wish they'd done a better job at keeping Sami strong. Should've been in the main event scene by now. And I wish they'd go a little slower with Braun and put him in the US title picture first instead of moving him straight to the main event scene. 

Edit: 

http://whatculture.com/wwe/samoa-joe-set-for-big-wwe-main-roster-push

Fingers crossed for AJ-Joe! 

Heel-heel AJ-Joe could be very very fun.

I think my dream Rumble at this point, assuming Cena over AJ which sucks, ends with Gallows 27, Anderson 28, AJ 29, they eliminate everyone else left, 30 hits, lights out, Finn in at 30, and kickstart some sort of Bullet Club angle. But honestly, I don't really care. The Rumble match itself will be super fun. Even with a finish I don't like, the path to get there will be unpredictable and worth it. 

1 hour ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Brock seems like a chill guy in these videos.

I also read somewhere that the HHH vs Rollins might not be a lock.

Apparently they want Finn vs Seth

Match makes sense, and the match would be killer, but having Finn start with anything short of a title feud (not necessarily a run, but at least a shot) is a wasted opportunity. Fans will hate it if Roman beats KO, but imagine that Mania pop if Finn pins Reigns in the main event as a heel?! That shit would blow the walls down. 

2 hours ago, axlslash said:

Match makes sense, and the match would be killer, but having Finn start with anything short of a title feud (not necessarily a run, but at least a shot) is a wasted opportunity. Fans will hate it if Roman beats KO, but imagine that Mania pop if Finn pins Reigns in the main event as a heel?! That shit would blow the walls down. 

I'd be ok with having Seth win the title asap and then having Finn win it off Seth at Mania. I'd be VERY ok with that. Give me that match and AJ-Joe for the WWE title and I'm FINE with the entire rest of the lineup. 

40 minutes ago, username said:

I'd be ok with having Seth win the title asap and then having Finn win it off Seth at Mania. I'd be VERY ok with that. Give me that match and AJ-Joe for the WWE title and I'm FINE with the entire rest of the lineup. 

I absolutely agree - but how do we get there? Presumably Joe winning the Rumble and challenging AJ, but how do we get the title to Rollins with Finn at Mania? Either Roman or Owens will leave the Rumble with the belt. There's only Fastlane for Rae between RR and Mania, and the HHH feud has to pay off somewhere... I just don't see how it happens.