Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

30 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

Not much a fan of Goldberg but that interaction with him putting himself on The List was awesome. I loved it. Jericho sold it perfectly. 

Jericho's sell on that was far and away the highlight of Raw this week. Which isn't saying much. But still. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gunner55 said:

Not much a fan of Goldberg but that interaction with him putting himself on The List was awesome. I loved it. Jericho sold it perfectly. 

I've never been a Goldberg fan, completely over-hyped and over-rated.  However, that was a great bit.  

• Like 1

Goldberg is a throwback to the old Warrior days. He's a big burly monster. He hits hard. I definitely miss the days where he didn't say anything but "who's next?" and "you're next." He's not great at promos, he just yells. But regardless, it's nice to have him back. I was a scrawny 4th grade nerd when I first got into wrestling, and for me as a Jewish kid to see a guy named Goldberg kicking ass and taking names week in and week out on Nitro and Thunder was amazing. I remember watching wide-eyed when he pinned Hollywood Hogan to win the big gold belt. So is it a cheap nostalgia piece to get cheap pops? Yup. But do I pop every time his music hits? You're goddamn right I do. 

17 minutes ago, axlslash said:

I remember watching wide-eyed when he pinned Hollywood Hogan to win the big gold belt. 

Yeah, this was just epic as fuck. But looking back the booking (with him having to face Hall first because Hogan said so) was stupid. Especially because JJ Dillon had ordered him (for not having defended it for too long) to face Goldberg the previous Thunder. Regardless, 13yo me marked the fuck out jumping on the couch. 

Edited by username
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, username said:

Yeah, this was just epic as fuck. But looking back the booking (with him having to face Hall first because Hogan said so) was stupid. Especially because JJ Dillon had ordered him (for not having defended it for too long) to face Goldberg the previous Thunder. Regardless, 13yo me marked the fuck out jumping on the couch. 

WCW had many questionable booking decisions lol

• Like 1

18 hours ago, moreblack said:

"Not if you've watched WCPW"

- King Ross

Ross used to be my favorite person on the channel, but he's gotten so over-the-top with the catch phrases and graphics. Sometimes it's funny but so often it just makes me want to push my fingers into my eyes...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Bullet Club 4 Life baybay...

I'm pumped I got tickets to the War of The Worlds show (ROH/NJPW).

I'm a little pissed that the Bucks spoiled this on twitter, especially because it might be spoiling the Decade of Excellence tournament, but that's outweighed by the fact that it's absolutely the right booking call for all parties involved. I'm not gonna be able to make Manhattan Meyhem and it fucking kills me. I'm hoping I might be able to get to another show soon if they're in the tri-state area again, though, because this roster is firing on all cylinders. 

I enjoyed it. Don't like how they still mention punishing steel outside the ring when it's padded now. Granted I sure as hell wouldn't wanna bump on that still and it opens it up for some cool outside the ring moments without killing themselves. Happy with the winner, not happy with where that leaves Mania. But that's just because of Orton.