Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

2 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

I'd be shocked if Tana done the clean job to anyone outside NJPW even if this was a house show, unless Cole signed with NJPW which seems unlikely. 

Nfw Cole wins this match, at least not clean. I don't disagree. Only way he wins is if Bullet Club gets involved. Presumably you have Kenny come out, do the "whose side is he on?" spot. The more I think about the different outcomes, the more I think that tonight is Cole's goodbye to ROH/NJPW, and I'd bet my money that he shows up at Takeover Brooklyn, the hottest NXT crowd of the year in the smarkiest city, where you'll for sure get the enormous pop for his debut. 

On 5/13/2017 at 2:30 PM, PsychoKiss344 said:

Cole is for sure going to the WWE after last night

He's officially on the indy circuit for now. Northeast Wrestling announced at midnight that Cole vs Cody for their title is the main event at the end of May (Penta el 0M is working Sami Callahan on the same show, pissed that I can't make it). I'd say smart money is he goes full "free agent" a la Drew Galloway/McIntire, then shows up in Brooklyn. Timing lines up with WWE's 90-day rule. 

Perfect sendoff for Cole. Does the favor for Tanahashi, gets his Superkliq curtain call, then does business on his way out. Curious why they chose to have Kenny on pretape, curious if they had some shoot problems getting him in. Or maybe NJPW just doesn't want him performing in the US before G1?

4 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Meltzer said it was visa issues

Interesting. I thought that was just kayfabe for Being The Elite. Odd that they could get all that Japanese talent in but had progress with the Canadian. 

My first thought when Marty joined the Cliz was "oh man, that crossover shirt is going to be one of the best looking wrestling shirts ever." That was correct. 

5 hours ago, axlslash said:

Breezango and Jinder Mahal are the stories I am most interested in going into this weekend's PPV, and that's a sentence that I actually just wrote. 

Jinder is shit in the ring though. He managed to have a lackluster match with AJ. That in itself is an accomplishment. 

29 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Pretty sure Styles/Owens is still gonna steal the show.

I'd be shocked if they don't. 

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

As a match? Absolutely. As a storyline? Not so much. AJ is the #1 contender, yet KO is cutting promos on Y2J to open the show. Will be a fun one-off match, it'll be great, but I'm not emotionally invested at all, and to the extent that either AJ or KO are invested, it ain't in each other.

To be honest, AJ has been treading water with no real program since Cena. For the love of God, steer AJ back to full heel status and get him and Shin together. AJ is directionless, Dolph doesn't have enough heat to really launch Nakamura, and the two of them can put up 5-star matches in their damn sleep. 

3 hours ago, moreblack said:

No doubt about that.

2 hours ago, axlslash said:

As a match? Absolutely. As a storyline? Not so much. AJ is the #1 contender, yet KO is cutting promos on Y2J to open the show. Will be a fun one-off match, it'll be great, but I'm not emotionally invested at all, and to the extent that either AJ or KO are invested, it ain't in each other.

To be honest, AJ has been treading water with no real program since Cena. For the love of God, steer AJ back to full heel status and get him and Shin together. AJ is directionless, Dolph doesn't have enough heat to really launch Nakamura, and the two of them can put up 5-star matches in their damn sleep. 

I'm hoping they are just holding off for Randy vs Aj at SummerSlam for the belt.

Giving Randy opponents to work with such as Jinder and shoving AJ in feuds to hold him over.

4 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

No doubt about that.

I'm hoping they are just holding off for Randy vs Aj at SummerSlam for the belt.

Giving Randy opponents to work with such as Jinder and shoving AJ in feuds to hold him over.

Jinder is great. He's getting heat from casual fans by playing the classic foreign heel, and he's getting heat from the smarks who saw him as a jobber. He's a fine worker with good character work to go on, and I'm really enjoying his role. Frankly, the way the story has been booked, he should win. But that would be logical storytelling and character building, so of course not. 

AJ-Orton has to happen at some point. They teased the forearm-to-RKO spot so perfectly when they worked on Smackdown a while back, it's got to pay off at some point in us actually seeing it happen 

IF they make Jinder into a top level contender, it might be one of the biggest turnarounds in the business.

On 5/17/2017 at 4:41 PM, axlslash said:

For the love of God, steer AJ back to full heel status and get him and Shin together. AJ is directionless, Dolph doesn't have enough heat to really launch Nakamura, and the two of them can put up 5-star matches in their damn sleep.

They had the 1v1 at WK 10, and despite both being not 100% it was amazing. Great chemistry and both played so well off each other.

