Major League Baseball Thread - 2018 Season

DirtyDeeds

It’s such a long season it’s ridiculous really. Although I love that about baseball. Keep in mind, we are only 12-15 games into the season, and along about July, you look at the standings that show how you are in the “last 10”... ie 4-6, 8-2, whatever. And that’s no big deal. Everything in April and September is magnified x10... Stanton will hit 40. Judge is so patient for a young guy. 2018 AL MVP...

how about Otahni though? Once in a lifetime talent for this short period! Great fuckin story.

Interesting stats from Nick Cafardo's Boston Globe Sunday Baseball notes regarding  Giancarlo Stanton's slow start:

From the Bill Chuck files —

“In 2018 Giancarlo Stanton’s first 52 Yankee PAs, he hit three homers and struck out 22 times.

In 2016, in his first 14 games, he hit .208 with three homers, 10 RBIs, and 21 strikeouts in 53 at-bats.

In 2017, in his first 14 games, he hit .226 with 3 HRs and 8 RBIs with 19 strikeouts in 53 at-bats.” .

So nothing to get worried about yet as  he is historically a slow starter............

Other fun fact from the same Globe column

Also, “Keep in mind that Marlins president and CEO Derek Jeter never played on a team with more than 73 losses, the 2014 Yankees.”

JMO, but I think the Globe has the best Sunday Sports section I have ever read but I welcome suggestions from others here of great Sunday sports sections they read..........

Edited by classicrawker

• 3 weeks later...

Yankees win again today! What is that, 13 out of 14? I’ve lost track. Something ridiculous like that. If you’re a Yankee fan, this is the most exciting team since 1998 for my money. So young, mega talented, and tons of guys with great personality that makes them easy to pull for.

Big series with Bahhhston next weekend... feels like the dawn of a new dynasty... :lol:

• 1 month later...

The Yankees continue to demolish the AL. The infield of Bird, Torres, Didi, Andujar, Sanchez is sick. Outfield of Gardner, Hicks, Judge. Stanton DH or play OF if needed. This team could rival 98 when it’s said n done...

Me n @Whiskey Rose will be in Toronto on 7/7 watching Yanks vs Jays. If anybody on the forum happens to be around, say hey... 

• 4 months later...