Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

58 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Looks like the Shibata thing is back to probably being most likely not a work. Guy probably won't wrestle again.

He literally gave everything he had to have a classic.

Fuck. That's awful. What a way to go out, but damn. That's strong style for you, though. What a shame. 

12 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Would not be surprised if Omega vs. Cole happens on 1 of those shows, if Cole's heading to WWE as expected. Contract is up just before, but I'm sure ROH could keep him around for a few days.

Looks like Okada/Omega II is happening at Dominion.

I hope Omega gets announced for the tour!

Meltzer said Cole is sticking around for a couple dates after his contract expires. (these dates make the most sense)

1 hour ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

For the War of the Worlds tour the following have been confirmed...more to come.

Christopher Daniels

Marty Scurll

Young Bucks

Bully Ray

Briscoes

Kushida

Cody

Will Ospreay

Dalton Castle

Jay Lethal

IWGP Intercontinental Champion Tetsuya Naito just got added

R.I.P.

...In other news, WWE is doing Jinder Mahal vs. Randy Orton for the WWE Championship in Chicago? I'm sure that'll be better than Shibata vs. Okada!

I won't be watching, but do they realize had they put something on like A.J. vs. Orton then maybe the crowd wouldn't spend the match chanting C.M. Punk?

I guess Jinder's being pushed because WWE want to reach out to that all important Canadian demographic.

Edited by AtariLegend

I don't know. They brought Jinder back for a reason. They didn't lump him back into 3MB. Yeah the next two Orton title defenses are forgone conclusions. He's not losing to Bray because he's on Raw. He's not losing to Jinder because he's Jinder. 

Well maybe he can get a flute and charm Randy like he did with Santino's cobra. 

3 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Because Jericho, Owens, Nattie and Zayn just ain't getting it done?

Well Jinder's Canadian, what other demographic could they be trying to reach?

http://www.exchange4media.com/tv/wwe-appoints-sheetesh-srivastava-as-vp-and-gm-in-india_68462.html

Really cynical. Someone made a joke on the F4W board that they should just get Bad Luck Fale (he's from New Zealand) from NJPW and pretend he's Indian. Same logic, better wrestler...

1 hour ago, luciusfunk said:

I don't know. They brought Jinder back for a reason. They didn't lump him back into 3MB. Yeah the next two Orton title defenses are forgone conclusions. He's not losing to Bray because he's on Raw. He's not losing to Jinder because he's Jinder. 

Throw RKO a forearm like the one he gave to Finn, reopen the SummerSlam gash in Randy's noggin, and he might just go into business for himself and take the damn belt! :lol: 

• Like 1