Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

8 hours ago, axlslash said:

I wouldn't put too much on the title change in terms of what it means for Cole's future. Could it be? Sure. But the story with CD was *so* perfectly teed up. I think he told ROH when he plans to hang up the boots,  and they wanted to get him the big strap before he does. I would not be at all surprised if the long-term plan (assuming Cole stays) is a long feud with the Bullet Club, where Daniels retains over a few of them (Kazarian for sure, probably Cody too) before a title vs career match against Cole where Cole gets the belt back and retires CD. Or maybe let Kazarian do the honors. Either way, that's where I see this going. Could obviously be wrong. 

I just finished actually watching the match. Obviously Kazarian is no longer in Bullet Club after that, so strike the part where he could be the one to run Daniels out. If Cole sticks around and stays in the Cliz, let him retire Daniels. If he leaves or if Omega really does run him out of the Club, let it be Cody and use that to propel him into the new US club leader position. 

Omega is a clearly face at the minute who just happens to be leader of a heel faction. If Cole leaves for WWE and Omega leaves Bullet Club which is obviously coming, they have to end the faction. Makes no sense to give Cody the lead role, when he's not working NJPW full time.

LIJ is supposedly out selling Bullet Club for merch in Japan at the minute and the stable's went on too long. I'd have to think the end is near for it, before it really does become a NWO parody. 

Edited by AtariLegend

Sweet. They're calling Rollins the Kingslayer. I mentioned that weeks ago. 

Call me crazy, but after last night part of me wants a Foley/HHH feud even though I know it would be terrible. 

16 hours ago, axlslash said:

He requested it, but they put out a statement saying it hadn't been granted. I think it was coming, but he started taking indy bookings before it was made official so Vinny had to swing his dick around and remind Jack who controls the industry. Carny wrestlecrap at its finest. 

I didn't realize he hadn't been granted his release at the time. 

I don't know what WWE were thinking if the dirt sheets are right. Original plan was Taker interfering with Reigns/Strowman at Fastlane with Strowman winning, then Finn returning on Raw the next night. According to these reports, at the last minute, they chose to put Roman over Strowman and put off Taker until Raw. They allegedly didn't want Taker and Finn returning the same night, so they put off Finn's debut. 

Here we are. Braun feels like he's lost his heat, Roman feels forced again, and Finn is nowhere to be seen. Ugh. 

9 hours ago, axlslash said:

I don't know what WWE were thinking if the dirt sheets are right. Original plan was Taker interfering with Reigns/Strowman at Fastlane with Strowman winning, then Finn returning on Raw the next night. According to these reports, at the last minute, they chose to put Roman over Strowman and put off Taker until Raw. They allegedly didn't want Taker and Finn returning the same night, so they put off Finn's debut. 

Here we are. Braun feels like he's lost his heat, Roman feels forced again, and Finn is nowhere to be seen. Ugh. 

Blugh. You have Balor, Joe, Strowman, Zayn and Rusev and NONE of them are in Mania programs (or even programs) yet. On top of that AJ is in the worst program imaginable, the guy nobody wants is going to retire Taker and the Universal title is on a 50 year old part-timer who only has matches under a minute and he'll defend against another part-timer. 

7 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

I don't think Finn is going to be at Mania at this point.

JR thinks Lesnar will hold the belt for an entire year until next years Mania and Roman will win it off him lol.

Surely this will het Roman over....

I wonder if they'll have Hogan, HBK, Rock, Stone Cold and Bret come out post-match to endorse Roman. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, username said:

Blugh. You have Balor, Joe, Strowman, Zayn and Rusev and NONE of them are in Mania programs (or even programs) yet. On top of that AJ is in the worst program imaginable, the guy nobody wants is going to retire Taker and the Universal title is on a 50 year old part-timer who only has matches under a minute and he'll defend against another part-timer. 

Surely this will het Roman over....

I wonder if they'll have Hogan, HBK, Rock, Stone Cold and Bret come out post-match to endorse Roman. 

"You're the Hitman, now"

"You're the toughest SOB, now"

"Whatcha gonna do when all these Romaniacs run all over you?"

"You're Mr. Wrestlemania, now"

2 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

"You're the Hitman, now"

"You're the toughest SOB, now"

"Whatcha gonna do when all these Romaniacs run all over you?"

