Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

24 minutes ago, Bono said:

I would've liked Triple H's win last year had it come with a different story line but it was too predictable what they were trying to do with it.  Kinda like how Jericho winning the US title is cool but sucks because we know it was less about Jericho winning it and more about getting it off Reigns so he can win the Universal title. 

Personally I think Cena should beat AJ for the title in heel fashion. Cheat to win it, then have Undertaker win the Rumble. That sets up a perfect Mania match with Face Taker going for the title in his last ever match vs legit heel Cena. Taker wins then retires on RAW the next night, everyone is happy but fuck apparently they've moved away from Cena/Taker at Mania. Just dumb. I get trying to put over newer talent but sometimes the stories write themselves and it's beyond rare that you'd have this opportunity with a guy like Taker at the end of his career and with Cena finally after all these years being heel. It's a no brainer in my opinion. 

Jericho just inked a new deal, or so he said on TIJ this week. He could obviously be working us, but I wouldn't assume that Owens/KO is necessarily ending at Mania or going as they'd planned... I'll be curious to see how the RR PPV plays out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Hopefully Omega appears at the Rumble

Yeah, NJPW would appreciate the money after he breaches the contract in the lawsuit afterwards. 

8 hours ago, username said:

2012 - Sheamus, ok, in fairness this was fairly successful, I just never liked him. 

When they had him beat Bryan in 16 seconds at Mania? That was a success, just not for Sheamus and not what WWE intended.

Edited by AtariLegend

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

Yeah, NJPW would appreciate the money after he breaches the contract in the lawsuit afterwards. 

When they had him beat Bryan in 16 seconds at Mania? That was a success, just not for Sheamus and not what WWE intended.

And then they wanted to do Sheamus vs Bryan again at Mania 30!

• Like 1

“Normally the contracts expire on January 31st, but because of [the talent raid] situation, a lot of guys went under unique deals. And a lot of guys were signed immediately at that point, and their contract dates started at January 6th, 7th or 8th. A couple of guys were under unique deals. I was one of them.”

“If a company like WWE were willing to use me in that manner, if they had good ideas for me, and I had good ideas that jive with that, I would heavily consider that.”

- Kenny Omega

Pentagon Jr. has left AAA. They own the right to his name, so he will perform as Penta Cero Miedo in his indy bookings. He joins Fenix, Sexy Star, and Jack Evans as stars to leave AAA in the past several months. Many of them have headed to Konan's new territory, making this all the more interesting. 

The other big question is what this means for his status at Lucha Underground, which AAA works closely with. Pentagon won the LU title at Ultima Lucha Tres, which will not air until the current season returns in the summer. New shows won't tape until late 2017, so there's a huge delay in finding out what will happen going forward.

26 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Can they turn Baylee heel, please? Her interview with Graves was unlistenable and forced, until she found that edge at the end. I feel like Bayley turning heel eventually would be a ton of fun and make her promos way less contrived. 

I agree, Bayleys promos sound so forced.

Well, Smackdown wins the week once again. Excellent show last night. I would watch a 2hr show that's just Cena and AJ. Holy shit, that was picture perfect blending of kayfabe and reality in every way. I don't even fucking care who wins anymore. The build has been perfect, the match will be excellent. I'd prefer that AJ take the belt to Mania, but if Cena wins, so be it.

18 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Yeah, definitely looking forward to that match. Could be the best WWE produces this year. AJ has 2 1v1 wins and 1 Triple threat win over Cena. I'm sad to say Cena is probably due.

Cena over AJ. Rumble goes to Finn (more on that in a moment). Cena retains at Elimination Chamber. AJ invokes rematch clause. AJ takes the belt back in Orlando, while the Good Brothers and Finn also win their belts back. Bullet Club takes over WWE. Am I a fantasy booking internet smark? You're goddamn right.

According to PWI, Balor is ahead of recovery schedule. He has an evaluation this week that quite likely could clear him for a return to the ring. You do the math.