Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

Poor Paige. Just been to reddit. 

Thought it was nonsense, but nope...

I watched the videos just to make sure :book:. I don't think Rock will include them in the film.

Brad Fucking Maddox. Holy shit. Lol 

This thing with Paige really does show the double standard of our society. People are worried this will ruin her career, and all that. She's basically being shamed for it even  though a lot of people are feeling bad for her. Meanwhile Xavier Woods and Brad Maddox come out looking like fucking rock stars. Nobody is saying poor them.  I don't really have an opinion on it other than I was hoping it wasn't true just because I like Paige and hope she comes back as a big star in WWE but given how WWE treat people with this kind of unwanted publicity it's hard to see that happen now. I wonder if there will be any fall out for Woods. Can't imagine they put him on tv this week. 

Why in the fuck do people keep this shit on their phones? It's unreal how nobody ever learns. 

• Like 2

Honestly think Madox comes across as really sleazy. 

I wish no harm on Xavier, but if Paige faces fallout... he should too. I think the fact that Rock is making a film about Paige's life will make it very difficult for WWE to be too reactionary about this though. 

14 hours ago, Bono said:

This thing with Paige really does show the double standard of our society. People are worried this will ruin her career, and all that. She's basically being shamed for it even  though a lot of people are feeling bad for her. Meanwhile Xavier Woods and Brad Maddox come out looking like fucking rock stars. Nobody is saying poor them.  I don't really have an opinion on it other than I was hoping it wasn't true just because I like Paige and hope she comes back as a big star in WWE but given how WWE treat people with this kind of unwanted publicity it's hard to see that happen now. I wonder if there will be any fall out for Woods. Can't imagine they put him on tv this week. 

Why in the fuck do people keep this shit on their phones? It's unreal how nobody ever learns. 

The only thing people should be shamed for is keeping this shit on their phones or in their cloud services. That's just dumb these days. Other than that, Paige deserves exactly the same fallout Woods or Maddox might get, no more. 

Also, I'm a horrible person for saying this, but I always thought Paige would be into sticking it in the pooper. :ph34r:

Also, I imagine Vince to be the kind of guy that plays all the video's on the big screen in the board room at the start of the meeting about this situation. 

Edited by username

Read on reddit that there's another video coming out tonight. This one is Summer Rae and some guy. This is all really unfortunate for everyone involved but as a huge fan of Paige and Summer's looks, holy fucking shit I can't believe this is happening. Best weekend ever. 

It is going to Shibata vs. Okada. There's not much WWE equivalence, but I guess imagine if Cena/Orton in the past 13 years or so hadn't ever had a main event program, Orton had beaten everyone down the years except Cena, but never held the title despite being pushed just as strong and only had 1 singles match years ago. Obviously Shibata/Okada are much better, but you get the point.

3 hours ago, username said:

Smarky crowds

Not criticism of you, but the term smarky crowd in 2017. It's really silly. It's basically just cities that still watch Wrestling where the company still draws wrestling fans i.e New York, Chicago, Philadelphia and Toronto. 

It's such a cynical term. 

17 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Not criticism of you, but the term smarky crowd in 2017. It's really silly. It's basically just cities that still watch Wrestling where the company still draws wrestling fans i.e New York, Chicago, Philadelphia and Toronto. 

Regardless of what you call them, these are definitely the kind of crowds that are prone to taking over shows with certain chants. More so than the average crowd. 

Edited by username

WWE should absolutely book Jericho to win at Mania. Owens can handle the loss. Jericho is by far the most over guy on the roster right now which is insane and he absolutely deserves one last big push. He's also one of the old timers that fans would have no problem with getting a push. It would've been way better if Jericho had cost Goldberg allowing Owens to keep the Universal title making Owens vs Jericho at Mania title for title. Then Have Jericho become Universal champion with a semi long reign to SummerSlam where he could lose to to Finn Balor or someone.  It would've been awesome and fans would have loved it. 

On 3/20/2017 at 9:48 AM, AtariLegend said:

If you chant "CM PUNK!" for no reason other than Hunter being in the ring, you deserve to be called a smark with all of the negative connotations it carries. Brooklyn earned the title of "smarky crowd" last night. If you're a fan, at least respond to what's happening instead of that disruptive nonsense. 

But no. That's just being a fan. Guess when I go to my next indy show, I should start a Punk chant to show what a fan I am. 

