Post pictures of random stuff you've bought recently

Budweiser

• 3 weeks later...

I tend to spend any extra money on film and/or music equipment.

Clapperboard

20170618215738.MTS_snapshot_00.28_2017.0

Crow feathers for a prop seance board I'm making (yes the feathers are fake but that is because you cannot buy or sell real crow feathers)

20170618215932.MTS_snapshot_00.22_2017.0

Fake blood (I made using a base of corn syrup, clear laundry detergent, and food coloring)

20170618220050.MTS_snapshot_00.25_2017.0

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/06/2017 at 4:10 AM, BlueJean Baby said:

I just bought my 4th copy of AFD...no pic everyone knows what it looks like.?

1st copy was cassette, car stereo ate it

2nd copy was a CD, my ex gave it away

3rd copy also a CD, ex took it to be mean when we broke up?

I'll make a confession. I've never paid for Appetite for Destruction. OK, that's a lie, but I'll explain.

My first copy was on CD. It was a gift from someone who knew someone who ran a business copying CDs, including album artwork, for £3 a pop.

10 years later I lived in an old student house where someone had left a CD. That version is the one on my iTunes now.

The ones I have paid for: 40p for a cassette tape album and £5 for a LP version, both second hand. I swapped the cassette on here for a bootleg DVD and sold the LP to a mate. 

28 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

I'll make a confession. I've never paid for Appetite for Destruction. OK, that's a lie, but I'll explain.

My first copy was on CD. It was a gift from someone who knew someone who ran a business copying CDs, including album artwork, for £3 a pop.

10 years later I lived in an old student house where someone had left a CD. That version is the one on my iTunes now.

The ones I have paid for: 40p for a cassette tape album and £5 for a LP version, both second hand. I swapped the cassette on here for a bootleg DVD and sold the LP to a mate. 

I have to replace all of mine, UYI 1 & 2, are next on the list, could not find them at the store when I bought AFD recently. 

On 5/30/2017 at 10:24 AM, king2vo said:

White casual shirt from Next, it's all about the large front pocket. Will do intense slaying this summer. 

429-210s2.jpg

i like it!

10 hours ago, James Bond said:

I don't have it in my hands yet, but I've got my order placed:

SGC-PSL11052_FINISHES_FAMILY.jpg

Thank you Gibson for making me sell almost all my music gear to fund this.

that is gorgeous! i know someone who would tear that upppppp :headbang:

• Like 1

A cheap, beginners fishing rod and reel with some tackle.  Haven't been fishing since I was a young child with Grampa.  Next week one doesnt require an outdoors card or a licence so I wanted to see if fishing is for me.  Theres fishing about ten minute walk from me so seemed like something to give a shot.  I like to provide my own food when I can.

TBaidM2l.jpg

PS: is there an anglers thread?

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, soon said:

A cheap, beginners fishing rod and reel with some tackle.  Haven't been fishing since I was a young child with Grampa.  Next week one doesnt require an outdoors card or a licence so I wanted to see if fishing is for me.  Theres fishing about ten minute walk from me so seemed like something to give a shot.  I like to provide my own food when I can.

TBaidM2l.jpg

PS: is there an anglers thread?

That pond may be too small for fish.  At the very least you'll need to lift the lid first.  Just kidding.  I love fishing and hope you catch some.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dcon said:

That pond may be too small for fish.  At the very least you'll need to lift the lid first.  Just kidding.  I love fishing and hope you catch some.

hahahahahaha!  Good one!!  Id convinced myself no one would notice.  The lighting wasnt working in rest of my place and I wanted to get it out to explore asap.  

Thanks, I hope so too!

Actually related to questionable fishing locations: The place near me where people fish is an urban environment that the Ministry of Natural Resources says is safe to eat from, given one follows precautions about size and weight and frequency of consumption.  According to forums Ive been reading, a lot of people seem to say the Ministry is BS and its not safe to ever eat any fish from these urban water bodies.  Do you have any thoughts to share on this?  Just generally speaking?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, janrichmond said:

What are you building/creating? Very pretty wheelbarrow btw, could you not get a shovel to match?;)

:) My wife insisted on that wheelbarrow even though I said it wouldn't match our shovels.

The gravel is for a foundation for a small garden wall I am putting up.

• Like 1

On 19/06/2017 at 4:10 AM, BlueJean Baby said:

I just bought my 4th copy of AFD...no pic everyone knows what it looks like.?

1st copy was cassette, car stereo ate it

2nd copy was a CD, my ex gave it away

3rd copy also a CD, ex took it to be mean when we broke up?

Ah... I remember the first time I heard Gn'R was on cassette (it was my brother's copy, who was alive during the 80's).

'Member that instead of having a A-side and B-side, it had a G-side and R-side? I 'member...

At least you have an excuse for buying so many copies. I also have four copies of AFD cuz... I don't know why tbh. Stockpiling...? :smiley-confused2:

4 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

Ah... I remember the first time I heard Gn'R was on cassette (it was my brother's copy, who was alive during the 80's).

'Member that instead of having a A-side and B-side, it had a G-side and R-side? I 'member...

At least you have an excuse for buying so many copies. I also have four copies of AFD cuz... I don't know why tbh. Stockpiling...? :smiley-confused2:

I have had had UYI II, going to get a new one, ex took it too, but my first one had a scratch and it skipped. ?

• 2 weeks later...

nokia-3310-1.jpg

using this as my main phone for the next 15 years. in wonderful freddie mercury yellow (or banana raincoat yellow, whatever you fancy).

i like basic stuff and i'm not too fond of too complicated things like smartphones. if it doesnt feature, it can't break.

Edited by action
  • Like 1

On 2017-06-28 at 6:54 PM, AxlisOld said:

Yay Richlite ?

I don't understand the hate. I get that being less expensive than Ebony that the cost of the Custom Shops should be lower, not higher, but this SG is relatively "cheap" for a Custom anyways. I played an LP Custom with a Richlite board and thought it played beautifully.