Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

32 minutes ago, Conor said:

Hornswoggle, Alex Riley and Zeb Colter released. 

El Torito too. So no more midget matches :cry:.

Santino Marella and Cameron are also gone this black Friday. Their might be more later.

Edited by AtariLegend

Sandow, Barrett, and Santino.... all more over than Roman Reigns. :P

The company really failed Sandow and Barrett. Especially Barrett, since his BNB gimmick was actually over and gaining steam. Then they all of a sudden have him win KOTR and change him to King Barrett the mega jobber. Just dumb booking.

• Like 2

I'm probably the only one, but apart from the wrestling of course... there's one other thing NJPW had over WWE.

Final boss music.

Oh and here's some other people that weren't deemed WWE suitable at one point.

Edited by AtariLegend

They're billing AJ and the Brothers as "The Club." Interesting - is this them calling them Bullet Club without paying to license the name, or setting them up to be the Balor Club when the Brothers turn on AJ and join Finn? Either way, a welcome development  

Tonight's New Day promo makes me want to go on stubhub and order some tickets to Extreme Rules just to see them. Holy crap are they fun.

A bygone era, which wasn't too kind to people like us....smartphone users. Unlimited data is amazing!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bran said:

Grown men will weep like babies if Cena beats Nakamura.

Apparently Charlotte vs. Asuka too. Not sure if it's too smart in an era where their is very few fresh matches, because the same people wrestle each other over/over again every week... to finally blow big matches like this on a throw away show.

It's a better card than Mania already on paper, but the matches probably won't mean anything. Would have been a great SummerSlam card.

Edited by AtariLegend

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

Grown men will weep like babies if Cena beats Nakamura.

Apparently Charlotte vs. Asuka too. Not sure if it's too smart in an era where their is very few fresh matches, because the same people wrestle each other over/over again every week... to finally blow big matches like this on a throw away show.

It's a better card than Mania already on paper, but the matches probably won't mean anything. Would have been a great SummerSlam card.

And who says it won't be? These may well be the feuds that will be happening at/post Slam

It looks like it's a network special that's why.

Nakamura/Cena isn't going to be as special the 2nd time if you're doing it a month 1/2 later and once Lesnar crushes Owens... right call or not what's the point in counting the feud?

I'd be surprised too if Asuka got a call up to the main roster too before Bailey.

Sister won me tickets for wwe live event later this month. Of course, because nobody likes Winnipeg, bullet club and all the recent NXT callups are gunna be in Peoria that night while Winnipeg gets Kane and the usos. At least we get ambrose, Jericho,  and Sasha. 

6 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

It looks like it's a network special that's why.

Nakamura/Cena isn't going to be as special the 2nd time if you're doing it a month 1/2 later and once Lesnar crushes Owens... right call or not what's the point in counting the feud?

I'd be surprised too if Asuka got a call up to the main roster too before Bailey.

Nakamura/Cena would be a great long-term program, though it does beg the question of who the heel would be. Owens/Lesnar could also be a great program, with KO and Heyman trading promos. I'm with you that Asuka won't get a full-time call up before Bailey, but I wouldn't be surprised if Summerslam and the week or two after it is the next round of main roster debuts with Nakamura, Balor, Asuka, and Bailey all turning up. In any event, those matches being on the card can only be good, and a network special makes it even better so we'll get to see them.

54 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Cena winning is not gonna hurt anything. Hasn't slowed Owens or Zayn down any.

Except the casual crowds, non NXT/Internet fans don't care about Zayn past his entrance.

...And Owens is a heel, who beat Cena clean once.

49 minutes ago, The_Original_RK said:

I dunno about tonight, but he will be done when the company does their next round of releases.

Per TMZ's update WWE has "suspended Ray Leppan indefinitely" under their zero-tolerance policy. He is toast.