9 Bands that STAYED TOGETHER but got worse.. GNR are included in the list?????

For some reason on yahoo they had a link to "9 Bands that stayed together and got worse.

I ask why in the hell is GNR on this list????

Guns N' Roses

Technically, an argument can be made that this band has broken up, since Axl Rose is the lone original member in the lineup.

Still, Rose teased fans with the release of a new album for just about a decade. When that album finally dropped, it was met with disinterest and derision.

WTF are this people on GNR did break up, I know there are most likely saying the GNR name is still going there for they didn't ever technically break up.

Edited by bigcountry

Gnr has broken up since so many years. This is a now just a "project" with some nice guys who participate, but it sounds like a tribute band. But gnr is not your second-class band where musicians can come and go... Can you imagine Led Zeppelin without Jimmy Page or Rolling Stones without Keith Richards? CD is very good but it is not Gnr, no. You know it when you hear it

Edited by nico_france

Which bands who stayed together did not eventually get worse?

Honest question.

None. In a generalised sense, all rock music careers are basically a decline from a, revered, period. A good example is the Stones have not put out a decent album since Ted Heath was in number 10. Metallica have also spent, more years of their career than others, basically declining (from their 1980s pinnacle). The best one can hope for is, to quit when you are at your peak (The Beatles were just beginning to decline when they retired) or have a series of partial comebacks such as Dylan and Neil Young in the 1990s.

• Like 1

Honest question.

Agreed. I am growing sad as I grow older because my bands grow older too. Bands usually explode out of a particular time and culture and when that changes it's harder for the bands to be as unique, as dangerous, as counter-culture. They they find other distractions and lose the edge. I'm not sure what human activity people get better at with age...

Honest question.

Agreed. I am growing sad as I grow older because my bands grow older too. Bands usually explode out of a particular time and culture and when that changes it's harder for the bands to be as unique, as dangerous, as counter-culture. They they find other distractions and lose the edge. I'm not sure what human activity people get better at with age...

Patience, tolerance, Canasta.

• Like 1

They broke up and this is more clarified than, they just lost members. The band you see now is legalistically, no relation to the band then. Axl essentially dissolved, 'Guns N' Roses', and formed a new band with the same name: 'Guns N' Roses'. It is a gigantic Machiavellian con.

To me a break-up is when the entire band simultaneously comes to the conclusion that its time to go their seperate ways. That never happened with GNR. It's a technicality, granted, and in some ways its indisputable that the GNR you can see now isn't the Illusions band and bares little resemblance to it.