Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Any time anyone thinks Shane can't be in an amazing match, I emplore you to watch his King of the Ring match with Kurt Angle. When he talks about it, Angle said Shane flat out demanded that he keep abusing him. I don't think Shane can take that kind of beating anymore, but he's got a 1st class wrestler to help him out together a hell of a match.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

Any time anyone thinks Shane can't be in an amazing match, I emplore you to watch his King of the Ring match with Kurt Angle.

That was literally almost 2 decades ago. A more accurate measure would be the match with Taker from Mania last year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moreblack said:

That was literally almost 2 decades ago. A more accurate measure would be the match with Taker from Mania last year.

Strongly disagree there. Taker is older, more broken down, and less able to pull a good match out of himself, much less an opponent, than AJ. Only real comparison we have right now is Survivor Series, where Shane worked current stars and looked great, striking a perfect balance of using his spot monkey tendencies to get the other guys over without being obnoxious and in your face. That's exactly what the AJ match will be. I expect that Shane will hit one big spot and not win, then be on the receiving end (either a big miss or AJ doing something crazy, maybe both) and have AJ win. That way AJ can get the rub both for winning with his own prowess and for showing the toughness to kick out of something big. 

18 hours ago, axlslash said:

I have never been more sure of anything in my life: Bayley needs to be a heel. She's so much more believable when she's pretending to be an asshole than when she's "acting" as her natural sweet self. 

They gotta do something different with her that's for sure because honestly I find her to be one of it not the most annoying and horrible female characters of all time. She sucks on the mic, her look is horrible and to be honest I think she's cartoony in the ring. I can't stand Baley. I literally flip the channel when she comes on. 

Speaking of "WHAT THE FUCK?!" Ryan Satin and Dave Meltzer are both confirming that WWE are in extended talks (Satin says since Jan, Meltzer says as far back as August) with Sinclair Broadcasting. They are still in broad-strokes talks, and no concrete proposals are on the table right now, but if a deal does come together, WWE would own Ring of Honor...

If WWE owned ROH, it would be the end of ROH. 

I'd like to point out how much talent WWE has acquired over the years that came to prominence from ROH; Punk/Tyler Black/Chris Hero/Castagnoli/Danielson/Joe/Steen and many more ect. Very long list.

WWE's own developmental system isn't really that successful compared to what you'd think. They basically steal talent from other places, then claim they made them. 

WWE would seriously harm themselves long term, without another generation of already developed stars with experience from other territories.

RE Michaels: He retired 7 years ago, if he didn't come back for the Danielson match (save dream match against someone he helped train) he ain't coming back for anything. 

Edited by AtariLegend

The only way HBK vs AJ would've made sense would've beena  build up where AJ continually called out Shawn to the point Shawn showed up, showed his respect to AJ and declined and then got beat up and what not by AJ and then Shawn cuts some promo where he says he'd love nothing more than to face AJ but he gave his word to Undertaker. Then at some point Taker shows up, confronts Shawn cuts a promo giving him his blessing and then HBK accepts and has his one last match........... only problem is it would fucking suck to bring HBK back just to lose a match. Even against AJ. It's dumb. The time is passed. Shawn retired 7 years ago. Im glad he's never come back. He's on of the very few who went out on his own terms and managed to stay out. he's done it the right way. One More Match, taints all that. 

• Like 1

There was only 1 issue to Michaels last few moments as a wrestler. Cole repeatedly saying "this is a moment", while he walked up the ramp. Really obnoxious and out of place.

The commentary over the past several years, especially those years when Cole used to say "vintage" because it was supposed to be funny really suffered a lack of Jim Ross.

Sorry to hear about Jim Ross's wife too. 

Cole is definitely annoying, and does ruin moments like that, but after hearing his leaked headset feed where he says to someone, "I said it 3 damn times already" or something like that, I can't help but wonder if someone in his ear kept saying, "REMIND EVERYONE OF WHAT A MOMENT THIS IS!!"

• Like 1

For those of you who'll be excited the day Sami Zayn, Big Cass, Cesaro and Rusev finally win the championship... here's a quick example of why I think the title means nothing if everyone has held it;

List of World Heavyweight Championship/WWE World Championship (other variations) (WWE) different holders over the past several years;

CM Punk - August 23, 2009
John Cena - September 13, 2009
Batista
The Undertaker
The Miz
Chris Jericho
Jack Swagger
Rey Mysterio
Kane
Edge
Dolph Ziggler
Christian
Randy Orton
Mark Henry
Big Show
Daniel Bryan
The Rock
Sheamus
Alberto Del Rio
Brock Lesnar
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Triple H
Dean Ambrose
Finn Bálor
Kevin Owens
A.J. Styles
Bray Wyatt
Goldberg

..And for fairness here's there competitors (keep in mind that hardly anyone watches TNA anyway)

TNA World Heavyweight Championship (TNA);

A.J. Styles - September 20, 2009
Rob Van Dam
Jeff Hardy
Mr. Anderson
Sting
Kurt Angle
James Storm
Bobby Roode
Austin Aries
Bully Ray
Chris Sabin