Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

6 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Battleground is tonight! I'll try and catch it, although I have to finish this paper I'm doing. I'm also behind on the G1 but I'm hearing that it has just been incredible so far. 

I'm way behind, ZSJ/Ibushi is the next match up for me, but yeah it's been nuts so far even just from what I've seen. This is my first G1 paying attention, but hot damn this is outstanding. 

8 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Battleground is tonight! I'll try and catch it, although I have to finish this paper I'm doing. I'm also behind on the G1 but I'm hearing that it has just been incredible so far. 

Don't bother with it. 

21 minutes ago, axlslash said:

It had some potential, but hot damn. What a steaming pile of hot garbage. 

I can't imagine anybody in the whole world marking out for

Spoiler

a surprise Khali appearence. 

Not even his mom. It's like they're actively trying to make a really bad storyline even worse. 

AJ/KO was good but the finish was just crap. They keep ruining Nak as well and they're not even doing Corbin any favours. Women's booking was rubbish. 

Edited by username

I don't watch it regularly let alone the PPVs, but just want to add that if you don't like the Canadian superstar Jinder... Just think, Corbin will probably win the title right after Jinder losses it, if not on the same night.

fyi even in NJPW 16 years, Khali was pretty bad. 

Though he wasn't the reason and this is kinda of trivia pursuit... he was there when NJPW went from doing multiple Tokyo Dome shows each year, to struggling to sell a 3rd of the tickets at Budokan Hall.

I think he's out the door eventually. He's kind of floundered for the past several years. He's a good wrestler, but he's never done anything despite his spot.

Wouldn't be shocked if the Bullet Club implodes within the next several months. Omega's clearly a babyface in a contradictory scenario as leader of a heel faction and there's no one obvious to replace him. 

7 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I think he's out the door eventually. He's kind of floundered for the past several years. He's a good wrestler, but he's never done anything despite his spot.

Wouldn't be shocked if the Bullet Club implodes within the next several months. Omega's clearly a babyface in a contradictory scenario as leader of a heel faction and there's no one obvious to replace him. 

Yeah, ROH seems to be turning CD heel while Cody stays over as fuck, so with Omega and Cody leaving heeldom entirely, they either have to disband or change entirely.

Though to be honest, gauging purely on what's in front of me now, I would honestly read this all Tama claiming the BC for himself and the other OGs. He cut the whole promo on "The ELITE, the Dream Team, the Superkliq." Maybe he kicks Omega, the Bucks, and Cody out, takes Tonga Loa, Fale etc with him and doubles down back on the old attitude they had with Fergal back in the day. I don't know if he's necessarily strong enough to carry the crew on his own like that, but it's absolutely true that this Bullet Club looks nothing like the original, and maybe he's the guy to take it back. Especially with LIJ overtaking them for merch sales, this iteration has sort of run its course. And The ELITE can continue on their own. 

16 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

I really hope they put Jinder over Cena at SummerSlam. Orton has been so dull since he turned on Bray (with the first ever face turn by taking advantage of someone, double crossing them, and burning their house down), and wasn't even close to the right guy to get Jinder over. Let him work someone with energy and a moveset other than just making the Bollywood Boyz take sick bumps and throwing RKOs. Orton needs a serious overhaul, and the right oponent (CENA) could still do good biz for Jinder. 

With Omega losing to Big Mike (and how!) here's my revised G1 prediction: Okada loses to Toma Tonga. Both Omega and Okada go to the last day with one loss. Okada wins the match, the block, and the G1. Champ gets to pick his challenger and gives the shot to Omega. Tama gets jealous and pissed because he beat Okada but doesn't get the title shot. That fuels the Omega/Tonga fight. This builds to Omega defending the briefcase against Tonga. During the build, Tonga kicks Kenny out and takes over Bullet Club and makes it more heel. Omega has to overcome the heelish interference from the rest of the Bullet Club to defend his #1 contendership. That win makes him full-on babyface, en route to beating Okada for the strap at WK12. 

On 27/07/2017 at 0:03 PM, axlslash said:

I really hope they put Jinder over Cena at SummerSlam. Orton has been so dull since he turned on Bray (with the first ever face turn by taking advantage of someone, double crossing them, and burning their house down), and wasn't even close to the right guy to get Jinder over. Let him work someone with energy and a moveset other than just making the Bollywood Boyz take sick bumps and throwing RKOs. Orton needs a serious overhaul, and the right oponent (CENA) could still do good biz for Jinder. 

Jinder better beat Cena if that's the route this goes. Or fuck, if they really want the belt off Jinder have him win and then Corbin cash in and win right afterwards. No way they make Cena win and set a new record just to lose it instantly. 

5 hours ago, moreblack said:

Saw that, Lesnar seems to go where he wants so I wouldn't be surprised if he went for it. He would regret it tho

Yeah and Brock has already said "Anytime, anywhere" when it comes to this fight. I don't know necessarily that Brock would regret it. Clearly if they stand and trade blows the fight wouldn't last that long as Brock would get picked apart but if Brock got Jones to the ground I think it would be over for Jones. It's just a matter of getting him to the ground that would be tricky.  But shit, how big of a star would Brock become if he won that fight? 

giphy.gif

Nakamura clearly forgot this wasn't the G-1, despite the fact they only give the match less than 15 minutes including a few minutes of commercials.

Bit disappointed. Really should have been a dream match on a PPV with 25 minutes, no commercials and some build up. Anyway can't fault either guy.

Just think, Nakamura beat John Cena clean on WWE programming. Imagine saying that 3 years ago.

Edited by AtariLegend

50 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

giphy.gif

Nakamura clearly forgot this wasn't the G-1, despite the fact they only give the match less than 15 minutes including a few minutes of commercials.

Bit disappointed. Really should have been a dream match on a PPV with 25 minutes, no commercials and some build up. Anyway can't fault either guy.

Just think, Nakamura beat John Cena clean on WWE programming. Imagine saying that 3 years ago.

Hey, 15 minutes is way longer than Evil vs Toru Yano got, and that one WAS in the G1 :lol:

43 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Hey, 15 minutes is way longer than Evil vs Toru Yano got, and that one WAS in the G1 :lol:

Yano's sole purpose in the G-1 every year is to take a loss. He provides a break in-between the other matches and normally relies on comedy tactics, with a rare surprise win. Someone needs to come last!

You're not going to see Yano main eventing and headlining the Tokyo Dome. However he is facing Suzuki on the night before the final, maybe he'll cause an upset and cost Suzuki the final (Don't think it'll happen).

I'm a bit worried though where they're going with Nakamura. He beat Cena clean, but he has to work SummerSlam against Jinder Mahal and is likely going lose it immediately to Corbin. Really don't think Corbin will work out for them. Seen plenty over the years like him, they only ever get a token title run at best before fading into obscurity. 

Nakamura they could actually do something with, if they let him have proper big matches and not having JBL call him "The Rockstar" or "The Artist".

Haven't seen Ibushi vs. Tanahashi yet, but heard it was really good.

Edited by AtariLegend

That sounds like one of the dumbest ideas ever. And against Becky Lynch. F that. Maybe if Charlotte was champion but even then what a horrible idea and insanely far fetched even for pro wrestlng

23 minutes ago, Bono said:

That sounds like one of the dumbest ideas ever. And against Becky Lynch. F that. Maybe if Charlotte was champion but even then what a horrible idea and insanely far fetched even for pro wrestlng

If this is what they get back for letting Bork go early... 

C1mGBSvWEAANu9k.jpg 

• Like 1