"You're Mr. Wrestlemania, now"

If they can use this angle to heat Roman up for a heel run, im perfectly happy with that.

And here's an unpopular opinion: I'm affirmatively enjoying and looking forward to the Shane-AJ match. Seeing Mr TNA throw a MeekMahan face-first through a car window was cool, and (assuming AJ goes over, which is the only way this makes sense) the payoff at Mania will be a nice way to cap off a high-flying spotfest. 

• Like 1

Michaels would, he still works for them.

Hogan would do anything if paid. He'd call Jinder Mahal the greatest of all time for a nights paycheck.

Austin would have doubts, but still do it. If you listen to him on his podcast, he's very careful about criticizes now. Seems to enjoy anything above mediocre, just like the casual fans.

Bret though wouldn't, I don't think. Bret does seem to say what he thinks at times, regardless of whether he's talking about a fan favorite or not. 

Edited by AtariLegend

36 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Michaels would, he still works for them.

Hogan would do anything if paid. He'd call Jinder Mahal the greatest of all time for a nights paycheck.

Austin would have doubts, but still do it. If you listen to him on his podcast, he's very careful about criticizes now. Seems to enjoy anything above mediocre, just like the casual fans.

Bret though wouldn't, I don't think. Bret does seem to say what he thinks at times, regardless of whether he's talking about a fan favorite or not. 

Sweet Chin into a Stunner into a Sharp Shooter into the big leg drop?

I'd pay hundreds to see that.

Edited by PsychoKiss344

43 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Sweet Chin into a Stunner into a Sharp Shooter into the big leg drop?

I'd pay hundreds to see that.

Could happen. But only if Roman pushes up out of the sharpshooter into a Samoan Drop, Superman Punches everyone, spears them all, stacks them up, and pins them all. 

• Like 2

On 15-3-2017 at 1:57 AM, PsychoKiss344 said:

JR thinks Lesnar will hold the belt for an entire year until next years Mania and Roman will win it off him lol.

Meltzer said the same thing. I can't even begin to explain how terrible this idea is. 

1 hour ago, username said:

Meltzer said the same thing. I can't even begin to explain how terrible this idea is. 

Honestly who's more credible than Lesnar? His last run as champion was hardly disastrous (the follow up was though).

Most the regulars have held it, it means nothing. Owens? Can you remember many of his 9 defenses against the same few people? Rollins held the title for ages, lost 19 matches in a row.

No comment on the Reigns part...

20 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Honestly who's more credible than Lesnar? His last run as champion was hardly disastrous (the follow up was though).

Most the regulars have held it, it means nothing. Owens? Can you remember many of his 9 defenses against the same few people? Rollins held the title for ages, lost 19 matches in a row.

I'm not saying Lesnar as a champ isn't credible. I'm saying that having Reigns beat him at Mania after a long reign in another truly desperate (and futile) attempt to get him over is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Rollins could have had a great run but the whole authority storyline got old real quick, he deserves another run with a belt.

listen to this crowd reaction compared to reigns.

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

So we've gone from Devitt, Steen and Styles having title runs, to going back to Orton, Goldberg and Lesnar? OK. Styles should throw Vince thru the car window.

Devitt will get it back - he beat Roman Reigns clean in his debut, don't think he won't be getting another big push. I'm genuinely unsure what to expect from the World Title match - Orton feels right in some ways, Bray in others, and Bray pinned Cena clean twice. WWE might just be coming around on ol' Husky.

I have no problem with Brock taking the belt. KO will have the US belt, and he and that title can elevate each other as the top everyday guy/strap when Brock isn't there. If Brock gets pushed as the "prize fighter" champ who only shows up on special occasions, then KO can demand a "Prize Fighter vs Prize Fighter" match for the belt. I understand the gut check to say "they're doing 2015 again," but I don't see it. I think they're using Taker to turn him, and that changes the game as far as his future. I know I often give WWE too much benefit of the doubt, but they put the rocket on Devitt before, and Joe is there now... I don't see them hiding the belt away for a year and letting them go without reigns for another Roman push. I really don't. 

That said, belts are for guys who can't get over with character. Steen, Styles, and Devitt are all over as fuck.