8 hours ago, Bono said:

WWE should absolutely book Jericho to win at Mania. Owens can handle the loss. Jericho is by far the most over guy on the roster right now which is insane and he absolutely deserves one last big push. He's also one of the old timers that fans would have no problem with getting a push. It would've been way better if Jericho had cost Goldberg allowing Owens to keep the Universal title making Owens vs Jericho at Mania title for title. Then Have Jericho become Universal champion with a semi long reign to SummerSlam where he could lose to to Finn Balor or someone.  It would've been awesome and fans would have loved it. 

I think Jericho is likely sticking around until the end of May (he's touring the US with Fozzy that month, but conspicuously doesn't have any Monday shows). I'd let Jericho go over at Mania, with a post-match beat down from Joe and KO, then KO go over at the next Raw PPV to send y2J off the right way: putting his real-life friend over. 

How spectacular are those two?! They got a building full of Brooklyn smarks to boo the charismatic indy-darling heel. I'd watch 3hrs of JeriKO and never complain once. 

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

I would agree about Jericho winning IF he were the one chasing the title. My thinking was always that Owens would beat him bad and he'd not appear for a while again, basically freeing him to tour the spring/summer with Fozzy.

Agreed, and I think that's what they'll do. I just think they let the feud go past Mania. Sort of like they did with AJ last year. KO will still get the rub, just not yet. 

3 hours ago, axlslash said:

If you chant "CM PUNK!" for no reason other than Hunter being in the ring, you deserve to be called a smark with all of the negative connotations it carries.

What even is smark? It's some bizarre term only people on wrestling forums use. 

Hunter drove of many people's favorites wrestler. One of the most popular stars of that generation, of course they're not going to forget. 

It took many years for people to forget what happened with Bret, it'll be a decade before the Punk chants stop at least.

Edited by AtariLegend

4 hours ago, axlslash said:

If you chant "CM PUNK!" for no reason other than Hunter being in the ring, you deserve to be called a smark with all of the negative connotations it carries. Brooklyn earned the title of "smarky crowd" last night. If you're a fan, at least respond to what's happening instead of that disruptive nonsense. 

But no. That's just being a fan. Guess when I go to my next indy show, I should start a Punk chant to show what a fan I am. 

I think Jericho is likely sticking around until the end of May (he's touring the US with Fozzy that month, but conspicuously doesn't have any Monday shows). I'd let Jericho go over at Mania, with a post-match beat down from Joe and KO, then KO go over at the next Raw PPV to send y2J off the right way: putting his real-life friend over. 

How spectacular are those two?! They got a building full of Brooklyn smarks to boo the charismatic indy-darling heel. I'd watch 3hrs of JeriKO and never complain once. 

I agree. It's so god damn stupid. I'm watching that promo last night and the crowd starts chanting some irrelevant name. It's so annoying and just ruins the vibe. It makes it seem as if the fans don't give two fucking shits about what's going on in the ring. Say what you want about Triple H but the guy comes out and cuts a better promo than anyone on the roster aside from maybe Jericho. He's the real deal and these jackasses in the stands are chanting for the most overrated guy of all time(my opinion) and for what?

Jericho and Owens are gold and holy fucking shit how good do you gotta be to get a list on a  clip board over with the fans. I mean listen to the pop from the crowd when Jericho utters the words "Do you know what happens when...... "   Then they pop again when he gets out the pen and when he does put them on the list they pop again even louder. People are cheering for a piece of fucking paper because of Jericho and then when Owens ripped it up they booed haha! 

Time for one of them hot takes: Shane gets an enormous gold star. This dude is a middle-aged executive with the company. He's mega-popular as on-screen talent, gets that big pop every time his music hits, but he doesn't even need to be on TV in his role with the company. But he chooses to. Within that, he could just come out, do his "here's what's happening tonight" promos, get talent over and further storylines, then go home. That's what Steph does. But Shane *chooses* to get in the ring. And not just getting in, but bumping like a MOTHERFUCKER. Last night he did the long-range elbow drop - not in a match, not at Mania, just in a segment to *set up* a match. With these huge setup spots, this is going to have to be a street fight / no-DQ with a handful of Shane's patented suicidal spots, all with the purpose of getting AJ over. I don't give a fuck if this is the match you want to see AJ in or if you think this is below him. Shane is going to put his goddamn body on the line to make you appreciate AJ Styles. A goddamn McMahon is going to do that. Props to him. 

• Like 1