Would've been MOTN if not for Tana/Okada. 

tumblr_o0hu5nbjbc1sbzhteo1_400.gif

Edited by moreblack

7 hours ago, axlslash said:

and he's getting heat from the smarks who saw him as a jobber.

That's because he was 4-105 record (or something similarly absurd, I'm not counting back through profight).

He's booed, because he's awful.

As for A.J. and Orton, they already done that on TV randomly several weeks ago. I read they done Finn vs. Reigns again on RAW. I doubt they'll hold of till a big 4 PPV for Nakamura vs. A.J., it'll probably happen 3 or 4 times on TV randomly before it hits a random network special.

Oh and spare a thought for Kari Hojo, who WWE signed from Stardom. She's apparently taking a paycut to join WWE and now she's been told she can't do this;

N9EVqoE.gif

...Because Bayley does it.

Also Tanahashi is injured, might miss the Long Beach shows. Better hope the Omega visa thing is a complete work, because they're not going to end up doing an Okada vs. Naito match.

Edited by AtariLegend

10 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Also Tanahashi is injured, might miss the Long Beach shows. Better hope the Omega visa thing is a complete work, because they're not going to end up doing an Okada vs. Naito match.

Either it was a work or it's been resolved, because Kenny was Long Beach today shooting with Cody and the Bucks. 

NJPW announced who they're using for the 2 nights in Long Beach;

• Kazuchika Okada

• Hiroshi Tanahashi

• Tetsuya Naito

• Kenny Omega

• Tomohiro Ishii

• KUSHIDA

• Will Ospreay

• Hiromu Takahashi

• BUSHI, EVIL, SANADA

• Volador Jr.

• Dragon Lee

• Michael Elgin

• The Young Bucks

• Roppongi Vice

• War Machine

• Guerrillas of Destiny

• The Briscoes

• Marty Scurll

• Zack Sabre Jr.

• Jushin Thunder Liger

• Jay Lethal

• Jay White

• Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu

• Juice Robinson

• Bad Luck Fale, Hangman Page, Yujiro Takahashi

• David Finlay

• Yoshitatsu

• Titan

• Cody Rhodes

• Billy Gunn

No Minoru Suzuki, Hirooki Goto (strangely), Ricochet, no Katsuyori Shibata (obviously) and no Tiger Mask W (Kota Ibushi) for example whom I think is the biggest loss. They said all the titles are being defended that weekend, so they're obviously going to do a lot of 6/8 man tags on the undercard.

On 5/18/2017 at 6:59 AM, AtariLegend said:

That's because he was 4-105 record (or something similarly absurd, I'm not counting back through profight).

He's booed, because he's awful.

As for A.J. and Orton, they already done that on TV randomly several weeks ago. I read they done Finn vs. Reigns again on RAW. I doubt they'll hold of till a big 4 PPV for Nakamura vs. A.J., it'll probably happen 3 or 4 times on TV randomly before it hits a random network special.

Oh and spare a thought for Kari Hojo, who WWE signed from Stardom. She's apparently taking a paycut to join WWE and now she's been told she can't do this;

N9EVqoE.gif

...Because Bayley does it.

I dunno. Dean was doing the running cannonball into the corner when Steen joined, but they had Dean stop instead of Owens. 

9 minutes ago, luciusfunk said:

I dunno. Dean was doing the running cannonball into the corner when Steen joined, but they had Dean stop instead of Owens. 

That wasn't his signature move though.

fyi for tomorrow night;

Spoiler

Jinder Mahal is the favorite in the betting to win the title tommorow.

Betting is normally right. Unless there's a late swing tomorrow. Betting numbers are because of people in the know that work for the company. 

I certainly don't bet!

Do read the results since they've called almost every show except Fastlane over the past year or two.

Read that the betting swung back to Orton late. We'll see, well you guys will... I'm not watching.

-edit-

Just watched to see the Nakamura match. That was bad, should have been a squash. Probably shouldn't have even involved Ziggler either.

Really preposterous. That's why they don't create stars anymore.

Edited by AtariLegend

Jinder winning the belt is a GOOD thing. The faster they got it off Orton the better. Orton sucks and it's time for him to go. One of the least interesting guys of all time. Jinder is way better as champion already. 

Orton may have had yet another disastrous title reign, but this is still the equivalent of Pete Gas winning the WWF Championship in 1999.

They're setting record low ratting for the company every few weeks, so with any hope they can have it drop so low during this title reign that people stop using the term "record low".

• Like 1

Glad I didn't bet on that match. I thought there was no way they were putting the belt on Jinder. Unfortunately he'll be champion until the next Smackdown PPV because they don't do championship matches on TV anymore. 

Maybe vacant will come out of nowhere with a title reign because of the Bollywood Boys interfering.