Post pictures of random stuff you've bought recently

Budweiser

• 6 years later...

2344_p46541.jpg

Fender Greasebucket

For my current guitar project.

A set of brand new Fender Texas Special Telecaster pickups.

Tele_Texas_Special.jpg

Model: 0992121000

For this guitar.

_c808179_image_0.jpg

This guitar is not a Fender, but it is quality.

Hand built in Surrey, this Stratocaster/Telecaster actually has an acoustic guitar profile neck. The materials used; The wood, the mother of pearl in the fret inlays (which is just fancy) and the nut made out of bone make this guitar sound better unplugged to record with (when recording in front of a microphone) than any acoustic guitar I have. - That being said, this guitar is old, and the electronics half work - which technically makes this guitar broken!

I'm keeping the knobs and switch head... I'm having a red torturous shell scratch plate made to replace that wooden one... - This guitar as it stands has two 'mystery/unknown to me or my guitar guy' stacked 'single coil sized' humbuckers, and two extra switches, one that splits them, and another mystery/unknown to me or my guitar guy switch, that no one knows does... I'm doing away with both of them because as things stand right now; I am not a fan of splitting humbuckers for single coil sounds....

The reason I'm choosing Fender, for 2 reasons... It's 'trying to be a Fender' it's a Strat style with Tele style electronics... So going down the Fender route just seems apt for this guitar...

As a starting off point... I figure, treat it like a Fender Custom Shop guitar, and if at all for any reason down the line, I can always have the pickups changed.

The second reason... In my experience/history of doing this I have had/used pickups from.

Seymour Duncan (APH-1s and the Dimebucker Dimebag Darrell Signature SH-13)

Rio Grande (BBQ Bucker) (Diamond Plate :D)

Di Marzio (Area 57s and an X2N) (All of them I had in blue)

EMG (The Zakk Wylde Signature Set)

and a vintage pickup that Bare Knuckle rewound/potted/waxed - rebuilt for me (so I just call it a Bare Knuckle).

^So this will actually be my first time dealing with Fender pickups, and I must admit, I am a little curious and want to take this guitar down that Telecaster way, before changing them...

I've tried and tested pickups before and have found Seymour Duncans just sound better/best, for me... So if I ever decide to do away with the Fenders... I can so easily see myself going Seymour Duncan, as that's like a safe bet with me and tone 'if things don't work out to plan with the Fender pickups'.

Estimate time for job: 3 weeks.

To make it sound like this.
]

I've specified that I want all new electronic components to be true of a Fender Custom Shop model, from the jack to the pots to the switch that I want.

I wanted to repair this guitar, and did wonder if I was going down the right road in doing that, with all this money, then literally last Friday night I learned of a Greasebucket capacitor, and that just saved the day, I wasn't planning in falling in love this project, but that Greasebucket may have just done it.

I'm sure it'll make a luxurious tin foil hat once you melt it all down and resculpture it.

I don't know man...it looks like parts for some kind of homosexual blender. Fruity delight.

You wouldn't want to put your cock in that.

Talking from personal experience I take it. Must be a mess down there.

I'm sure it'll make a luxurious tin foil hat once you melt it all down and resculpture it.

I don't know man...it looks like parts for some kind of homosexual blender. Fruity delight.

You wouldn't want to put your cock in that.

Talking from personal experience I take it. Must be a mess down there.

That's what happens when you make demands to a non English speaking, brothel owning mechanic to stick your penis in a tranny. Edited by Johnny Drama

My Nike bag was too small to fit my belt, bottles, clothes and books, so I invested in this bag:

the-north-face-bag-north-face-base-camp-

It even has shoulder straps, which makes it a lot more comfortable for my shoulders and back to carry all my crap around.

One doesn't 'invest' in a North Face (100% nylon Made In Vietnam) bag. Just sayin'

My Nike bag was too small to fit my belt, bottles, clothes and books, so I invested in this bag:

It even has shoulder straps, which makes it a lot more comfortable for my shoulders and back to carry all my crap around.

One doesn't 'invest' in a North Face (100% nylon Made In Vietnam) bag. Just sayin'

I'm so sorry. I'll try to remember to phrase it differently the next time I buy something.

When something lasts like North Face stuff does, trained communist monkies could make it for all I care. Edited by AxlisOld

When something lasts like North Face stuff does, trained communist monkies could make it for all I care.
Take that back!!!! The Scottish aren't that bad! <_<

Just lost a bidding war over an original Live Like a Suicide record to someone who lurked and outbid me at the last second...are you in here lurker? Are you laughing at me still? You broke my heart. I have a feeling you're going to resell it, since you got it so cheap... Just put it up already...you know I'll pay out the ass for it, let's get it over with...