Major League Baseball Thread - 2018 Season

DirtyDeeds

15 hours ago, classicrawker said:

The Tribe look like a team of destiny this year.....not over for sure but will be tough for the Cubbies to win 3 straight against this team........

Cub fans remember the 2003 Marlins, who won the NLCS after going down 3-1 after losing Game 4 at home to a dominant Cubs team. But if we lose, we got to see the Cubs play in the World Series, and we'll be back. This Indians team can fucking play. 

Edited by axlslash
  • Like 1

On 10/30/2016 at 7:55 PM, axlslash said:

Cub fans remember the 2003 Marlins, who won the NLCS after going down 3-1 after losing Game 4 at home to a dominant Cubs team. But if we lose, we got to see the Cubs play in the World Series, and we'll be back. This Indians team can fucking play. 

Well I certainly do! ....hence my username. :) Tonight's game was great though...and onto Cleveland now! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Well I certainly do! ....hence my username. :) Tonight's game was great though...and onto Cleveland now! 

No one who watched that series didn't laugh their asses off watching the fans on the right field wall back away from Heyward last night. Gotta love those little moments. 

64% of teams down 3-2 in the World Series win game 6. Half of those win game 7. Arrieta vs Tomlin favors the Cubs, and anything can happen in game 7. This thing ain't over yet. 

Agreed that the pitching matchups for game six favour the Cubs, but I made the same calculations when the Jays were down 3-1 against the same Cleveland team.  You'd think we're likely going to see a game seven, but Cleveland has continually upset expectations in this post-season so far.  

I suppose a potential game seven would see Kluber vs. Hendricks.  In that case you'd think the Indians would be favoured as no team in this post season has demonstrated any ability to get to Kluber.  

I predicted Cubs in seven so I guess I'll stay with that prediction, but I don't feel very confident about it.

23 minutes ago, downzy said:

Agreed that the pitching matchups for game six favour the Cubs, but I made the same calculations when the Jays were down 3-1 against the same Cleveland team.  You'd think we're likely going to see a game seven, but Cleveland has continually upset expectations in this post-season so far.  

I suppose a potential game seven would see Kluber vs. Hendricks.  In that case you'd think the Indians would be favoured as no team in this post season has demonstrated any ability to get to Kluber.  

I predicted Cubs in seven so I guess I'll stay with that prediction, but I don't feel very confident about it.

Bob Gibson dominated games 1 and 4 of the 1968 Workd Series, but lost game 7. Kluber was the 2nd best pitcher in ball this year. Kersh was #1, and had utterly dominated the Cubs early in the NLCS before facing them on normal rest in Game 6. Kluber will be on short rest if Game 7 happens. It's not likely, but if any team could get at this Indians club, it's the Cubs.

We have one, maybe two excellent games of ball ahead of us. I am satisfied that the Cubs have now at least made it competitive. From this point, our destiny is in the hands of the gods. 

10 hours ago, axlslash said:

No one who watched that series didn't laugh their asses off watching the fans on the right field wall back away from Heyward last night. Gotta love those little moments. 

64% of teams down 3-2 in the World Series win game 6. Half of those win game 7. Arrieta vs Tomlin favors the Cubs, and anything can happen in game 7. This thing ain't over yet. 

I don't think 1/2 of them win game 7. I read that it's only been done 3 times? Or did I read that wrong? I'll go check it out.

10 hours ago, axlslash said:

Your #s are correct. But what I was thinking of is that it's only been done 3 times winning 6 & 7 on the road. 58 Yanks, 68 Tigers, and 79 Pirates. 

I bet it goes 7. But I don't see them beating Kluber in that one. There's always a legendary horse that carries the champ thru- sure looks like it's him this year.

4 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Your #s are correct. But what I was thinking of is that it's only been done 3 times winning 6 & 7 on the road. 58 Yanks, 68 Tigers, and 79 Pirates. 

I bet it goes 7. But I don't see them beating Kluber in that one. There's always a legendary horse that carries the champ thru- sure looks like it's him this year.

The 68 Tigers are an apt example with Kluber going Wednesday if it gets there. Bob Gibson was unhittable in games 1 and 4, but took the L in game 7. It could happen. 

Congrats to the Cubs and ending the 108 year drought!  

I said Cubs in seven (even though I was routing for Cleveland).  

One has to figure that all of Chicago will be closed for business tomorrow.  Lots of hungover people not making it in to work tomorrow.  

Knowing how much I was invested in the Mets last year in their World Series bid, in which they really never showed much of a chance, I can't imagine what it would have been like emotionally to have been a fan of either of these teams. I might not have made it through, at least not without getting physically sick. This was one of the best World Series ever, and probably the best game seven in sports history. If they were making a fictional movie, they could not have written it better. I mean when you have a rain delay in extra innings of game seven between the two teams with the longest droughts, one having made a series comeback and the other having made a game seven comeback, you know you are watching something divinely inspired. I just couldn't help myself from laughing, almost maniacally. It was just too good, I couldn't believe it was true. This series is the best possible thing baseball could ever ask for. It truly gripped the country. God I love this game, truly the greatest of all sports, a gift from God. Congratulations to all who love the Cubs and to all who love this beautiful game, once and always our National Pastime. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Man if the Nationals can get Sale for thise package of minor leaugers it will be a steal.......MLB has Giolito and Robles as #1 and #2 prospects for the Nats and they may be quality players but Sale is stud pitcher, is lefthanded and has a cheap contract.......Hard to believe the Sox can't get more lottery ticket prospects for this guy

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18215113/chicago-white-sox-washington-nationals-discussing-chris-sale-trade