Post pictures of random stuff you've bought recently

Budweiser

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, PappyTron said:

My advice is to pick a laptop that is a decent size, but not too big to lug around. My last laptop had a 20.1" screen and weighed so much you couldn't take it anywhere practical, so to all intents and purposes it was relegated to being basically a desktop system.

Yeah, I had a 16 inch laptop once and that was borderline unwieldy

13-15 inches is the sweetspot imo. I like my current one, its 15. Last one was a weird 14 inches

9 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yeah, I had a 16 inch laptop once and that was borderline unwieldy

13-15 inches is the sweetspot imo. I like my current one, its 15. Last one was a weird 14 inches

Also, with how modern CPUs, graphics cards and hard-drives have developed you can have a lot of power in a laptop as well. 15" is a decent size for a laptop, I think, as you can take it places, but the screen is still large enough not to have to squint to see stuff.

Advantage

Car insurance for my car....

£270.00 for the first payment

£259.00 p/m provisional license holder in London who parks his 2001 Golf Cabriolet on the street.

It should be cheaper once I pass my driving test.

Edited by Snake-Pit

1 minute ago, Snake-Pit said:

Advantage

Car insurance for my car....

£270.00 for the first payment

£259.00 p/m provisional license holder in London who parks his 2001 Golf Cabriolet on the street.

It should be cheaper once I pass my driving test.

Fucking hell snakes that's extortion. I thought i was being ripped off paying £100 a month and I've got a 24 grand claim against my name.

Just now, spunko12345 said:

Fucking hell snakes that's extortion. I thought i was being ripped off paying £100 a month and I've got a 24 grand claim against my name.

I love London, but I hate insurance quotes for here, guy told me once, 'minicab driver', his insurance when he lived in Brighton was £70 p/m for this 7 seater family carrier thing he was driving, he moved to London that increased it by £100 and his insurance went up to £170  (I think he said).

Edited by Snake-Pit

5 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

I love London, but I hate insurance quotes for here, guy told me once, 'minicab driver', his insurance when he lived in Brighton was £70 p/m for this 7 seater family carrier thing he was driving, he moved to London that increased it by £100 and his insurance went up to £170  (I think he said).

Why though? I can't see there being THAT many more accidents there than anywhere else, at least not £100 a months worth. I guess if your driving around central London all day there is a higher risk of knocking some twat off their bike every now and again but not in the outskirts so much. 

12 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Why though? I can't see there being THAT many more accidents there than anywhere else, at least not £100 a months worth. I guess if your driving around central London all day there is a higher risk of knocking some twat off their bike every now and again but not in the outskirts so much. 

Also theft... And damage, and riots :lol: and all of that.

To drive to Soho during the day I'd have to pay congestion charge + parking anyway.

A Ford Ranger is expensive to insure, I wanted one and even got the opportunity to talk with an owner of one at the same time when I wanted one (and  I was running around with my phone and the internet trying to get a good quote on this one I wanted I think for was something £2, 500 and the insurance was upwards of £5, 000 p/a) as he drove me in his Ford Ranger that these cars were sought after by criminals a lot and that's why it was higher than most other cars with 2.5 engines. I've got  2001 2 door 4 seater 2.0 1984cc petrol engine; plus it's a convertible, y'know; Fucking Collin Fucking Wood 'Collinwood' Insurance for learners DON'T insure my vehicle type BECAUSE it's a convertible, fucking bastards'll quote me on price comparison sites, be the cheapest, and when it comes time to buy it says up top in big red writing 'Unfortunately we're unable to insure your vehicle type', and I think they were like £120.00 p/m for learners insurance, I think?.. For me etc... but... I had to go for the next one which was what I got.

Edited by Snake-Pit

11 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

Also theft... And damage, and riots :lol: and all of that.

To drive to Soho during the day I'd have to pay congestion charge + parking anyway.

A Ford Ranger is expensive to insure, I wanted one and even got the opportunity to talk with an owner of one as he drove me in it that these cars were sought after by criminals a lot and that's why it was higher than most other cars with 2.5 engines. I've got  2001 2 door 4 seater 2.0 1984cc petrol engine; plus it's a convertible, y'know; Fucking Collin Fucking Wood 'Collinwood' Insurance for learners DON'T insure my vehicle type BECAUSE it's a convertible, fucking bastards'll quote me on price comparison sites, be the cheapest, and when it comes time to buy it says up top in big red writing 'Unfortunately we're unable to insure your vehicle type', and I think they were like £120.00 p/m for learners insurance, I think?.. For me etc... but... I had to go for the next one which was what I got.

Yeah I had the same thing after that big claim. All the big companies didn't want to know and still don't even now. I'm now insured by some cowboy outfit called Pinnacle :lol: