Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

6 minutes ago, moreblack said:

I love this, NJPW protects their finishers really well. Everybody has to counter it, because once it does hit, it's usually over.

Definitely! I wish WWE did this more. Instead everybody now kicks out of everybody else's finisher 3 times in a match. It's getting more and more ridiculous. 

9 minutes ago, moreblack said:

I love this, NJPW protects their finishers really well. Everybody has to counter it, because once it does hit, it's usually over.

Would like, if it wasn't for the English commentary clips being from some annoying fan who uploads videos to dailymotion :P.

Alot of great fights there. I hope people checked out more than just Okada vs. Omega over the past while. 

17 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Is it true The Rock called out CM Punk?

I thought CM Punk quit the WWE?

No. The Rock was there filming for a movie and while he was in the ring, he called Punk's phone and left a voicemail. 

Punk quit in January 2014 and claims he will never go back. He did tweet that it was nice to hear the Staples Center cheering for him, though. 

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Is it true The Rock called out CM Punk?

I thought CM Punk quit the WWE?

The Rock is producing a movie about Paige's life. And the finale is her match vs AJ Lee, they filmed it after Raw on Monday and Rock came out to direct the crowd to do some cheers, boos etc. And when he asked them to chant the names of the performers, since it's AJ Lee, of course the crowd has to chant CM Punk. Which then prompted him to call him out of the blue. But only got voice mail.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, username said:

Shane screwing AJ to set up AJ-Shane and Bray/Orton/Harper for the belt? 

That's what I'm thinking.

I wish they would do something better with Aj.

3 minutes ago, moreblack said:

The Rock is producing a movie about Paige's life. And the finale is her match vs AJ Lee, they filmed it after Raw on Monday and Rock came out to direct the crowd to do some cheers, boos etc. And when he asked them to chant the names of the performers, since it's AJ Lee, of course the crowd has to chant CM Punk. Which then prompted him to call him out of the blue. But only got voice mail.

Do you imagine the pop if CM Punk ever came back

Okada is the best wrestler in the world today. Period. Wherever he works is going to produce the best matches because they have the best worker. If he came to WWE, you'd wish everyone was there to work with him. If AJ and Shin face off at Mania, I trust that it will be every bit as good of a match as their WK10 showdown.

I would keep Finn off TV until RAW after Mania, but I won't complain about getting him back sooner. 

Nak vs. A.J. wouldn't be as good as their Wrestle Kingdom match for the simple fact that WWE does WWE style. It's not about professional wrestling, it's sports entertainment. They'd get shorter time than they did at NJPW despite it being probably a 7 hour show (with pre show) with some silly gimmickry and bad commentary. Fans chanting this is awesome and other dumb stuff.

It'd be better than anything else on the show though, that's for sure. Nak's entrance would be great.

A.J. will probably still get Shane and Nakamura who excluding Wrestlemania shows was headling bigger shows in front of bigger crowds than most of the roster more than a decade ago will be working the Takeover show :question:.

I'm a big Nakamura fan, but I'm actually surprised more people haven't been underwhelmed by his NXT show fights. He's doing alot less in those fight than he ever did in Japan too. 

Edited by AtariLegend

As an avid TNA fan who loves how many different characters Cody is playing right now, my biggest question mark going into last night was whether Impact was gonna get Bullet Club Cody or not. This moment right here popped me good and hard. Curious to see what happens now that TNA is working with NOAH, while BC is a NJPW/ROH trademark  

IMG_3675.png

https://mobile.twitter.com/WAManeuver/status/834933958039207936 

Edited by axlslash

1 hour ago, axlslash said:

This moment right here popped me good and hard. Curious to see what happens now that TNA is working with NOAH

Not much. NOAH is on it's last legs. NJPW got rid of their shares in NOAH (they used own a big stake in it) and now NOAH only have Nakajima left. Marufuji/Shiozaki who are running it are getting up there in age and casual American fans probably have no idea who they are.

Bullet Club is owned by NJPW, they let CMLL/ROH/Revolution Pro use it because of their working agreement. NJPW aren't going to let TNA anywhere near it.

What they should do at Fastlane is have Jericho keep his promise to always have KO's back and he should interfer costing Goldberg the match allowing Owens to remain champion. Then Jericho should demand a title shot at Wrestlemania where Jericho wins and embarks on one last world / Universal title reign. Yeah yeah he's old and they should be putting over new talent but Jericho with the universal title and the US tiitle would be absolute gold and he could in turn drop both titles at separate events in the turn putting ver a young up and comer ina  big way. 

I actually think Owens needs to win the Wrestlemania match. I mean Owens has literally beat no one near the top the card without inference. He's basically a midcarder (like most of them) who either job or win via dusty finish.

He actually needs a meaningful clean win. Zayn doesn't count. To be honest Jericho barely does either at this point, but at least it'd help.

• Like 1