Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

A few years ago.

They do one randomly every few years, but the titles are generally worthless and no one remembers the switches.

Nak and Joe both won the NXT title at House Shows last year. Tag Titles in various incarnations have changed hand several times over the past decade as has the Women's Title. The IC title used to randomly change hands back in the Attitude Era as well. Edge won it once at a house show, then lost it the next night on the PPV. Nevermind the Hardcore Title.

Again the belts mean nothing, that's why people can't remember them.

Edited by AtariLegend

1 hour ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Who enjoyed Great Balls Of Fire?

I thought it was one of the better "B  pay per views" the E has done this year. Not as good as Slammiversary or the G1 Specials, but a solid second-tier show setting up business going into SummerSlam. 

8 hours ago, axlslash said:

I thought it was one of the better "B  pay per views" the E has done this year. Not as good as Slammiversary or the G1 Specials, but a solid second-tier show setting up business going into SummerSlam. 

Pretty much this. I also want to see more of Joe and Brock. That match should've gone longer. 

Anybody else feel that they might set up a triple threat between Roman, Joe and Brock for SS? I'd prefer Joe-Brock II tbh. Roman and Braun clearly have unfinished business. 

Also, I'm guessing and hoping they'll break the Hardy's at SS. 

19 hours ago, axlslash said:

Apart from a couple weak finishes I also enjoyed it.

11 hours ago, username said:

Pretty much this. I also want to see more of Joe and Brock. That match should've gone longer. 

Anybody else feel that they might set up a triple threat between Roman, Joe and Brock for SS? I'd prefer Joe-Brock II tbh. Roman and Braun clearly have unfinished business. 

Also, I'm guessing and hoping they'll break the Hardy's at SS. 

The legal issues are clearly settled. They've hinted subtly before, but last night went all in. With the Good Brothers and Revival both focusing on Matt's head wound, combined with the promo, its hard to imagine the trajectory hasn't been set. 

Del Rio/El Patron indefinitely suspended by GFW Impact pending allegations that he's been beating Paige; see TMZ for the full details. He won't be edited out of the shows they just taped, but they're pretty noncommittal on whether he'll be stripped of the title at the next set of tapings. I thought he was a great choice to hold the strap for GFW right now until this, but holy hell is he out of control. He's lost me now. What a disaster. 

13 hours ago, axlslash said:

Del Rio/El Patron indefinitely suspended by GFW Impact pending allegations that he's been beating Paige; see TMZ for the full details. He won't be edited out of the shows they just taped, but they're pretty noncommittal on whether he'll be stripped of the title at the next set of tapings. I thought he was a great choice to hold the strap for GFW right now until this, but holy hell is he out of control. He's lost me now. What a disaster. 

He just looks like a guy who would be abusive. I'm not surprised at all by this. Hopefully Paige snaps the fuck out of it, ditches that guy and gets her shit together. It's been all down hill since she hooked up with him. Not saying she's a saint cause she's probably a mess herself but holy fucking hell. It was an odd couple to begin with and always seemed shady. End it and move on to bigger and better things. 

1 minute ago, Bono said:

He just looks like a guy who would be abusive. I'm not surprised at all by this. Hopefully Paige snaps the fuck out of it, ditches that guy and gets her shit together. It's been all down hill since she hooked up with him. Not saying she's a saint cause she's probably a mess herself but holy fucking hell. It was an odd couple to begin with and always seemed shady. End it and move on to bigger and better things. 

As much as I agree on Del Rio, in fairness all the leaked sextape stuff was from before she got with him. I'm obviously against physical abuse, but the girl was clearly already a mess before she got with him. 

1 minute ago, username said:

As much as I agree on Del Rio, in fairness all the leaked sextape stuff was from before she got with him. I'm obviously against physical abuse, but the girl was clearly already a mess before she got with him. 

Oh for sure but everything has spiraled out of control since she got with him. It looked from the outside to be a horrible match and apparently it is. The sex tape stuff... meh.  So she had sex and filmed it and thens ome fucking douche leaked it for all to see. Pretty sure there's millions of girls who have been filmed doing the same shit and worse. People and their fuckig phones these days haha!

9 hours ago, moreblack said:

Best promo work of the week: Connor McGregor. He's on fire at those live events vs Mayweather.

meh. It's not that good. He needs to work on cutting a proper promo without every second word being bitch or pussy. He made a few funny one liner jokes but other than that it's all pretty lame as far as promo work goes in my opinion. I mean he's hyping the fight because everyone gets sucked in by a guy calling another guy a bitch so i that sense he's doing his job but it's not classic "cutting a promo" stuff that's for sure. 

Edited by Bono

Sportskeeda is reporting that Balor-Wyatt is penciled in for SummerSlam. They've had spotty reliability in the past, but have scooped Meltzer on a few things (including some outcomes from Great Balls of Fire). And it makes sense. If you want the Big 4 to have spectacle to them, what better than the Eater of Worlds squaring off against the Demon King, on the one year anniversary of the Demon's last appearance? I like it, personally. 

9 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

So this starts tomorrow;

Kota Ibushi vs. Tetsuya Naito

Hirooki Goto vs. Tomohiro Ishii

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

Minoru Suzuki vs. Kenny Omega

On the opening nights, should be quite good.

Every one of those matches could main event a PPV. Gonna be a fun tournament. 

The G1 Climax starts tonight/earning morning!! I'm so excited!! Ibushi vs Naito in the first night! I really want to see Ibushi vs Omega in the finals, but I also really want Naito to win the whole thing. It's a dilemma! :wacko: Guess we'll find out tonight! 

• Like 1