Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Just watched it. Of all the fucking great possibilities they had with a stacked Rumble they give that fucking bullshit all at the end and  have Orton win it? Randy fucking Orton? One of, if not the most boring superstars ever. Roman enters #1 last year and #30 this year? FUCK OFF! What an absolute shit Rumble. 

8 hours ago, Gackt said:

Cena vs Orton
Reigns vs Undertaker
Goldberg vs Lesnar 2
Big Show vs Shaq

:facepalm:

Best possible scenario now is changing it to Orton-Bray and another round of Cena-AJ with AJ coming out on top. 

What about the RAW side of things though? It'd make sense for Roman to go after Strowman and I'd like that match for Mania. Or at least I'd prefer it to Reigns-Taker. Leaving us with... KO-Jericho for the belt? But then I have no clue who they want for Taker. 

Bluh, given the opportunities this Royal Rumble could have gone better. The matches were great (the rumble itself ok), but the booking implications....meh. 

Edited by username

If the card is something like;

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar

Triple H vs. Seth Rollins

A.J. Styles vs. Shane

Big Show vs. Shaq

Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt

I'm not watching it live this year, I'm going to sleep. Just so uninspiring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

I still don't know what to actually think about that Rumble match.

It was weak. Only debut we got was Dillinger, which was awesome. But still. No surprises otherwise. Taker looked rough as hell and I've read his surgery that he was going to put off is more necessary than he suspected and him at Mania might not happen now. Based on how he moved around and worked last night I can't imagine how he would pull off a full high profile match. 

15 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Cena won't retain the belt at Elimination Chamber.

Last thursday night i was given "information" that orton would win the rumble, wyatt wins the title at elimination chamber and loses it to orton at wrestlemania. Bookies over here gave the price of 10/1 for orton to win the rumble last thursday. I had to have a small wager.

57 minutes ago, BrayWyatt said:

Last thursday night i was given "information" that orton would win the rumble, wyatt wins the title at elimination chamber and loses it to orton at wrestlemania. Bookies over here gave the price of 10/1 for orton to win the rumble last thursday. I had to have a small wager.

Thats what I heard as well.

I'm heading to Wrestlemania this year so I'm hoping its Orton/Wyatt over Orton/Cena.

Randy vs Aj would be a dream match though.

45 minutes ago, luciusfunk said:

Am I the only one who doesn't give two shits about Tye Dillinger?

Tye Dillinger's matches in NXT have been pretty entertaining.

25 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Randy vs Aj would be a dream match though.

Dream matches don't have Orton in them. His current run is ok, but I've always thought he's terribly bland. 

For Mania I'm guessing: 

Owens - Jericho (Universal Title) 

Reigns - Strowman (maybe put the US title on either of them at Fastlane?)

Orton - Wyatt (WWE title)

Ambrose - Miz (IC title) 

Seth - Trips 

Bork - Berg

Show - Shaq 

Then there's 2 or 4 women's matches and 2 tag title matches. I feel either the RAW or Smackdown women's match will be a fatal fourway or something.

So... maybe...

Cena - Taker

AJ - Shane (booooooo)

Which leaves Corbin, Zayn, Ziggler, Rusev, Enzo & Cass, New Day, Crews, Harper and some more jobbers in the Andre Battle Royal. 

That's a pretty uninspired card imo... :( 

1 hour ago, username said:

Dream matches don't have Orton in them. His current run is ok, but I've always thought he's terribly bland. 

For Mania I'm guessing: 

Owens - Jericho (Universal Title) 

Reigns - Strowman (maybe put the US title on either of them at Fastlane?)

Orton - Wyatt (WWE title)

Ambrose - Miz (IC title) 

Seth - Trips 

Bork - Berg

Show - Shaq 

Then there's 2 or 4 women's matches and 2 tag title matches. I feel either the RAW or Smackdown women's match will be a fatal fourway or something.

So... maybe...

Cena - Taker

AJ - Shane (booooooo)

Which leaves Corbin, Zayn, Ziggler, Rusev, Enzo & Cass, New Day, Crews, Harper and some more jobbers in the Andre Battle Royal. 

That's a pretty uninspired card imo... :( 

Not the worst, not the best

Hopefully the experience and atmosphere of seeing it live makes up for it.

Watched the end of the Rumble again. I thought people were exaggerating, but Taker did not good at all. He was moving slowly and it was only hid by the fact that people were running into him. 

Doesn't look in good shape too, weight wise.

I still don't get the point of putting Lesnar and Goldberg in it.

3 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

So...Rollins vs Samoa Joe at next Raw PPV, if Rollins wins, he gets HHH at Mania? I'm assuming Smackdown isn't the only show with a PPV between now and Mania. 

SD has Elimination Chamber, RAW has Fastlane. Both before Mania. 

Also, I HATE this. I love Joe, but so far they ruined Rollins and to a lesser extent KO with the authority connection. People are sick of it. Rollins-Trips should have permanently ended it. Please don't ruin Joe too by making him one of Trips' cronies. 

Edited by username

8 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Not the worst, not the best

Hopefully the experience and atmosphere of seeing it live makes up for it.

The experience of being their live trumps everything. Everyone hated last year's Mania. I was there in person. It was fucking awesome.  You don't go to Wrestlemania for any other reason than the experience and it won't let you down. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, username said:

This 100%. He's one of the most boring, least interesting main players of all time. Personally think it was a horrid decision to have him win the Rumble. Should've had Wyatt eliminate Reigns and then have Orton and Wyatt stare each other down and have Wyatt smile as Orton steps over the top rope and eliminates himself.  Then have Orton win the title at EC and there's your story.  The way they did was bullshit. 

7 hours ago, username said:

SD has Elimination Chamber, RAW has Fastlane. Both before Mania. 

Also, I HATE this. I love Joe, but so far they ruined Rollins and to a lesser extent KO with the authority connection. People are sick of it. Rollins-Trips should have permanently ended it. Please don't ruin Joe too by making him one of Trips' cronies. 

Thanks. I don't follow much of Raw, so I wasn't sure what their pre-Mania PPV was. 

Cool that Joe showed up.

Still so much for WWE developmental though? It's basically another top WWE feud with two former ROH wrestlers. Not that anyone should be complaining.

Joe shouldn't lose though, Joe vs. Lesnar is a worthy SummerSlam! main event level match for later down the road. All they have to do is not have Joe go 50/50 with everyone...

Edited by AtariLegend