Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

The AEW ratings are crumbling and to try and pop a one off rating they had to use CM Punk who isn't even with them anymore. It pretty much shows it as Punk described on Ariels show, the only thing he seemed to have left out was that he pushed Jack Perry although tbf he did say something about not letting him get close so I guess pushing him achieved that.

They are so fucking amateur as a company, they are completely floundering and it's a shame. WWE on the other hand are on fire right now. I didn't go to Mania, I watched night 2 at 4:30 in the morning drunk in a bar but the energy levels over it were insane, so happy Vince is gone.

For anyone who hasn't seen this yet it's worth a watch.

1 hour ago, username said:

Wrestlemania was actually pretty great. Some meh stuff. But tons of good stuff. 

Could have done without the superkick fest of the Uso's match. But main event's were really good

2 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

The AEW ratings are crumbling and to try and pop a one off rating they had to use CM Punk who isn't even with them anymore. It pretty much shows it as Punk described on Ariels show, the only thing he seemed to have left out was that he pushed Jack Perry although tbf he did say something about not letting him get close so I guess pushing him achieved that.

They are so fucking amateur as a company, they are completely floundering and it's a shame. WWE on the other hand are on fire right now. I didn't go to Mania, I watched night 2 at 4:30 in the morning drunk in a bar but the energy levels over it were insane, so happy Vince is gone.

For anyone who hasn't seen this yet it's worth a watch.

Could have done without the superkick fest of the Uso's match. But main event's were really good

I thought the Gunther match, Seth vs Drew and both women title matches were good too. Paul/Orton/KO as well. Both main events were really good. 

Uso's match was meh, I agree. And AJ/LA was kinda meh too. 

Also AEW is desperate and getting worse by the minute. Tony really isn't fit for this and his promos sound like a kid who had a ton of red bull and candy. This whole Punk thing was really dumb and pointless. On par with WCW at its worst. 

• Like 1

Wrestlemania had some surprises.

Can't wait to see what Roman Reigns will do next in the WWE? Seth is taking time off too.

50 minutes ago, username said:

I thought the Gunther match, Seth vs Drew and both women title matches were good too. Paul/Orton/KO as well. Both main events were really good. 

Uso's match was meh, I agree. And AJ/LA was kinda meh too. 

Also AEW is desperate and getting worse by the minute. Tony really isn't fit for this and his promos sound like a kid who had a ton of red bull and candy. This whole Punk thing was really dumb and pointless. On par with WCW at its worst. 

Was glad Gunther lost.  And let's see what Cody does now that he has the long awaited belt?

Speaking of AEW... I'd have thought differently during his AEW feud with Punk, which was awesome, but MJF really needs to get his ass away from those clowns and head for WWE. I hope that bidding war of 24 thing of his isn't a work. 

6 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Was glad Gunther lost.  And let's see what Cody does now that he has the long awaited belt?

They have a ton of directions to go now... Cody vs Rock, Cody vs Roman rematch, Cody vs Seth, Cody vs someone else entirely, Drew vs Punk, Orton and KO for the tag titles, then Orton vs KO, Gunther moving up to the main event scene, Jacob Fatu is incomming and could play into either the Uso's, the bloodline or both, Sami vs Chad Gable, Roman vs Jey, Roman vs Rock... Maybe pulling the trigger on an LA Knight feud for a title (Logan Paul?)... There's just a ton of options coming out of this. 

The women's division kind of has they opposite situation. They'll eventually build op Cargill for Rhea, but in the meantime they have noone until Charlotte comes back. Bayley and Iyo have nowhere to go either, as there are no real credible challengers. Stark kinda came out of the Trish thing well but is cooling off too. Belair heel turn, but still. 

20 minutes ago, username said:

Speaking of AEW... I'd have thought differently during his AEW feud with Punk, which was awesome, but MJF really needs to get his ass away from those clowns and head for WWE. I hope that bidding war of 24 thing of his isn't a work. 

They have a ton of directions to go now... Cody vs Rock, Cody vs Roman rematch, Cody vs Seth, Cody vs someone else entirely, Drew vs Punk, Orton and KO for the tag titles, then Orton vs KO, Gunther moving up to the main event scene, Jacob Fatu is incomming and could play into either the Uso's, the bloodline or both, Sami vs Chad Gable, Roman vs Jey, Roman vs Rock... Maybe pulling the trigger on an LA Knight feud for a title (Logan Paul?)... There's just a ton of options coming out of this. 

The women's division kind of has they opposite situation. They'll eventually build op Cargill for Rhea, but in the meantime they have noone until Charlotte comes back. Bayley and Iyo have nowhere to go either, as there are no real credible challengers. Stark kinda came out of the Trish thing well but is cooling off too. Belair heel turn, but still. 

I think he was part working the money mark with all that 2024 stuff, in this new era of WWE he would fit in so well. His promo's and work in the ring are great, can see why CM Punk thought it was the best thing he did there working with him. 

A few people like Becky's contracts are up soon but even if TK brought them in I don't see them moving the needle, Mercedes Mone hasn't been there long and already it's like she doesn't matter.

6 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

I think he was part working the money mark with all that 2024 stuff, in this new era of WWE he would fit in so well. His promo's and work in the ring are great, can see why CM Punk thought it was the best thing he did there working with him. 

A few people like Becky's contracts are up soon but even if TK brought them in I don't see them moving the needle, Mercedes Mone hasn't been there long and already it's like she doesn't matter.

I think Becky and Seth are both taking some time off for their family life first. But honestly I can't see them going to AEW, ever. They're top stars with great careers and have it well. It's not like they're underused midcarders or something. And they'd be insane because AEW is an increasing mess.

I imagine Sasha is living in regret right now as well. WWE should bring her back and do another 4 horsewomen thing while they still can. First a group feud against the never generation and then among themselves.  And I'd love to see MJF in WWE too. I really like FTR as well, but they've pretty much did all they could do in AEW. It's a shame too, I liked AEW at first. It had the right kind of 1997 WCW vibe. But now... mess. All the Bucks bullshit, Jericho feeding off over people and feuds like a vampire, moxley always having to bleed all over the place. The loonies are running them asylum. 

• Like 1

Oh and I just remembered WWE will probably be bringing up Bron Breaker as well. Which also has great potential. 

And I'm pretty hopeful that Drew will win back the title from Priest in Glasgow. 

Edited by username

3 minutes ago, username said:

Oh and I just remembered WWE will probably be bringing up Bron Breaker as well. Which also has great potential. 

And I'm pretty hopeful that Drew will win back the title from Priest in Glasgow. 

They need to use his real Steiner name but yeah he is really good. I assume Drew (who has been great lately) will win it back as well.

• Like 1