Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

What would you consider a particularly amazing match?

Fenix vs Mil Muertes

Don't get me wrong I liked the match, I think my main issue with it was that every other move was being countered adn no one guy was able to put a string of moves together. Also they both kept going from selling like they had just been in a car crash to being completely fine again moments later, actually Ospreay was probably more guilty of this than Ricochet but it kinda took me out of it.

4 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

It's called the Best of the Super Juniors. It's supposed to be about the best high flying/flashy (not technical) wrestlers in the world, many of whom WWE would love to have under contract. WWE is going to be having their own version (Cruiserweight Classic) soon (with Zack Sabre J.R. and possibly Kota Ibushi too), probably to get indie wrestlers under contract and put over Sombre.

It's a fairly prestigious tournament.

As for NJPW, they pay wrestlers more than TNA, they draw bigger crowds (in a smaller country) not counting Tokyo Dome shows and they put on a much better product. Only reason for wrestlers to choose TNA over NJPW is wanting to live in Florida America.

My point was that they had him (Ospreay) in the door and had the chance to sign him up but chose not to do anything with him and ultimately not to sign him because Gaburick is the wrestling equivalent of team brazil and common sense decisions are too difficult for him

12 minutes ago, sturginho said:

Fenix vs Mil Muertes

Don't get me wrong I liked the match, I think my main issue with it was that every other move was being countered adn no one guy was able to put a string of moves together. Also they both kept going from selling like they had just been in a car crash to being completely fine again moments later, actually Ospreay was probably more guilty of this than Ricochet but it kinda took me out of it.

The thing with LU matches that gets me sometimes is how edited they are. They deliberately chop them into one fast highlights package as opposed to a real flowing match with logical flow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moreblack said:

The thing with LU matches that gets me sometimes is how edited they are. They deliberately chop them into one fast highlights package as opposed to a real flowing match with logical flow.

I'd give you a TNA example but you'd just go LOLTNA :P

12 hours ago, moreblack said:

For what it's worth, I never even noticed that. I can see it now that you've pointed it out, but never even occurred to me.

Raw was awful. That Rollins "promo" was some of the worst TV I have ever seen. The AJ-Cena segment was 7 minutes of magic followed by 5 minutes of boring repetition.

Cena/AJ is gonna be a damn fine feud. I expect AJ wins at Money In The Bank, Cena wins at Summer Slam, Balor turns up the Raw after Slam to start his feud with AJ for control of the Club.

On that note, thank God the Club is no longer feuding with bloodlinewinslol anymore so we can get back to them fucking wrecking everyone in sight. That beatdown on the New Day was wonderful, and that turn in the AJ segment was the tits.

• Like 1

The Chad Dukes Wrestling Show made a great point on that match. Japanese audiences are notoriously quiet and respectful, only applauding at the beginning and end of a match. Puma/Ospreay had a Japanese crowd chanting "this is awesome." Twitter critics can go to hell, the crowd in the room loved it.

On WOR Meltzer was saying the house shows Reigns was headlining weren't doing well anymore. Supposedly they're not at the levels they were at when they tried to push Kevin Nash as the guy yet though.

This might sound good and look like it'll shorten the Reigns era, but considering they're about to do a draft extension... they'll probably blame the split rosters before Reigns.

Edited by AtariLegend

I just watched Aztec Warfare from Lucha Underground season 2. Wow, what a fuckin' ride.

I can't decide how I feel about that finish. On the one hand, I hate seeing a generic big man / "monster" like Matanza lay waste to all of these super talented luchadores, especially Rey. On the other hand, it's the ultimate way to make Dario go back to heel: he's Vince, everything that LUG stands against. He brings the big man, puts the belt on him, and buries the technical guys. So on the one hand it makes me angry, but on the other hand I applaud them for making me genuinely dislike a fictional character.

Also, holy hell the Rey intro. I mean obviously the TV audience knows he's coming after the week before giving you the vignette with the invitation. But I still got chills watching the crowd respond to "From San Diego, California...." Overall just a magnificent show - and better than many rumbles.

Edited by axlslash

10 hours ago, axlslash said:

Puma/Ospreay 

Who's Puma?

Anyway, look the full version of the TNA contract signing.

Over 200,000 people watch that show weekly and I think they intended that to be serious.

Just after 3:47 you can see Matt get himself stuck while trying to roll out off the ring...

Edited by AtariLegend

4 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Who's Puma?

Anyway, look the full version of the TNA contract signing.

Over 200,000 people watch that show weekly and I think they intended that to be serious.

Just after 3:47 you can see Matt get himself stuck while trying to roll out off the ring...

The sooner Matt is gone from TNA the better

Up to April 6 on Lucha Underground. I'm gonna get real bored real fast if they keep up the "indestructible monster" nonsense...

Love the Rey/Dragon Azteca/Puma trio - would have been a better reveal if one of my wrestling podcasts hadn't spoiled the results of the tournament for me yesterday, though

:P Still can't wait to watch those three work together, though. And I'd kill for Puma to eventually turn heel and go one-on-one with Rey Rey.

There's rumors about Lesnar fighting at UFC 200, which the Observer hasn't shot down yet.

Supposedly the rumours is;

"Lesnar had an option put in his WWE contract that he could take a UFC bout prior to this year's Wrestlemania."

He'd have to been training for a while if he's seriously going for this. Imagine Lesnar having a UFC fight under contract to WWE before Punk ever fought or Ronda returns. 

It wouldn't be good if he lost though, at least he had the out last time of being unwell.

Edited by AtariLegend

In fairness he wouldn't have been on TV until August anyway.

Look forward to WOR later on, where Dave is surely going to say... very bad idea.

The rumor (not confirmed) is that this will mean UFC will let Ronda do that long rumored WWE match. Might sound great and draw interest, but it only would be to get over Stephanie.