Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

It's really no different than say if Sami Zayn won it. Sami has been nothing but a jobber since he came up to the main roster so....  I get it's not exactly the same but at least Jinder is interesting. Orton sucks and Sami is meh. This is a good move given the program they had. It'll spice things up hopefully.  Having Randy win would've been fucking horrid. 

Edited by Bono

Zayn was over, before they buried him with that backstage stuff and losing constantly. Zayn could actually have good matches and has actually won occasionally.

Jinder is someone who lost almost every televised match he's had for years. He was literally in the single figures as far as wins go counting his previous run. It cannot be justified.

He's a Canadian doing an Indian gimmick. Might as well have just pretended Roman Reigns was suddenly an Indian, same logic. He's also completely roided up. Terrible promos, terrible wrestler.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AtariLegend said:

Might not want that, WWE india tour is in September.

That might mean A.J. or Nakamura (yikes, why's he in a multi-man ladder match on 2nd PPV?) putting over Jinder at SummerSlam.

He could always hold off on cashing in.

1 minute ago, luciusfunk said:

He could always hold off on cashing in.

Jinder could always hold it to Mania too and we could have another title reign equal to or worse than JBL's ridiculous title reign in 2004. JBL held the title for almost a year and his highest rated observer title defense on PPV was 2 stars...

It was so bad, I literally went from a fan who had been watching every PPV since I became a fan to skipping them.

6 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Jinder could always hold it to Mania too and we could have another title reign equal to or worse than JBL's ridiculous title reign in 2004. JBL held the title for almost a year and his highest rated observer title defense on PPV was 2 stars...

It was so bad, I literally went from a fan who had been watching every PPV since I became a fan to skipping them.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

Oh please god NO.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Might not want that, WWE india tour is in September.

That might mean A.J. or Nakamura (yikes, why's he in a multi-man ladder match on 2nd PPV?) putting over Jinder at SummerSlam.

Reports are that Jinder is penciled in to carry the big strap to the Rumble, where Cena will beat him and break Flair's record. If I'm booking it, Jinder might just be hated enough by then to make people happy when Cenawinslol, then Cena can pass the torch to Shin. Either have Nak win MITB, or have AJ win it and feud with Nakamura once he's the champ. 

WNW apparently is reporting that the long-term plan is to have Seth win and lose to Brock at Great Balls, Finn and Joe feud for a bit, Finn turn heel and form the Balor Club which will include Brock, SHIELD reunion, and the Brock/Roman WM34 main event will be the blowoff for Balor Club vs SHIELD. 

WNW has been way, way off on Hardy stuff of late, so hopefully they're wrong here too...

33 minutes ago, moreblack said:

I'd watch that

If Brock jobbing to Reigns has to be the end of Mania, then I guess this is the best way to get there and keep it as interesting as possible. But if Finn and Brock are in the same stable, you know that Heyman will be the mouthpiece and Brock the dominant force. How can you have a stable with one guy's name on it, build it up, and have that guy not be the one to carry the belt and/or main event the biggest show of the year on the stable's behalf? I'd rather have Heyman entice Balor - "I know you know a thing or two about clubs, why not join ours are being your friends too?" - and have it be Beast Club or something like that. If it's called Balor Club, and Finn is second fiddle just within the Club, AND the guy who leads the Club into Mania jobs to Roman.... that's going to kill Finn going forward. 

28 minutes ago, axlslash said:

If Brock jobbing to Reigns has to be the end of Mania, then I guess this is the best way to get there and keep it as interesting as possible. But if Finn and Brock are in the same stable, you know that Heyman will be the mouthpiece and Brock the dominant force. How can you have a stable with one guy's name on it, build it up, and have that guy not be the one to carry the belt and/or main event the biggest show of the year on the stable's behalf? I'd rather have Heyman entice Balor - "I know you know a thing or two about clubs, why not join ours are being your friends too?" - and have it be Beast Club or something like that. If it's called Balor Club, and Finn is second fiddle just within the Club, AND the guy who leads the Club into Mania jobs to Roman.... that's going to kill Finn going forward. 

This is my main problem with this whole idea too. Luckily it sounds like the guys made this up were on drugs. I like Balor Club vs Shield a LOT. But Brock shouldn't be in that picture at all. 

I've never thought of Balor Club being anything else than Finn and the Good Brothers. And 3-on-3 sounds fair with the Shield. Maybe let Joe feud with Brock in the mean time? I'd love to see a stiff physical match between those two!

I don't know or care how to get from that to Reigns-Bork from there, but fuck that anyway.  

17 minutes ago, username said:

This is my main problem with this whole idea too. Luckily it sounds like the guys made this up were on drugs. I like Balor Club vs Shield a LOT. But Brock shouldn't be in that picture at all. 

I've never thought of Balor Club being anything else than Finn and the Good Brothers. And 3-on-3 sounds fair with the Shield. Maybe let Joe feud with Brock in the mean time? I'd love to see a stiff physical match between those two!

I don't know or care how to get from that to Reigns-Bork from there, but fuck that anyway.  

Balor Club vs SHIELD does sound amazing, no doubt about that. And I'm fine with the idea of having more people join the Club, even an enforcer type. Brock just doesn't fit it for me. He's in prize-fighter mode now. The Club needs to be the agents-of-chaos type, where they just show up and wreck shit, so I'd much rather have Braun be the enforcer than Brock.

And now that we're on the subject of additional BC members, im getting all excited about the idea of Adam Cole going straight to the main roster and joining. I think that's a shit idea, but would still be fun for a hot minute. 

No reason to do a Balor Club at all. It's basically just Balor being surrounded by a tag team that's been thrown under the bus a year ago.

Also don't think people that go on about it, even remember Devit's Bullet Club or ever even seen it. Gallows didn't even join until not long before Devitt left NJPW. Devitt and A.J. I don't think ever even interacted. A.J. joined Bullet Club after Devitt wrestled his last NJPW match.

As for Anderson, they've already established that he's geek and they're never going to give him a singles run.

...Then there's the Shield. I mean you basically already got this last year and you don't remember! That's how pointless it was.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2017 at 11:31 AM, AtariLegend said:

No reason to do a Balor Club at all. It's basically just Balor being surrounded by a tag team that's been thrown under the bus a year ago.

Also don't think people that go on about it, even remember Devit's Bullet Club or ever even seen it. Gallows didn't even join until not long before Devitt left NJPW. Devitt and A.J. I don't think ever even interacted. A.J. joined Bullet Club after Devitt wrestled his last NJPW match.

As for Anderson, they've already established that he's geek and they're never going to give him a singles run.

...Then there's the Shield. I mean you basically already got this last year and you don't remember! That's how pointless it was.

This. The Balor Club idea is ruined because Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson have been made to look like chumps the last year. 

I'd prefer some other faction like Finn, Joe, Brock  and maybe Braun. That'd be en epic faction.