Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

10 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

I still can't believe that this guy is spending a 2nd year in WWE developmental instead of on the main card at Wrestlemania working a match with Cena.

https://rutube.ru/video/0b7a3d52020e9abcc792798a8d32c156/

...while making main roster main event money. Shin will have his day on the main roster. He's in a group of guys that work NXT but don't actually train at the PC (Joe was in that crew too, as is Roode). He's "in developmental" for reasons beyond his ability (most likely to help train the young'ns). 

There's no logical reason for him to be in NXT. Headlining house shows in front of a few hundred people is ridiculous for someone who had headlined  3 Tokyo Dome shows more than a decade ago. House shows in small buildings aren't indicative of drawing ability.

He's now in his late 30's. He probably won't be around for a decade. It's such a waste. It was a waste to for Devitt and Joe to spend years there too.

In other news; for those that didn't watch the New Beginning's main event; NJPW just got another 5 star rating from Meltzer. 

Edited by AtariLegend

Jack Swagger for the modern era. Ziggler/The Great Khali had a fairly terrible reign, but Swagger was just ridiculous from the get go.

Bryan had 2/3 fairly bad reigns, but that was more down to silly booking. Mysterio was a disastrous champion, again more due to booking; the fans still treated him like a star. Bryan and Mysterio didn't almost kill the company.

Reigns was a disaster as a draw, but not as bad as Nash. Nash was famously the worst draw of 90's as Diesel. WWF almost crashed and burned with him pre Attitude era. 

I won't count the 80's/70's stuff, since they all had to be stars to hold it.

As for WCW;

It's harder to say. The likes of Bret Hart, DDP, The Big Show and almost everyone you remember from WCW held the title then passed it around every few weeks or days. There were alot of terrible reigns; again see Nash and sadly Flair.

Steiner was the champion when they went out of business, but it's not his fault.

Benoit maybe? Won the title, then within 24 hours quit and went to WWF. Seems the obvious choice. 

Edited by AtariLegend

For WCW I was thinking Jeff Jarrett. 

I'd forgotten about Khali. 

Was Diesel really that bad? I don't really remember. I'm reading old Observers and they're talking about putting the belt back on Nash because Backlund was such a terrible champion. 

I don't remember Swagger's reign (probably why you think he was the worst lol), but I think I might say Del Rio. 

House show attendance bombed under Diesel. He was infamous for being a disaster as a draw, despite the long reign. Diesel only had 1 run btw, it was after beating Backlund.

Those used to be called the dark days. The company barely made the attitude era.

As for Jarret, it really could be said for any number of the WCW guys. Though in Jarret's check box, is that he was never a star. He was a midcarder who got the title because of people like Russo.

Edited by AtariLegend

7 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

If Devit actually passes a medical or has, then put him against A.J.

I'm assuming he's passed a medical.

I have tickets to one of the live events and got an email that Finn Balor has been added. I checked the website and he's there too. (Kinda ruins a surprise return doesn't it?)

Edited by PsychoKiss344

44 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Finn Balor was just added to the March live events, get ready folks.

I want this match. A lot. But doesn't that feel rushed? Don't two Bullet Club leaders deserve a better/longer build? Not to mention that Finn is on RAW and AJ on Smackdown? And it also abandons any comeback storyline with the Universal title they could throw Finn in first. 

3 minutes ago, username said:

I want this match. A lot. But doesn't that feel rushed? Don't two Bullet Club leaders deserve a better/longer build? Not to mention that Finn is on RAW and AJ on Smackdown? And it also abandons any comeback storyline with the Universal title they could throw Finn in first. 

Agreed BUT I'd take anything over the Shane/Aj match.

There are some rumours out there for a brand vs brand match (Finn vs Aj) ? Who knows.

Edited by PsychoKiss344

10 hours ago, moreblack said:

So much heat for Owens last night. That crowd haaaated him!

4 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

He's finally a legit heel.

One of the best "turns" I've seen in a long, long time. I don't often feel legit emotions from wrestling these days, especially on turns you know are coming, but that tore my heart out. Magnificently executed. 

• Like 1