Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

10 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

Holy shit I can't wait for Joe/Lesnar. Rumor has it it's a one and done with Lesnar retaining. 

Oh yeah. He'll retain against Joe no and against Braun at SummerSlam, all building to Roman beating him at Mania. But we'll have some fun along the way. 

On 6/14/2017 at 6:15 AM, axlslash said:

Oh yeah. He'll retain against Joe no and against Braun at SummerSlam, all building to Roman beating him at Mania. But we'll have some fun along the way. 

If they want to do Brock vs Roman at mania I would rather see Roman winning the title at SummerSlam or Surviver Series while Brock wins the Rumble!

On AXS tonight in the US, they're airing the Shibata/Okada match with JR on commentary. Not sure, but it might be my favorite match ever.

It's different style than Omega/Okada. It's very violent and it doesn't involve gimmicks. 

It's one man Shibata literally almost kill himself and attempt to take Okada with him in what was probably his last match.

Edited by AtariLegend

Word on the street is that Maria Kanellis and Mike Bennett are likely to debut either on the PPV tomorrow night or this week's SmackDown. I'm very excited, they are two world class people who deserve all the success in the world. Can't wait to see what they do over there. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, axlslash said:

Word on the street is that Maria Kanellis and Mike Bennett are likely to debut either on the PPV tomorrow night or this week's SmackDown. I'm very excited, they are two world class people who deserve all the success in the world. Can't wait to see what they do over there. 

Seriously? Maria is coming back! That's badass. I fucking love her!

On a side note, went to a live event tonight and got to see Alexa Bliss in person. That's worth the price of admission :wub: Only blurry pics of her though. The Miz and Maryse were the best part of the show though by far I thought.  Miz should never lose the IC belt. 
19399622_10158929196220397_8787442229788

Edited by Bono
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Bono said:

Seriously? Maria is coming back! That's badass. I fucking love her!

On a side note, went to a live event tonight and got to see Alexa Bliss in person. That's worth the price of admission :wub:

She's a top-shelf manager for her husband, who was IWGP and ROH tag champs with Matt Taven and was an anchor of Impact through last year's silliness. She's gotten way better since leaving WWE, and having them together will be amazing. 

PWInsider and other are reporting that they've been seen out and about in St. Louis. So sounds like it could be tonight. 

Money in the Bank is tonight!! Quite excited! It's one of my favorite shows, one of my favorite type of matches. First ever WOMEN'S Money in the Bank, and as a huge women's wrestling fan, I cannot explain how much that means to me, how happy and proud I am of the women getting this. Hopefully this will be a great show! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Money in the Bank is tonight!! Quite excited! It's one of my favorite shows, one of my favorite type of matches. First ever WOMEN'S Money in the Bank, and as a huge women's wrestling fan, I cannot explain how much that means to me, how happy and proud I am of the women getting this. Hopefully this will be a great show! 

The Women's match should be great!

I'm hoping Becky wins!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, axlslash said:

She's a top-shelf manager for her husband, who was IWGP and ROH tag champs with Matt Taven and was an anchor of Impact through last year's silliness. She's gotten way better since leaving WWE, and having them together will be amazing. 

PWInsider and other are reporting that they've been seen out and about in St. Louis. So sounds like it could be tonight. 

Oh I know who she and he are. I watched ROH all the time when she was in it. Have never been able to care about TNA though. Would be GREAT if she comes back to WWE. 

2 hours ago, Bono said:

Oh I know who she and he are. I watched ROH all the time when she was in it. Have never been able to care about TNA though. Would be GREAT if she comes back to WWE. 

They've reportedly been signed to SDL since last month. They were set to debut after Backlash, but the story got pushed back. I'm hoping they show up tonight, but whether it's that or Tuesday, I'm thrilled that they're getting called up to the big leagues. 

I would have preferred Becky to win MITB, but the Ellsworth finish was great. I loved it. I love it, Maggle!

The men's MITB match was pretty good, but with a shitty finish. I would have preferred anyone but Corbin to win. Well maybe not Zayn. I don't get what people see in Sami. I thought for sure since Nakamura was attacked at the beginning he'd come back out and win it.

Loving Breezango's skits. Don't give two shits about Maria and Mike Kanellis, but I never watched him in TNA/ROH.

Tag team title match was one of the better matches. New Day always delivers.

Didn't expect much with Lana.

Predictable finish to Orton/Juicer Mahal.

The theme of last night was heels up, and I fucking love it. The Bennetts are going to be excellent. Their gimmick is cringe-inducingly over the top, and they'll be getting NUCLEAR heat by SummerSlam if they play it right (and those two can make chicken salad out of chicken shit as well as anyone). It's gonna be a fun ride. 

Overall an unbelievably mediocre PPV overall, but interesting business set up going forward. 

6 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

That was from; http://www.profightdb.com/cards/njpw/g1-climax-25---day-19-22428.html

Worth looking at to see how many people on that card ended up wasted in WWE midcard purgatory.

Didn't see MITB last night in full, was it as good as MITB 2011 or Dominon last month :P?

Shit it wasn't as good as MITB 2016. 

2 hours ago, moreblack said:

Heard a few of the pods and yt folk putting this year's mitb match over 2016.

The match was epic. Great, great business set up going forward, not the least of which that AJ/Shinsuke tease. Much of the rest was mediocre, but it's hard to argue with that match. 

That great business going forward is telling you that Corbin is winning the title from whomever beats Jinder (on the same night).

They're probably going to be getting the same TV ratings TNA was getting at the start of this decade within the next 12 months.